Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Once all the statues get torn down and all the names......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Once all the statues get torn down and all the names......

Jun 12, 2020, 1:01 PM

on buildings, military bases, etc. get changed then what is the next step? Are we supposed to burn the books that mention and educate about our slavery past? And then what is the last thing to do? Just pretend that slavery and bad people like Calhoun and Tillman never existed?

It's what we all do NOW that is what's important in terms of respecting each other and focusing on real equality. Erasing statues and names will never change or erase the past - and it won't guarantee that relations will improve NOW. That's something for each person NOW to commit to doing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should have not mentioned

Jun 12, 2020, 1:09 PM

"the last thing". That will never happen! Once you get their tails tucked, just keep the pressure on. You already know that they will cave.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

But it makes people feel safe.***

Jun 12, 2020, 1:10 PM

Do you not know the difference between learning the history

Jun 12, 2020, 1:12 PM

of white supremacy, racism and slavery in this country versus building shrines and naming buildings honoring those very same traitors?

This isn't rocket science.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you not know the difference between learning the history

Jun 12, 2020, 1:14 PM

Exactly

You obviously didn't get the point I was.......

Jun 12, 2020, 1:20 PM

making.

The only thing that will bring about true racial improvements is how we all treat and respect each other NOW.

Removing monuments and changing names isn't in itself going to guarantee that people start treating each other better.

Re: You obviously didn't get the point I was.......

Jun 12, 2020, 1:23 PM

No he didn’t.

That's because you showed you simply don't understand

Jun 12, 2020, 1:26 PM [ in reply to You obviously didn't get the point I was....... ]

why people want to stop honoring white supremacist traitors as though they were heroes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read my message again as you didn't get........

Jun 12, 2020, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Do you not know the difference between learning the history ]

the point I was making.

It's not just the removal of monuments and changing names that will in itself bring about needed change. It's how we all treat each other NOW.

If we don't start treating each other better, then nothing will change.

Can't reason with lib t urds it's there way or the highway***

Jun 12, 2020, 1:37 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Do you not know the difference between learning the history ]

of white supremacy, racism and slavery in this country versus building shrines and naming buildings honoring those very same traitors?

This isn't rocket science.

Who are you referring to when you say "traitors!"

I already answered that in the post you just read.

Jun 12, 2020, 1:53 PM

It's pretty clear.

Jun 12, 2020, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Do you not know the difference between learning the history ]

They wouldn't be living the "good life" if they weren't here. You think it is better somewhere else? Let anyone try. There's a reason people are trying to get here. Nuk would have nothing if he weren't in this country. Don't forget that.

Re: Once all the statues get torn down and all the names......

Jun 12, 2020, 1:25 PM

Most of the Confederate soldiers came from families who didn't own slaves. The joined to protect their country from an invader from the north.

They were willing to fight and die for slavery and white

Jun 12, 2020, 1:35 PM

supremacy. They voted for people that supported slavery. They voted for people that supported secession. The period of time leading up the Civil War and the aftermath had some of the highest voting participation in our nation's history(blacks couldn't vote, so these votes were extremely representative of the white community).

Read the Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union. It is entirely and completely about slavery.

It should disabuse you of this false notion.

and they were all democ raps that you now support***

Jun 12, 2020, 1:38 PM

You do realize that I am advocating for the removal of these

Jun 12, 2020, 1:45 PM

white supremacists names while you are arguing for them remaining.

In other words, it is you who is supporting them, not me.

You are showing your ignorance of history.

Re: you do realize that someone can have a different opinion

Jun 12, 2020, 2:03 PM

than you and not be villainized as a racists or white supremacist.

Absolutely. But, people who fought and killed to preserve

Jun 12, 2020, 2:11 PM

slavery and white supremacy should be villainized and not have their names enshrined or be revered as heroes worthy of such.

Re: your opinion and I have mind so agree to disagree***

Jun 12, 2020, 2:30 PM

You should have figured that out awhile back.***

Jun 12, 2020, 2:49 PM

Re: They were willing to fight and die for slavery and white

Jun 12, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to They were willing to fight and die for slavery and white ]

supremacy. They voted for people that supported slavery. They voted for people that supported secession. The period of time leading up the Civil War and the aftermath had some of the highest voting participation in our nation's history(blacks couldn't vote, so these votes were extremely representative of the white community).

Read the Declaration of the Immediate Causes Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the Federal Union. It is entirely and completely about slavery.

It should disabuse you of this false notion.

You're pond scum, di*kless!!

I seem to have struck a nerve.

Jun 12, 2020, 1:51 PM

Why does it cause you so much grief to admit that the Confederacy was a collection of supporters of slavery and white supremacy and people unwilling to speak out against the evils of slavery and white supremacy - complicit enablers?

It's really easy for me to admit it. It causes me no cognitive dissonance.

Re: don't think brow beating is gonna change any minds but

Jun 12, 2020, 2:04 PM

it's the liberal way

Re: I seem to have struck a nerve.

Jun 12, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to I seem to have struck a nerve. ]

I see it like this Chuck - as an ‘84 alum, I am fine with the dinosaurs’ names being removed. I’m not in favor of Clemson’s name being removed who was also guilty of being a man of his time. Confederate slave owners came in all shapes and sizes, but they were captives of their time who went with the flow and wrongly accepted owning slaves just as 21st century men such as yourself accept burning and looting of other’s property and murder of innocent blacks & whites who are only attempting to protect their own property. There’s a lot of work to be done and a lot of hypocrisy In the news right now. I’m proud of Rencher, Jones, Lawrence and others for standing up to their ideals as very young men. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Slaveholders-"captives of their time who went with the flow"

Jun 12, 2020, 2:29 PM

Why didn't they go with the flow and join the Union? 15.5 million versus 5.5 million in the Confederacy.

You casually brush off the evils of slavery and the white supremacy that justified it, while denigrating the Constitutionally allowed protests of police brutality and racism.

Is that Fair and Balanced?

Re: I seem to have struck a nerve.

Jun 12, 2020, 2:19 PM [ in reply to I seem to have struck a nerve. ]

I see it like this Chuck - as an ‘84 alum, I am fine with the dinosaurs’ names being removed. I’m not in favor of Clemson’s name being removed who was also guilty of being a man of his time. Confederate slave owners came in all shapes and sizes, but they were captives of their time who went with the flow and wrongly accepted owning slaves just as 21st century men such as yourself accept burning and looting of other’s property and murder of innocent blacks & whites who are only attempting to protect their own property. There’s a lot of work to be done and a lot of hypocrisy In the news right now. I’m proud of Rencher, Jones, Lawrence and others for standing up to their ideals as very young men. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 1:44 PM

No. The books educate and history is taught. People want to study history. History books are wanted by everyone. They are completely different situation and issues obviously.

What about Jefferson?

Jun 12, 2020, 2:10 PM

I wonder if UVA will undo itself, and if we can unelect Jefferson or any other slave owner president before him? Jefferson owned the mother of his children.

I think Clemson should rename things as it is doing. But we forget the revolutionary heroes that also owned slaves and had children with them it seems.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. We need to remember our past and not repeat its mistakes, while moving forward.

You rewrite the history books so that it is more palatable

Jun 12, 2020, 8:20 PM

for the masses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 9:22 PM

Read Orwell's book 1984 and get back to me. Then we can talk!!!

Ask the Kommies and Fascists

Jun 12, 2020, 11:14 PM

They're experts at it and it's their plans.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic