Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chris Fowler is Anti - Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Chris Fowler is Anti - Clemson

Oct 12, 2020, 8:05 AM

After about 5 minutes of Saturday night's game against Miami, Fowler started his "Go Miami" routine that he "speaks" for all Clemson opponents. He does everything other than wear the opponents' sweatshirts in our press boxes everytime he broadcast our games. Miami made one first down and he pronounced that they,"now have the momentum to get back in the game." Not until we scored our 27th point did he finally recognize that the Tigers had kicked the Hurricane's backside! I've been sick of his "color" comments for years!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chris Fowler is Anti - Clemson

Oct 12, 2020, 8:07 AM

I agree. And i hate his eyebrows too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 8:07 AM

Did you watch the game. Thought he did a good game. Lots of compliments for Clemson

Nope. He had many good things to say.

Oct 12, 2020, 8:13 AM

Have met the guy. Likes Clemson. He is supposed to build up the other team too, it is why gameday was there for... two great teams. He complimented Clemson countless times on air, and was giddy when herbies son went in.. more than Kirk!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Nope. He had many good things to say.

Oct 12, 2020, 8:13 AM

Have met the guy. Likes Clemson. He is supposed to build up the other team too, it is why gameday was there for... two great teams. He complimented Clemson countless times on air, and was giddy when herbies son went in.. more than Kirk!

63-17

Oct 12, 2020, 8:17 AM

He’s supposed to do that. His job is to not let you change the channel. It seems like he does it to clemson all the time because our games are often lopsided.

This

Oct 12, 2020, 8:27 AM

I read it totally opposite of the OP. It sounded to me like he and Herbie expected it to be a blowout and were trying to keep guys from letting their wives turn it to dancing with stars reruns.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Oct 12, 2020, 8:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 12, 2020, 8:25 AM

I like Fowler--think he calls a great game.

It is their job to keep viewers watching during a game that is lopsided.

Oct 12, 2020, 8:29 AM

I do think he appreciates what Clemson is and has done but I also do believe he wants badly to be announcing a/the regular season game in which Clemson loses. Just my thoughts based no his entire body of work while doing our games. He does a good job over all and I thought he was fair on Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sensitive

Oct 12, 2020, 8:30 AM

It seems like some people are just sensitive that they automatically think they're hate a certain school the one instant they say the truth, which might sound negative.

I watched the whole game, and I thought he calls it like he sees it.

I don't know what you saw.

Look! He might be "anti-Clemson" deep down, but I felt he called it fairly.

I rather hear Chis than Todd Ellis. I enjoy listening to both

Oct 12, 2020, 8:32 AM

Chris and Kirk. They're better than just about everybody else. Miss Jim Phillips and Keith Jackson.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2020, 8:46 AM

You know those announcers jobs are to provide "entertainment" right?

Oct 12, 2020, 8:52 AM

I often wonder if I watch the same broadcast as others on here. As far as when he recognized that we had 'kicked their backsides' there was even the exchange when we were up 14-3 and getting close to scoring that he mentioned that it might be the knockout punch. Then Kirk joked about there still being a ton of game left and not having people turn to a different channel.

Also, even if he made a comment about Miami having momentum to get back into the game then so what? Part of his job is to create excitement over what's going on in the game. Should he have instead said that even though Miami just got a first down they might as well give up?

As someone who has been known to mute the game because of the announcers

Oct 12, 2020, 8:59 AM

Fowler is not bad at all.

Re: As someone who has been known to mute the game because of the announcers

Oct 12, 2020, 9:21 AM

Go listen to Gary Danielson and you will welcome anyone else. Even Bamajim1 fans think he hates on them. Lol

Oct 12, 2020, 9:33 AM

Goodness man, you must live in an alternate universe. Fowler, anti-Clemson?

What it could be is Herbie slathers over us so much it's embarrassing sometimes. I wish he'd pull back a little bit. It is obvious he and Dabo talk often.

Fowler is great and is actually more objective than Herbie.

Oct 12, 2020, 9:40 AM

I'm not sure what game you were watching but at 14-0 when we got into the redzone Fowler pronounced the game over if we scored. This was just prior to our holding penalty which then led to the 1st blocked FG of the game.

Kirk had to talk him into agreeing that there was a lot of game left to play and that Miami was a good team. Kirk basically said on air, don't pronounce the game over or we will lose our viewers.

Fowler then flipped it on Kirk and asked him if there was any way that Miami could come back from down 21-0 on this Clemson team and Kirk admitted they couldn't.

I always think Fowler does a good job calling games.

Oct 12, 2020, 9:43 AM

I'm pretty sure Fowler pronounced all our players' names correctly. This time.

I liked his praise for Van Halen

Oct 12, 2020, 10:41 AM

like the guy even more now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Oct 12, 2020, 12:08 PM

Watch this condensed game. I dare anyone to say Fowler is anti-Clemson. On more than one occasion, he refers to Travis on a first name basis only. He's almost as big a homer was Herbie.

I nominate this threat as a candidate for the dumbest of 2020.

https://youtu.be/1L1A0zegZT0

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic