Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Wide Receiver U? Yes, but Streeter says Tigers are much more than that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: Wide Receiver U? Yes, but Streeter says Tigers are much more than that

Feb 7, 2019, 1:01 PM

Wide Receiver U? Yes, but Streeter says Tigers are much more than that

QB University? DEU? LBU? DBU? Take your pick but there’s no doubt that Clemson is WRU, and that makes the job of quarterbacks coach Brandon Streeter a lot easier. After all, what quarterback wouldn't want to play with the talent that Clemson stockpiles? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Wide Receiver U? Yes, but Streeter says Tigers are much more than that

Feb 7, 2019, 2:09 PM

I hope we can hang onto Streeter for a while longer, he’s going to make a great head coach/offensive coordinator for a college or pro team in the next year or two. I would hate to lose him but I don’t think we can hang onto him much longer unless he becomes offensive coordinator for us.

He’s right though we are the best at what we do, no matter the position. I don’t understand why they don’t let us pick who we want and then let the rest fight over them.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Agree, every QB he has coached has improved, starting with

Feb 7, 2019, 2:13 PM

Stoudt!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As for WR's, Mike Williams should def be listed too!!***

Feb 7, 2019, 2:34 PM

Re: As for WR's, Mike Williams should def be listed too!!***

Feb 7, 2019, 9:27 PM

Absolutely! I'm sure he was accidentally left off the list. Future All Pro...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Wide Receiver U? Yes, but Streeter says Tigers are much more than that

Feb 7, 2019, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Wide Receiver U? Yes, but Streeter says Tigers are much more than that ]

I hope we can sign that QB from Cali, DJ Uiagalelei, what is the latest on this guy?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 3:04 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Wide Receiver U? Yes, but Streeter says Tigers are much more than that ]

If Elliot or Scott was to leave for another OC job, I just don'th think that Dabo would promote another Co offensive coordinator bc they can't pay two what one can make alone. If Scott and Elliot both were making 2 mil a year, I don't think that either of them would ever leave, and I think that the money is what would make one of them leave for another OC job....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 6:47 PM

If one leaves I’ll fill in for half price and Coach QBs. Playcalling would be hey Trevor throw it to (insert stud name here), and wr go score.

Nice luxury to have lol.

Feb 7, 2019, 2:15 PM

;)

Feb 7, 2019, 4:43 PM

You have to always look at things in relative terms. Before and after the first national championship, there's the a period of years where Clemson couldn't throw or receive a difficult pass. That wasn't the offense nor the recruiting effort. My first year in Clemson was 1989...and they were awesome, but they still had very little passing talent. But, they had Terry Allen, Cris Gardocky, and virtually the entire defense that had multiple-year NFL careers. Clemson became known as Linebacker U (supplanting Penn State), because that was the building block.

Fast-forward, now Clemson has had (and still does have) gunslingers and great WR recruits, and college defensive backfields can't deal with it. As a word of caution, as Clemson is now among the most absolute elite in football, you can't count on your top-notch recruits being there for more than two years. Alabama has the same problem (or Duke, Kentucky, or UNC in basketball). Dabo and the coaching staff might have to deal with the possibility that WRs might be the weak point 2021...and of course deal with the DL replacement next year. This is fast-moving stuff.

Feb 7, 2019, 5:31 PM

Heck Yeah! I can't wait for the spring game!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh by the way , for all of you too young

Feb 7, 2019, 7:31 PM

to remember , Brandon Streeter was quite a QB for the Tigers in "98 and "99. The guy was smart , good passer, and pretty dang fast as a runner .

His sr. season he proved to be a real warrior by playing through a bunch of injuries that would keep most people out .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh by the way , for all of you too young

Feb 7, 2019, 8:35 PM

No disrespect meant towards Brandon at all (he's a great coach and recruiter, and he was a decent enough QB), but he did have his shortcomings as a player. I hadn't remembered him this way MYSELF, so I don't blame you for thinking how you do, but I just took a look at his stats to refresh my memory, and he actually threw for 9 more interceptions than TD's in his career. My memory of him is that he at least had a penchant for being good at the right time, though.

Feb 7, 2019, 11:24 PM

if nothing else, he was tough as nails.

Feb 7, 2019, 11:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Oh by the way , for all of you too young ]

I'm glad you looked at his stats since don't remember . Did they tell you about him overcoming 4 major injuries in his career ? I didn't say he didn't have shortcomings but he did play on steam with shortcomings .

He managed to throw for 23 TD's his jr. and sr. year . He also worked thru a fractured ankle , a sprained shoulder , and what was it , a very painful dislocated hip which took the doctors 5 attempts to reset .

I believe he still managed to come back after that to start against chicken little in the final game .

He may not have been a Heisman candidate , but he was pretty darn good and the best we had .

Feb 8, 2019, 1:02 AM

Oh , 3 of those intercepts were thrown at the end of the first half of games where you want to give a long way to go in a short time .

Feb 8, 2019, 7:11 AM

Trevor had a great Championship, but Justyn was a huge reason for it! Justyn played out of his mind the last three games! He will be incredible when he is done with Trevor throwing to him!

I think it's DLU more than anything...

Feb 8, 2019, 10:25 AM

Seems like not matter the coach, Clemson has a rich history of D Linemen. I mean the Perry bros, Da'quan, Gains, Grady, Vic, Buckner, Christian, Dex, Xavier (I already know he's legendary). Point being, the DLine is where it's at first and foremost, then WRU.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic