Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I actually enjoyed Rush Limbaugh’s show, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 613

I actually enjoyed Rush Limbaugh’s show, but

Apr 1, 2021, 1:20 PM

This “beyond the grave” stuff they’re currently doing with his time slot is tedious and more than a little weird.

He knew he was dying for a year....this is the succession plan they came up with for his show??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My guess is that it has something to do with his contract.

Apr 1, 2021, 1:23 PM

With cumulus, or whoever it is with. Probably are just winging it with reruns until some time period due to the contract, or some deal was made.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its already done, Dan Bongino

Apr 1, 2021, 1:25 PM

is taking over in most of the markets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is he on the same show or just on that time slot with a

Apr 1, 2021, 1:26 PM

different company?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rush changed everything for the right

Apr 1, 2021, 1:28 PM

The right had NO voice nationally before him. He basically led the way for Fox as well.

queue the leftist outrage posts ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rush kinda lost me over the years.

Apr 1, 2021, 1:40 PM

He was very slow to see what was happening to the party, and he ended up FAR too aften getting suckered into the issue de jous. He used to analyze the news with a conservative slant. But over the years he digressed, as did most of the media, into getting lost in the trees. He really was slow to see what was happening. Many conservatives have been. Smarter ones left Rush a long time ago. More of a fan of Mark Levin, although he too has gotten lost. But these principled people, grounded in ideology, MANY were taken in by Trump. Trump is grounded in power. Saying what people want to hear. He struck a nerve, no doubt. But he's not the answer. He is though, now the party, and that's sad.

The party of Reagan is now the party of Trump, and the party of Tip O'neil is now the party of Nancy Pelosi.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mark Levin? the dude that screams ALL the time?

Apr 1, 2021, 1:46 PM

i cant stand that guy. its not enjoyable at all to listen to him. The world is always coming to an end.
He just breeds hate imo

Rush was best in his early years

Apr 1, 2021, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Rush kinda lost me over the years. ]

When he was a master of sarcasm. He got too serious and yes, got lost in the trees too much.
I stopped listening in late 90’s.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once upon a time, Reagan was the outsider

Apr 1, 2021, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Rush kinda lost me over the years. ]

Republican establishment did not want him either.

Trumps message of bringing manufacturing/jobs back to America, (especially in industries with National Security implications), NATO not paying fair share, America first, pointing out China's danger, secure border, energy independence are messages no one else in the Republican party was saying.

He is flawed in character for certain, but unfortunately, he was the only one that could get those messages across to the GOP leadership - who is still not on board.

GOP better understand, neo-cons are disliked by a lot of people. Trickle down is not what people want to hear. They want to see American jobs, brought back to America, and if the government has to subsidize them to make them profitable, so be it. The fantasy of letting the "free market" determine where companies manufacture goods should be dead.

Any "republican" that voted for Biden, was never a conservative in reality. Sitting at home is one thing, but voting for Biden is anything but conservative and if you don't believe it, watch the next 4 years unfold.

Message was edited by: tigertrain®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you like the command economy aspect of

Apr 1, 2021, 4:27 PM

communism but just not the wokeness?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nothing communist about having American corportations

Apr 1, 2021, 4:37 PM

manufacture goods in America. If you think we are on a level or fair playing field with rest of world, I don't know what to tell you. How do you compete with slave labor? stealing of intellectual property, having to bow down to whatever communist party in China tells you in order to sell goods?

The US "subsidized" IBM "computing" for decades giving them military or government contracts. The US would not have "silicon valley" if not for government funding.

Wake up... this "free market" we grew up hearing under Reagan, was a mirage. The world changed. There was no competitive China in 1988 (or Asia for that matter with the exception of Japan)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I rarely listen to that show, but it was on a few weeks ago

Apr 1, 2021, 2:33 PM

and they were playing like a 2 years old show, where Rush was going through his typical convoluted mental gymnastics to say why someone did something, and the new announcer comes back and relates whatever Rush said (that made no real sense) and kept saying that even what Rush was saying then is applicable to (insert any topic here).

I don't see how anyone can listen to that dribble. Rush is gone, and they are just essing his d.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I actually enjoy Rush Limbaugh’s being gone.

Apr 1, 2021, 9:50 PM

Years ago entertaining, But angry and white is kind of pathetic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I actually enjoy Rush Limbaugh’s being gone.

Apr 2, 2021, 7:19 AM

But angry and white is kind of pathetic.

But enough about KeoweeIndians...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Does "beyond the grave" mean "reruns"?***

Apr 2, 2021, 7:18 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Replies: 14
| visibility 613
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic