Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Ticket prices for Clemson-Notre Dame skyrocketing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

TNET: Ticket prices for Clemson-Notre Dame skyrocketing

Dec 17, 2020, 6:12 PM

Ticket prices for Clemson-Notre Dame skyrocketing

The epic showdown between No. 3 Clemson and No. 2 Notre Dame is almost here as they will play in the ACC Championship Game on Saturday (4 p.m./ABC). Our good fr Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The stadium and ticketing for this game stinks.

Dec 17, 2020, 6:24 PM

Royally.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The stadium and ticketing for this game stinks.

Dec 17, 2020, 8:22 PM

Call the NC Governor.

Dec 17, 2020, 10:44 PM

Swoffy would rather ACC lose $ and not upset NC politicians, than move the game for the benefit of the conference.

Dec 18, 2020, 12:08 AM

Democrat rule! Get used to it or move the game.
Rose Bowl is Zero.
They could play with fans in the seats elsewhere.....

Re: TNET: Ticket prices for Clemson-Notre Dame skyrocketing

Dec 17, 2020, 6:33 PM

I hope all those people get stuck with the tickets...

If I have a ticket and someone is willing to pay me

Dec 17, 2020, 10:28 PM

5 times face value for it isn’t that’s what free enterprise is all about. All of a sudden TigerNet is a bunch of whiny liberals.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If I have a ticket and someone is willing to pay me

Dec 18, 2020, 9:42 AM

If I was liberal I would say it’s fine to charge what you like, but then you’d have to pay enough taxes on that profit to share with everyone else.

I don’t like greedy people. There were several games that I couldn’t attend this year. Instead of charging someone $500 each, I gave them to friends. I hope they get stuck with the tickets and maybe learn a lesson. Gouging does not equal free enterprise...sort of like when gas stations triple their prices during a hurricane evacuation.

Re: If I have a ticket and someone is willing to pay me

Dec 18, 2020, 9:48 PM [ in reply to If I have a ticket and someone is willing to pay me ]

You going to charge that to a Clemson fan.? If that is the spirit of the Clemson "family", its a very dysfunctional one.

Dec 17, 2020, 6:44 PM

Pretty pointless analysis. Multiply the number of available tickets by that price and divide it by 72,000 seats and you get a little under $100 per ticket. That would be a very nice crowd and money for the conference instead of losing money to the artificial demand of the secondary market.

Dec 17, 2020, 6:50 PM

I just got an invitation to the game...... lucky me.

I feel better now...

Dec 17, 2020, 6:56 PM

I only paid $500 for a lower level end zone ticket but dang glad to be going to the game!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.deathvalleytailgatingsquad.com/
http://www.twitter.com/dvts

This will be first ACC championship game I’ve missed

Dec 17, 2020, 7:14 PM

In Charlotte with Clemson in it. Of course I have Covid 19 and feel like complete hell, but still.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This will be first ACC championship game I’ve missed

Dec 17, 2020, 8:25 PM

You should have worn a mask everywhere you went, and have a small carry size of germicide in your pocket so that you could have disinfected your hands after touching anything that wasn't attached to you!!! Knock on wood but, I believe that has kept me safe ever since covid-19 became the biggest killer in our country!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This will be first ACC championship game I’ve missed

Dec 18, 2020, 12:20 AM

Are you kidding? Biggest killer?
Fewer people will die in the US this year than normal. The overall death rate has dropped this year.
People dying from wrecks, accidents, heart attacks, etc. Are getting classified as COVID.
Less than 10% of the reported deaths are COVID only.
How many COVID deaths from going to Clemson home games this year?
Almost all the COVID patients admitted to hospitals claim they wear masks ??

"Almost all the COVID patients admitted to hospitals claim

Dec 18, 2020, 9:57 AM

they wear masks".

I'm personally glad that they did. It helped slow the spread.

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Dec 17, 2020, 7:51 PM

And this is why it should just be an empty stadium. It’s not right that I was prepaired and purchased my tickets months ago but because I’m not in the 1% as the ACC ticketing office called it so I didn’t get my tickets. Now you have people who don’t seem to care selling tickets rather than going. Thanks North Carolina.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 17, 2020, 8:16 PM

The people that have that kind of money to go and freeze to watch a FB game, they should be helping family members that are catching pure H&11 just to make it from one day to the next, and stay at home to watch the game in total comfort with no lines to the restrooms!!!

Dec 17, 2020, 8:20 PM

Anyone who would pay those prices has more money than they need. Help children for Christmas and watch the game on television .

Dec 17, 2020, 9:26 PM

Now boy you could not have typified the liberal mindset in this country any better if you tried. Nothing worse than a thief

Thief...? You seem subconsciously warped...... Boy.***

Dec 18, 2020, 12:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2020, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Ticket prices for Clemson-Notre Dame skyrocketing ]

There is always someone like this whining about helping children or some other stupid ??! As if there aren’t people out there with enough money to help children and attend a game.....and who determines how much money someone “needs”, hopefully not the likes of you!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huge risk

Dec 17, 2020, 9:22 PM

Witj a game that could’ve been cancelled and no refund except face value.

Go Tigers!

TOO soon. Pricing will drop all day today.

Dec 18, 2020, 7:09 AM

This article was a little early. With most not having the tickets in hand and available until today, the prices were inflated due to supply. With supply opening up today, watch the prices drop.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad I feel secure enough

Dec 18, 2020, 7:34 AM

to watch this one on TV and still know I’m a real Clemson fan. Saves a lot of cash.

The only reason I can think of that someone would pay that much to sit in a cold, empty stadium is so they can say “I was there!”

No thanks!

I'm going to watch the game!

Dec 18, 2020, 8:28 AM

I am excited to be going so that I can watch the game. There has not been a game lately that I watched on TV where I didn't have complaints about the camera angles not showing the whole formation or worse the camera is focused on someone on the sidelines or not even there while the game was going on. Being at the game, you are able to see so much more of what is happening. The cameras control what you see when watching on TV. I do like to watch the game later on TV just to see how much others got to see and what they missed. Hopefully those at home won't have delayed starts or ends or interviews to contend with.
Go Tigers!

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course. Just not worth the inflated prices is all I’m saying.

Dec 18, 2020, 8:50 AM

Maybe you paid face value. Hope you have fun and see a win!

Don’t stay out past 10pm.

Re: I'm going to watch the game!

Dec 18, 2020, 12:55 PM [ in reply to I'm going to watch the game! ]

TigerSSR® said:

I am excited to be going so that I can watch the game. There has not been a game lately that I watched on TV where I didn't have complaints about the camera angles not showing the whole formation or worse the camera is focused on someone on the sidelines or not even there while the game was going on. Being at the game, you are able to see so much more of what is happening. The cameras control what you see when watching on TV. I do like to watch the game later on TV just to see how much others got to see and what they missed. Hopefully those at home won't have delayed starts or ends or interviews to contend with.
Go Tigers!

I understand your point about going.
My complaint about seeing the game on ABC, is that the audio is horrible. When there is piped in crowd noise, it is way too loud, and you can't hear the announcers over it. It is sooo annoying. Seems like it happens every week, no matter what game ABC is covering.
#GoTigers!!!

I have tickets. They’re mine. I’ll do with them what I want.***

Dec 18, 2020, 8:43 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Dec 18, 2020, 10:21 AM

It's all market driven. If you have tickets, can't use them and want to give them to someone, that's fine. If you want to gouge, that's OK too. No one is forcing anyone to buy their tickets. If you want to go to a game you can usually can find some in the upper deck for close to purchase price. The ones I see for really high prices are usually seats close to the field or the 50-yard line.

2024 purple level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic