Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our coaches had us so prepared for Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Our coaches had us so prepared for Bama

Jul 14, 2019, 2:51 PM

Our National Championship game was about as perfect a game as we could ever had hoped for! Our players were on point and the coaching staff schooled Nick and his staff.
We were one step ahead of them the whole game! #Proud #BestEver

https://www.facebook.com/247037265412738/posts/2270455339737577/?sfnsn=mo

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ain't dat duh troof!***

Jul 14, 2019, 4:06 PM

Re: Our coaches had us so prepared for Bama

Jul 14, 2019, 5:21 PM

There were a couple of things that really stood out to me about preparation. The first is I found myself griping all season about not throwing it over the middle more often. Now I think that was by design. We through it over the middle a lot against Bama and they looked very confused by it. The defenders even gave up on some receivers because they had no idea who was supposed to be covering them.

And on defense, CBV is a freaking genius as always. On those INTs, our DBs knew exactly where the ball was going before he threw it. I especially noticed as we were shutting them down for good in the 3rd quarter, our guys were almost always exactly where the ball was going. Watch on Bama's goal line attempt at the beginning of the 4th (I think). Wilkins cut across like 4 guys in a second or two because he knew where the ball was going. We needed that too or they would have scored there. Same thing with our LBs knowing where to be. This is not just coaching either. The players have to take that coaching and apply it on the field.

Jul 14, 2019, 5:40 PM

Coming from an old Clemson hippy from the early '70's. The ONLY DIFFERENCE between UGAY and everyone else is the COACHING. Just ask Dabo, he already pays out a good bit of his paycheck to his assistant coaches. Clemson has always done things differently.s Dabo just expounded on that fact. That's exactly why if Alabama comes calling; he'll go nowhere. Money doesn't mean anything to him - believe it or not: their are other thing that are more important than MONEY....

Jul 14, 2019, 5:59 PM

Pickney did a great job at shedding the block to be there if Bryant over pursued. Great execution all around.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic