Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not much is as sad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 585

Not much is as sad

Oct 16, 2019, 6:42 PM

as when my kids get shots. Always tough to see my son cry like that, but it’s for the better. Hopefully no flu this year.

I haven’t ever gotten one and haven’t had the flu in years, so I am skeptical.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't afford to roll the dice on this one.

Oct 16, 2019, 6:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never had a flu shot. I just jinxed myself. ******

Oct 16, 2019, 6:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me either and never had the flu.***

Oct 16, 2019, 6:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why you've never had the shot.

Oct 16, 2019, 9:41 PM

One bout and you'll comply. I admit, the worst case of the flu was a year when I got the shot. I don't know if it was old stock or they filled the hypo with water or what but it nearly killed me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure what age your kids are at.

Oct 16, 2019, 7:37 PM

But it doesn’t necessarily get better. My oldest boy hadn’t cried for a shot in a couple years. Very tough by most men’s standards. Last checkup they said he had 4 due. Wifey suggested 2 visits of 2 shots. Perhaps sensing my cheapness, oldest said he’d prefer to get all 4 over with now. He held like a stone through 3 shots, with minimum flinch. When he saw the 4th needle coming and the nurse said this one is going to hurt a little... he melted back to a baby. My heart was broken. I wanted to hold him and give him ice cream and snacks so much that I called work and said I wouldn’t be coming back to work that day. I can still hear him trying to hold his crying back to this day.

God bless you manic. Shots are a tough day. I think that’s why we trade shots for ShOts when we get older. I’m going to drink now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My 8 year old daughter gets shots every week for 6 months

Oct 16, 2019, 7:51 PM

then monthly for allergies. Doesnt even flinch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah well my grandma can beat your grandma up.

Oct 16, 2019, 8:35 PM

Plus, your daughter is obviously a ####### super hero! That many shots automatically makes you an equal to Wolverine from X-Men. Or at least some other mutant who is clearly capable of destroying me if I talk back. So Imma sit here and drink cold beers like a good boy.

Re: Yeah well my grandma can beat your grandma up.

Oct 16, 2019, 9:35 PM

So, I dated both of them for about...

Oct 16, 2019, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Yeah well my grandma can beat your grandma up. ]

five minutes a week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the way I was.

Oct 16, 2019, 9:44 PM [ in reply to My 8 year old daughter gets shots every week for 6 months ]

If I ever cried over a shot it was before I was old enough to remember it.

My daughter can tie off and shoot smack with one hand

Oct 17, 2019, 10:35 AM [ in reply to My 8 year old daughter gets shots every week for 6 months ]

and not flinch.

After a couple times, she quit puking when the dragon arrived.

Wait until he gets the clap...

Oct 16, 2019, 9:39 PM

and gets that huge load of cold penicillin in the butt.

And if your son's gotta take huge loads in his butt at least

Oct 17, 2019, 9:41 AM

it's penicillin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I've got the flu shot once in my life, but I'm going

Oct 17, 2019, 9:49 AM

to start getting it now annually, mostly for all of my friends' kids. While the flu vaccine is just a guess of strains, it still provides some herd immunity, helps mitigate spread of the flu, and allegedly makes it so if you catch one of the strains that the vaccine wasn't predicted for, it's less severe.

Shots always suck, I went through years of allergy shots and they still suck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

i started getting them because of G..especially when

Oct 17, 2019, 12:42 PM

started going to school. ick. I cringe thinking about all the germs in that place. Now that he's in elementary, I pretty much will hold my breath all season.

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

I have gotten the flu once

Oct 17, 2019, 10:09 AM

And it was the year I got the flu shot. I have to get it this year though, so I am not looking forward to it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

dood is red preggers?

Oct 17, 2019, 11:59 AM

my only reason for ever getting a flu shot was due to babies.

I swear I get sicker than normal every year i get a flu shot

###### man, they haven't told Tyrone yet.

Oct 17, 2019, 12:01 PM

way to spill the beans

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Son never cried, daughter did up until 9 or so.

Oct 17, 2019, 10:11 AM

Then she had a couple hospital stays and got so used to them she'd rate the nurses on their vein finding ability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Give mom/dad of TXTF a call

Oct 17, 2019, 12:03 PM

next time for shots you'll be all like

oddly my 2 yr old boy didn’t flinch.

Oct 17, 2019, 12:28 PM

4 yr girl flipped out 4 minutes after the fact.

wimmen

My son never flinched ...utnil this year. He'll be 5 next

Oct 17, 2019, 12:40 PM

month. he even started to get anxious when we told him we were going to the doctor. I didn't get it. then, when it was time, we had to hold him still as he tried to squirm away. he was like a plank board...muscles tensed all up. so of course, that made it that much worse. then he cried the most pitiful of cries...until he got a sticker.

boys

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Replies: 22
| visibility 585
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic