Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Old people on edge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Old people on edge

Apr 27, 2020, 10:39 AM

Rona Rage is real.

Last week I had an old guy get in my face about driving our golf cart across the land bridge in our hood. I was riding on the back so it’s not like I was even driving.

The next day old guy got mad that we parked our golf cart and a friends car in a cup de sac to take some family photos on said land bridge. He lives right next to it and doesn’t like people parking, but alas, it’s a freaking road and anyone can park there at anytime so long as they aren’t blocking driveways, traffic, etc.

Today me and daughter of were ahead of Mrs fluff and son of on a bike ride. Mama Fluff was walking with 3 yr old. We would get ahead and then circle back and then get ahead and circle back. Old lady raised her hands and told me to stop switching sides of the road. Told her I’m just trying to keep up with a 5 yr old. And she said I should teach her better. Her husband said something about it’s nice she’s on a bike and the grouch said I’m sure she’s a good kid and a good bike rider. I didn’t realizeI was breaking foot traffic laws by circling back around.

Some people

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Start coughing and sneezing.

Apr 27, 2020, 10:41 AM

they will leave you alone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

my buddy In the hood says basically the same

Apr 27, 2020, 10:53 AM

They are just worried about dying!

That's why I don't have neighbors.

Apr 27, 2020, 11:38 AM

Because I can ease their worries about dying by making it quick and painless.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cup de sac?***

Apr 27, 2020, 11:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yes, please.***

Apr 27, 2020, 11:30 AM

Stepchildren

Apr 27, 2020, 11:34 AM

opposite time in my family

Apr 27, 2020, 11:13 AM

all the younguns are scared
old ones - me and wife of are fine

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was it...

Apr 27, 2020, 11:41 AM

Walter?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please tell me you did not miss this precious

Apr 27, 2020, 12:00 PM

Opportunity to let all your rage out onto these people? These moments are rare and must be cherished.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s always in front of the wife and kids.

Apr 27, 2020, 12:15 PM

Today was just 1 kid and I almost did.

I DGAF if you've got your kids with you, your pastor, or

Apr 27, 2020, 1:38 PM

Perry Noble himself....I will not pass up an opportunity cuss a MFer out who genuinely deserves it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^This

Apr 27, 2020, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Please tell me you did not miss this precious ]

My dad is a master at dealing with these kinds of people.

I learned at a very early age that nosy people and/or people who take it upon themselves to try and police society generally get pretty shell-shocked when you simply tell them to mind their own business. Passive-aggression is also a tool that's usually in their employ that you can flip around on them and they don't know how to respond.

"Get the fuck out of my face, old man" - my dad at golf course when some regular on a golf cart was complaining about how long it was taking us to walk 9.

They don't know what hit them when you aggressively respond

Apr 27, 2020, 1:43 PM

I guess they're used to non-confrontational people who won't say anything back to them. Not with me, Karen, or grandpa, or whoever wants to play games.

Sounds like you live around a bunch of ########..***

Apr 27, 2020, 12:54 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Old people...lol

Apr 27, 2020, 2:07 PM

Was at Sams few days back. Went to the meat counter. Was this old lady (300lbs with a cane) and her husband in front. Social distancing and all I kept 6 feet back. Lady goes up to the ground beef. Starts looking at EACH packet. Took maybe 3 minutes or so doing this. I can't get in there to grab a pack as I normally would. She then asks the lady if they have lean ground beef. Employee says that's all they have. She then goes off on this rant. A good 5-6 minutes into this I looked over at her husband. He's sitting there watching this, and watching me sit there with my head cocked at a 45-degree angle with "REALLY!!!???" written all over my face. He then looks at me and smiles.After 5 minutes of bitching and complaining, she then looks over each packet again, finally grabs one, then slowly shuffles back over to her husband and cart. I flew in grabbed a pack of ground beef, then kept shopping.

We are finally reaching the point older people act as entitled as 20-somethings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're one of the fortunate ones who...

Apr 27, 2020, 2:39 PM

got away without casting a polkadot shadow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not all of them. I was in Ingles this morning and saw.....

Apr 27, 2020, 3:57 PM

the first boss I ever had. From behind I had a feeling it was him and when he turned around even though he had a mask on I knew.

I'm being cautious because he's 92 years old. Old fellow pulled his mask down grabbed my shoulder and stuck out his hand. Still got that grip! Looked bad, but heck 92. Mind seemed to be OK we talked Clemson football for awhile and he asked about Kelli. The only thing was he asked about my mom and he was at the funeral 10 yrs ago.

He graduated with my mom and was Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force back in the day.

I feel ashamed because he lives a mile from me and I need to go visit him more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic