Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One more thought on the Tennessee situation.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

One more thought on the Tennessee situation.

Jan 23, 2021, 2:47 PM

Report comes out. Pruitt fired. Fulmer retires. 3 days later Danny White is hired.

Call me naive or call me stupid, but I find it impossible to believe that Danny White was never contacted by anyone from Tennessee until after Fulmer announced his retirement. Call me stupid, but I find it impossible to believe that the Tennessee administration did not know Fulmer was going to retire until just a few days ago.

I suspect that Tennessee and Danny White were in serious discussions since early December (if not sooner). I don't believe White and TN hammered out an agreement (not only his contract but all the other stuff, staff, salaries for new coaches, infrastructure for new coaches, overall budget for department, etc.) in 72 hours.

And, I don't believe Danny White did not start investigating and vetting coaches until after he was hired at UT. He may not have known who his coach was going to be (but he very well could have) when he landed in Knoxville and was introduced as the AD. I believe he was down to no more than 3 guys and was in the "final negotiations and decision making" a couple of weeks ago.

I find it likely that he and Tennessee had agreed, "Danny, you got the job. But, we can't make it official until our lawyers finish the report and assure us that we can fire all those guys without paying a buyout. That gives you a lot more money to hire a coach. Here's what we can budget for salaries for the HC and his assistants. Get to work on finding your guy."

Message was edited by: bretfsu®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One more thought on the Tennessee situation.

Jan 23, 2021, 3:04 PM

They had a search firm identify him. There was no mention of him by the sports writers in the local paper who named a list of a potential AD.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2021, 3:28 PM

I have no doubt they used a search firm.

Have severe doubts the search frim was not hired until after Fulmer resigned.

My guess is the search firm was hired last November.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2021, 3:46 PM

I think once UT announces they were investigating Pruitt then the ball was in motion..they had a reason to fire him with cause and they just had to get things lined out to back up their claims. No doubt someone reached out to White previously and in sure Fulmer agreed to step down once it was all announced.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic