Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Once again, the ACC, Barker, and Swofford are playing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Once again, the ACC, Barker, and Swofford are playing

Sep 12, 2012, 2:59 PM

chess and the mange board is playing checkers.

ND isn't joining in football yet, but 5 guaranteed ACC games a year will bring in a lot of money for whomever gets 'em at home (assume 3 one year and then 2 the next). Plus, ND ain't scared to play good teams so it will be a mixture of good and weak ACC teams. They ain't going to play Duke, BC, UMD, Pitt, and Wake every year, nor will it be Clemson, FSU, VT, GT, and UNC every year.

The Big 12 move is dead and good riddance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Once again, the ACC, Barker, and Swofford are playing

Sep 12, 2012, 3:02 PM

Yay!!! for losing a home game!! We're gonna make bank playing 5 home games every other year rather than playing 7 or 6 every year. Kudos to the suits

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unconfirmed reports are that this deal will push the ACC

Sep 12, 2012, 3:05 PM

back to 8 conference games. We'll have to see if that happens or not. If so it'd be another gain for Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unconfirmed reports are that this deal will push the ACC

Sep 12, 2012, 3:08 PM

yes if that unravels it would be a big plus. was a dumb concept to begin with

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The same unconfirmed reports also say

Sep 13, 2012, 1:15 AM [ in reply to Unconfirmed reports are that this deal will push the ACC ]

that it will be up to the athletic directors. The only athletic directors that the 9 game conference schedule + Notre Dame hurts are Clemson, FSU, and GT. Clemson and GT have already shown they are more than willing to bend over and grab their ankles for the folks in Greensboro. Don't look for the 9 game conference slate to go away.

Or you could quit crying until you know more details

Sep 12, 2012, 3:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Once again, the ACC, Barker, and Swofford are playing ]

The schools can vote on the schedule going back to an 8-game conference schedule.

Edit: hurr durr left out a wurrd

Message was edited by: ATigersL®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's up to how each school votes.***

Sep 12, 2012, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Once again, the ACC, Barker, and Swofford are playing ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure what to think of that comparison

Sep 12, 2012, 3:03 PM

I mean, Al Groh was apparently playing chess when he was a head coach.

Signed, The Ghost of Al Groh***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Re: Signed, The Ghost of Al Groh- Foul

Sep 12, 2012, 3:04 PM

he has to die first before you can make cghost refernces. and I mena the guy not his career which already did by going to GT. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We still owe him one against GT this year.***

Sep 12, 2012, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Signed, The Ghost of Al Groh*** ]

so we sell and extra 10,000 once every 6 years and Duke sells and extra 30,000 when they play them in Durham. It doesnt help anyone that much but the bottom feeders of the conf

IT doesn't hurt us in any way.***

Sep 12, 2012, 3:12 PM

How about the money we lose when we have to play them in South Bend? That would be their TV contract and they do not have to share.

I don't care what it would mean for Duke's ticket sales. This is a bad move for Clemson!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much are visiting teams guaranteed through ticket

Sep 12, 2012, 3:13 PM

sells, that's something.

Message was edited by: josephg®

In a home-and-home? Usually $zero

Sep 13, 2012, 1:12 AM

We pay teams to come to Clemson if we don't travel to their school.

But visitors don't get a cut of the gate in a normal home-and-home between equal schools.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.cutigers.com/2009/football/virginia/slides/_KWB7614a.jpg

I'm thinking ND plays 2 home, 2 away, and 1 "neutral"

at some big-city stadium, like Maryland in Redskins Stadium, Syracuse in the Meadowlands, or Duke in Charlotte.

Re: I'm thinking ND plays 2 home, 2 away, and 1 "neutral"

Sep 12, 2012, 3:08 PM

Why should there be a nuetral site. 3/2 alternate years is the way I read it.

True***

Sep 12, 2012, 3:11 PM [ in reply to I'm thinking ND plays 2 home, 2 away, and 1 "neutral" ]

why Duke

Sep 12, 2012, 3:13 PM [ in reply to I'm thinking ND plays 2 home, 2 away, and 1 "neutral" ]

there should be plenty of seating room in their stadium now as no one goes

Something to consider

Sep 12, 2012, 3:16 PM

“I want to reinforce that it’s our intention to remain independent,” Swarbrick said. “It’s central to us and was central to these discussions. If something should change -- I don’t know what that would be, but if something drastic would change -- we’re committed to the ACC. We would expect this to be the home of that if we made a change, but I don’t want to send the wrong message.”

Playoffs! I think he's talking about Playoffs!

Sep 12, 2012, 3:50 PM

If there's playoffs that include conference champion, ND joins the ACC.

That's what the "something" is, right? So this statement might tell us he does know what "something" is and maybe it's getting close.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice.
- Steve Martin

josephg, once again I find myself disagreeing with you.

Sep 13, 2012, 6:06 AM

Checkers involves some calculation and strategy. Hating ND, Swaffie and Barker does not. :)

However, I'm glad the Big 12 thing is over. I got carried away by the moment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic