Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I thought Brownell nailed it last night postgame: "Our
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

I thought Brownell nailed it last night postgame: "Our

Dec 1, 2015, 10:01 AM

offense is better, but we don't play defense like we need to to close teams out." That is the area of expertise that Coach Brownell was supposed to bring to the table.

We lack length and athleticism on the perimeter and our big man and rim protector sits for long stretches with foul trouble. We obviously miss Ajukwa's 6'6" length and experience.

Getting Robertin into the rotation in January(hopefully) MAY help as it will give us a rim protector when Nnoko inevitably gets into foul trouble, plus we need to hammer some people coming into the paint, so those fouls will help. We need more of a consistent presence in the low post so we can take more chances on the perimeter defensively(like we did when KJ was here). It's too hard to beat teams when you can't guard their guard's shots on the perimeter and you can't prevent their guards from running their offense smoothly and getting it into their bigs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Officiating changes on defense and shot clock changes hurt.

Dec 1, 2015, 10:06 AM

It's nothing we can't adjust to, but it's going to be a real challenge to clamp down on D.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Brownell has alluded to the defensive issues on

Dec 1, 2015, 10:21 AM

the perimeter this year. While we can improve in that area, and I'm sure we will, there are limits to what this team can do to address that problem this year with the guards we have eligible.

Given those limitations, an improvement in the interior defense would be helfpul. It would be interesting to see how Nnoko could do at power forward with Robertin at Center. Wish he was playing now so we could experiment with lineup combinations a bit before moving into the ACC schedule.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Robertin has only played hoops a few years

Dec 1, 2015, 10:30 AM

I think it's premature to expect him to come in and be a defensive anchor. Actually Djitte is a much better player the Robertin, Brownell said so himself. Bottom line is we need both Grantham and Blossomgame to be firing on all cylinders to win. Last night Grantham was off.

We shot 53% from the floor and 50% from three.

Dec 1, 2015, 10:44 AM

I don't think it's realistic to expect a better shooting performance than that from the team as a whole.

I agree with Coach Brownell - we played well offensively, we need to play better defense and rebound better. That would also get us some easy baskets, something we don't get enough of.

Rebounding has been poor, especially last night

Dec 1, 2015, 3:13 PM

Their one guy out worked everyone we had. Rebounding is largely about effort. Djitte gives it consistently. Nnoko, Bloss and Grantham have to step up here.

And one thing is very clear. When teams go with 3 guards as UMass and Minnesota did, Grantham is not quick enough to guard them on the perimeter. This is where Ajukwa is sorely missed

Re: Rebounding has been poor, especially last night

Dec 1, 2015, 3:43 PM

striper: agree with your assessment. Would only add that our O seemed to flow much better than in previous years. D concerns me

Same rules hurting us defensively help us on offense as well

Dec 1, 2015, 3:56 PM

Any team looks good on offense the way we shot last night. We're simply going to have to zone and trap more than in the past with the rule interpretation changes. Play some gimmick defenses, something Brownell has rarely done.

Robertin needs to redshirt

Dec 1, 2015, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Robertin has only played hoops a few years ]

We have 3 post players ahead of him

Why bring in a Juco who needs a redshirt then?***

Dec 1, 2015, 3:42 PM

Because he's a sophomore and excellent athlete

Dec 1, 2015, 3:50 PM

He has potential. Just little experience and polish. We'll need him way more the next three years than we do this year. He's a legit 7'0 athlete major schools recruited knowing he was raw, but 7'0 athletes don't come to Clemson often. Well worth the take just will require patience

So you are sitting Blossomgame to play Robertin?

Dec 1, 2015, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Coach Brownell has alluded to the defensive issues on ]

Please, no. Robertin is a huge project. Not sure why anyone thinks he makes meaningful contributions this year

Roper.

Dec 1, 2015, 3:55 PM

He's a defensive liability anyway.

As a two guard for sure***

Dec 1, 2015, 4:00 PM

Re: Officiating changes on defense and shot clock changes hurt.

Dec 1, 2015, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Officiating changes on defense and shot clock changes hurt. ]

We need bigger guards also and Grantham has to be in doubled figures every night. He's too good of a player. Nnoko is never 5here when we need him hats off to Djite for working hard next year I expect bigger things out of him.

Re: I thought Brownell nailed it last night postgame: "Our

Dec 1, 2015, 10:32 AM

ROBERTIN IS ELIGIBLE FOR OUR NEXT GAME.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweet!

Dec 1, 2015, 10:37 AM

Good news!

I don't think Legend is THE SAVIOR

Dec 1, 2015, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought Brownell nailed it last night postgame: "Our ]

Lad hasn't really played in a real game .... heard he was a diamond in the rough ... may need to practice for a bit before he's put out there

would be entertaining to see Nnoke,Djette and Robertin out there all at the same time ... THAT, would intimidate any team

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That line up may not score a point***

Dec 1, 2015, 3:41 PM

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic