Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our 2020 basketball recruiting class is top 20.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 2,708

Our 2020 basketball recruiting class is top 20.

Jul 31, 2020, 11:58 AM

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/

This is huge, as it is one of few top 20 classes we've had in program history.

We are currently fourth in the ACC recruiting rankings:

North Carolina (#2)
Duke (#3)
Virginia (#18)
Clemson (#20)
NC State (#25)
Louisville (#26)
Pitt (#27)
Virginia Tech (#37)
Syracuse (#39)
Florida State (#43)
Miami (#47)

Having 11 ACC teams in the top 50 shows just how difficult ACC basketball is, especially given our lack of history and support. It is obvious that our commitment to the new facilities a few years ago, as well as increased staff budget for Brownell to get the right coaches on board, is paying dividends.

Great job Coach Brownell and team!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Our 2020 basketball recruiting class is top 20.

Jul 31, 2020, 12:09 PM

Hopefully we will keep all of them for at least three years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 12:20 PM

We also will have the guard who had to sit out this past season. Right? With Sims coming back the Tiger could have a twenty win season. You know that the other guards will be improved

Yes, Nick Honor.

Jul 31, 2020, 12:35 PM

He had a great freshman year at Fordham, and was his conference's freshman of the year, prior to transferring to Clemson. He also played some good minutes for us in our games in Italy last summer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

If our basketball team is competitive we will support better

Jul 31, 2020, 12:25 PM

Look at the Rick Barnes years, Cliff Ellis years. That place was full all the time. Give us a good team and we will give them a good crowd.

No need to be defensive.

Jul 31, 2020, 1:14 PM

This post is about our recruiting success of late.

Since you demand a better product on the floor, you should be excited about the increase in talent coming in.

Hey JK - you sound like a leg humper right now . . . . and

Jul 31, 2020, 12:27 PM

I mean that in both ways.

Have a nice day ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

So in other words

Jul 31, 2020, 1:15 PM

you're glad to see our staff recruit well in a sport we historically don't?

Jul 31, 2020, 12:28 PM

I am pretty sure what I read is that the ranking may not include Prosper because he played outside the US. So, would actually be a hire team ranking if the case.

Jul 31, 2020, 12:39 PM

TigerGoob said:

I am pretty sure what I read is that the ranking may not include Prosper because he played outside the US. So, would actually be a hire team ranking if the case.

No it includes Prosper. 247 includes Canadian players.

Rivals does not. But does give Prosper a 4 star rating as evaluating him.

Jul 31, 2020, 1:57 PM

Covid helped us out getting Kidd. That is 3 big men with some great potential. Crazy to see the schools we are ranked above. Uconn, Kansas, Cuse, among others.

I think it has more to do with the momentum from our

Jul 31, 2020, 2:38 PM

World Championship of the World last summer. Clearly high school players took notice and started to get excited when CBB began recruiting them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Yes, that's it.

Jul 31, 2020, 2:39 PM

I don't know how I missed that.

I think it has more to do with our new facilities

Jul 31, 2020, 2:55 PM [ in reply to I think it has more to do with the momentum from our ]

:)

BINGO. Facilities matter in basketball just like they do

Jul 31, 2020, 3:07 PM

in football.

It's always seemed inconsistent to me that our fans recognize the importance of facilities for football recruiting, but not for basketball recruiting.

I would argue that facilities matter MORE for us in basketball, since we aren't a "basketball school" with a rabid fan base and a successful history in the sport. Facilities are imperative to help us overcome our poor basketball history and lack of historical consistent support from administration and fans.

Re: I think it has more to do with the momentum from our

Jul 31, 2020, 5:43 PM [ in reply to I think it has more to do with the momentum from our ]

Beating 3 top 5-10 teams last year certainly helped.

Also, there was remarkable improvement of Simms, Newman,

Jul 31, 2020, 6:07 PM [ in reply to I think it has more to do with the momentum from our ]

Tyson, and ? which had to impress recruits. Also, the new Center said he came in to learn from Amir and Hall is already learning under Amir. It is great to have such players with great attitudes compared to some previous years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 5:49 PM

I am just glad you are back on board and no longer are open to firing Brad. Welcome back.

I’m always open to firing any coach if we feel we can do better.

Jul 31, 2020, 10:31 PM

With that said, I have never doubted that Brad is an excellent coach and will do well here if he has what he needs.

Thanks. Some serious questions -

Jul 31, 2020, 8:43 PM

1. What are your expectations for this season?

2. Do you fully expect us to make the NCAA tournament?

3. If we do not make the NCAA tournament do you think we should retain Brad? No caveats please.

4. If there is no covid vaccine by November, will you want the season to be canceled?

Thanks.

Re: Thanks. Some serious questions -

Jul 31, 2020, 8:47 PM

expectation: play some games, maybe

Replies: 20
| visibility 2,708
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic