Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One thing I’m getting tired of hearing…
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,768

One thing I’m getting tired of hearing…

Nov 9, 2015, 8:08 AM

Watching the various ESPN shows over the past few weeks I’ve noticed one phrase that is just getting beat in the dirt to justify their opinion on how an SEC team remains in the playoff hunt.

“Passing the eye test”

This is the new way they are justifying keeping a 1 loss SEC team in the top 4 and in the playoff discussion.

Well ESPN gurus, in my eye test I saw ‘Bama lose to a 7-3 team. But I guess since it was an SEC team they lost to, the test is being graded on a curve.

Apparently an SEC team are the only ones who can pass this test. Notre Dame has one loss (to the current No. 1 team) but is all but out of the playoff discussion because of that 1 (one) loss.

Keep on being the teacher’s pet SEC…we don’t mind whipping Alabama like we did LSU, Georgia, Auburn and SC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND is all but out of the discussion? No way.

Nov 9, 2015, 8:11 AM

They have an very good chance if they win out.

The "eye test" is subjective, but it doesn't just apply to SEC teams. Clemson and Ohio St. also are beneficiaries of it this year.

would FSU be a "quality loss" like Old Mrs, that would keep

Nov 9, 2015, 8:35 AM

us in the top 4? You know the answer is no. Only Alabama is getting a pass due to the SEC myth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I think it's more Bama's wins that have them rated highly,

Nov 9, 2015, 8:46 AM

Not a "quality loss".

So you don't think Alabama is one of the four best teams in the country? Which four do you think are better?

Re: I think it's more Bama's wins that have them rated highly,

Nov 9, 2015, 8:49 AM

Clemson, Ohio state, Baylor, ok St, Iowa to name a few. You know the teams that don't lose at home to a 3 loss team.

That's logical.

Nov 9, 2015, 8:50 AM

I think if four of those teams win out, Bama could be in trouble.

LOL, just realized that four of those can't win out.

Nov 9, 2015, 9:07 AM

That's why Bama's sittin' pretty if they win out. There cannot be four undefeated Power 5 teams. So at least one 1-loss team WILL be in.

Clearly Stanford and ND are better 1 loss teams than bama

Nov 9, 2015, 9:51 AM

along with any of the current undefeated teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Gets it^^^***

Nov 9, 2015, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: I think it's more Bama's wins that have them rated highly, ]

Re: I think it's more Bama's wins that have them rated highly,

Nov 9, 2015, 9:34 AM [ in reply to I think it's more Bama's wins that have them rated highly, ]

If the four finalist in the playoff are about who we "think" is the best team, then why do we even keep score? Let's just make it a big ice skating competition and everyone can vote on who they think is best. We can decide whether we think touchdowns should count or whether fluke plays matter. Apparently, Alabama is immune to turnovers and fluke plays, so the Ole Miss loss really doesn't count. I don't care if Alabama looks like the Patriots, they got beat by a mediocre Ole Miss team on their home field. This eye test ######## is ridiculous. If you want to play for a title, you need to bring it every week. Alabama gets a pass on a loss like that every year. Ohio State got the same pass when they got beat on their home field by a terrible Va Tech team last year. They should not have been in the playoff last year. I don't give a #### if they won it all or not, they didn't deserve to be there. Bama is also benefitting from the SEC myth. Mark May said that they have beaten 3 top 10 teams. ######## Mark May...A&M and GA are no longer ranked, because they aren't very good. Wisconsin is now ranked 23rd, so Bama has beaten the #23 and the #2 team, and lost at home to an unranked team.

Well, let's just make it all undefeated teams then.

Nov 9, 2015, 10:12 AM

When it's teams like Boise St. and Toledo in the playoff, that's just the way it is...

when you can't pass the football playing test, the eye test is all they got

Nov 9, 2015, 8:12 AM

however, the football season is actually just a long football playing test. Alabama failed in their test against Old Mrs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They'll get over-matched in bowl games again ... because of

Nov 9, 2015, 8:16 AM

the hype ... and another set of beatdowns will commence on the vaunted SEC.

They'll figure it out eventually.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One thing I’m getting tired of hearing…amazing how bama

Nov 9, 2015, 8:23 AM

passes this yet some bozos think clemson doesnt after beating both ND and FSU who supposedly had the eye test quality. Oh and a special shout out to Ole Miss. Glad you have Swag and we dont

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One thing I’m getting tired of hearing…

Nov 9, 2015, 8:47 AM

I understand being upset because of the loss, but, Alabama looks better to me than Baylor. They aren't #1, but they definitely look top 4. Saturday proved that.

Re: One thing I’m getting tired of hearing…

Nov 9, 2015, 8:51 AM

Nevermind the fact that technically the only ranked team they've played was LSU...everyone else is well and gone out of the top 25....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

But only because they folded like a cheap tent after losing

Nov 9, 2015, 9:58 AM

to Mighty Bama. Get with the program!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,768
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic