Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Obama's economy is bouncing back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 487

Obama's economy is bouncing back

Jun 5, 2020, 1:36 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I must admit, I totally underestimated him***

Jun 5, 2020, 1:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I must admit, I totally underestimated him***

Jun 5, 2020, 6:41 PM

those green shoots are finally coming into their own.
thanks Obama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

You should have figure it out when the econmy....

Jun 5, 2020, 7:41 PM [ in reply to I must admit, I totally underestimated him*** ]

took off like a rocket when Obama started spying on Trump. How a man with your intelligence couldn't put those two related event together is beyond reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its all the police funding we're pulling. We can now use it

Jun 5, 2020, 1:40 PM

for the economy. Good play Dems!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It'd be a shame if they had to give up some of their toys

Jun 5, 2020, 2:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And here’s why they have those

Jun 5, 2020, 2:26 PM

Re: And here’s why they have those

Jun 5, 2020, 2:38 PM

Thanks for clarifying, I would have assumed they have those vehicles cause their fat ### cops require a very heavy duty suspension to transport.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe you can call the Safety Squad

Jun 5, 2020, 2:48 PM

Don't tempt me with a good time

Jun 5, 2020, 3:12 PM

I'm almost 32 years old and have never called the cops for anything, or encouraged anyone else to do the same. When seconds matter, the cops are only minutes away.

What if we didn't "defund" police, but if we just cut their budgets such that they didn't have the money to spend on paramilitary gear and equipment? Unless you're SWAT or ATF or Vice or whatever, M4 rifles and kevlar vests are just overkill.

I'm willing to take this risk if we can funnel those funds for MRAPS and military-grade weaponry and equipment to our public infrastructure that is woefully outdated compared to other wealthy countries and our school systems.

Would that really be extreme or far-fetched?

Re: Don't tempt me with a good time

Jun 5, 2020, 3:23 PM

Now you're talking about upsetting the military industrial complex.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How exactly is it overkill?

Jun 5, 2020, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Don't tempt me with a good time ]

Re: How exactly is it overkill?

Jun 5, 2020, 3:30 PM

I see what you are saying, but this isn't a discussion we can have without talking about gun control in general. It's late on a Friday, and I don't think either of us wanted to spend the evening extrapolating on that. At least I don't.

I believe police have the right to defend themselves. Why they should have to defend themselves against assault weapons in rare cases is again, another argument.

Even removing that possibility, how long have cops been militarized in this way. What are the driving forces behind it?

Re: How exactly is it overkill?

Jun 5, 2020, 3:35 PM

"I'm almost 32 years old and have never called the cops for anything, or encouraged anyone else to do the same. When seconds matter, the cops are only minutes away."

Which is the reason I'm on the right when it comes to guns. The cops are always minutes away when a single woman is trying to protect herself from the 200lb man climbing in her window.

OT I know

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. I have a 12 gauge pump and a 38 revolver

Jun 5, 2020, 3:36 PM

If I can't defend myself with that, it's going to be too late anyway.

Sounds like we have a gun problem in America then***

Jun 5, 2020, 8:23 PM [ in reply to How exactly is it overkill? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It'd be a shame if they had to give up some of their toys

Jun 5, 2020, 3:06 PM [ in reply to It'd be a shame if they had to give up some of their toys ]

Apparently we should take their doughnut budget

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Jun 5, 2020, 3:20 PM [ in reply to It'd be a shame if they had to give up some of their toys ]

Yeah, it'll be a shame if they can't use some of those toys to end hostage situations, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2020, 3:21 PM [ in reply to It'd be a shame if they had to give up some of their toys ]

Yeah, it'll be a shame if they can't use some of those toys to end hostage situations, etc.

Replies: 18
| visibility 487
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic