Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OT/ but has anyone recently had lasik
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

OT/ but has anyone recently had lasik

Oct 14, 2018, 8:58 PM

Eye surgery, I just scheduled a consultation visit and am just curious about the cost.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OT/ but has anyone recently had lasik

Oct 14, 2018, 9:01 PM

Clemson Eye in Greenville is about 5,000 for both eyes and all pre and post visits. Sometimes they have specials...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really depends on where you go.

Oct 14, 2018, 9:09 PM

I'm getting it at the end of the year. It will cost $4170 with discounts. That is supposed to cover the follow ups and any such issues that may arise. More than a bit nervous, but it finally needs to be done.
Good luck!

I got lucky and was able to get medical to cover mine.

Oct 14, 2018, 9:15 PM

Had to get new glasses last year and those caused migraines. Changed glasses and still had that problem. Opthomologist recommended Lasik since the stronger prescription caused headaches and medical ended up footing most of the bill. They sent those explanation of benefits statements that said the total cost was $6500 and they negotiated a price of $2200 and I had to pay $200 out of pocket.

TL;DR Fake a migraine for a steal on Lasik

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang you're advice is two weeks too late for me. lol

Oct 14, 2018, 9:23 PM

I am a bit surprised this is still seen as an elective surgery by wording. But I get it if there are other options then medical insurance isn't in the business of just handing out $$$. Too bad really because my medical insurance is top knotch. Eye insurance coverage not so much.

Oct 14, 2018, 9:20 PM

Be careful, all do not do well if you have really elongated eyes, got bil that is having probs because he had it and probably should not have

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 9:27 PM

I'm hoping insurance may cover some of the costs,I'm gonna call blue cross blue shield tomorrow to find out some options if possible.

Oct 14, 2018, 9:24 PM

Works good, but keep in mind it’s not a permanent fix. Last a avarage of 5 to 7 years then you will be wearing glasses again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2018, 9:38 PM

That must depend on the individual case. I had lasik done in 1996 when I was in my 30s and still do not need glasses today. Had severe myopia and astigmatism. Only problem now is needing reading glasses in dim light but that's typical even without lasik.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 16, 2018, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: OT/ but has anyone recently had lasik ]

I had LASIK 17 yrs ago, in 2001, by Dr. Maida in JAX. 17 years later, my sight is better than ever. I had both eyes “set for distance”. It took 4-5 mos. for everything to fully set in to 20-20. At first, my up close was tough and I needed 2.5 reading glasses. But, gradually (sorta forcing up close reading - like exercising) the up close got better & better. It took about 2 yrs for the up close to fully kick in, and at that point I was (and still am) Perfect from 6” to Infinity.
I don’t know where you got, “you’ll need to redo in 5-7yrs”, because that’s totally not true with me. Totally perfect at 17yrs and counting.
Getting Lasik was the BEST THINK (by far) I EVER DID FOR MYSELF. My contacts were a nightmare and driving me crazy. I view it as a complete Miracle.

Oct 14, 2018, 9:46 PM

I had lasik eye surgery about a year ago at Clemson Eye. It cost approximately $4200 plus I had to buy about $180 worth of prescription eye drops. My vision is excellent now, better than 20/20. I wish I had surgery 10 years ago. The procedure at Clemson eye comes with lifetime guarantee as long as you continue to have yearly eye exams. If my eyes change, they will bring me in to fix them. I would make sure that wherever you have your lasik done that they have a similar guarantee.

I Had Mine Done....

Oct 14, 2018, 10:29 PM

Around 1998 . My vision was 20/500,I wore -7.50 contact lenses . I'm still 20/20 . One eye ( my dominate eye ) was done for distance and the other for reading . I've never regretted doing it and the savings over the last 20 years has easily paid for it. I got mine done in Cali for a $1,000.00 . Long story how but like I said....well worth it .

Had the procedure here in Columbia about 15

Oct 15, 2018, 5:08 AM

years ago and was happy with the results.

The strangest thing occurred the day after the surgery when I drove for a follow-up exam and didn't need my glasses. Told friends that I rarely wore them anyway because I knew where I was going and hence, wasn't concerned about road signs. LOL

I thought the procedure was rather simple with no post-surgery problems. Then, it cost $2000, which I paid out-of-pocket.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Had the procedure here in Columbia about 15

Oct 16, 2018, 9:58 PM

I had it done a little over 11 years ago in Chicago area and it was well worth it. I was lucky my insurance paid for about 60% of the cost. I still see very good distance but have to use cheaters for reading. The Dr told me with my astigmatism, I probably would never correct for up close.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic