Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No Summer camps
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

No Summer camps

Apr 28, 2020, 9:37 AM

If you look back through the last several years at how many football recruits were sold on Clemson when they attended Dabo's camp, is it a big deal that camps are cancelled? No doubt camps are great opportunity for coaches to show what their programs are about so time will tell if it hurts us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Summer camps

Apr 28, 2020, 10:00 AM

Valley Boy said:

If you look back through the last several years at how many football recruits were sold on Clemson when they attended Dabo's camp, is it a big deal that camps are cancelled? No doubt camps are great opportunity for coaches to show what their programs are about so time will tell if it hurts us.

It's a huge deal for players as well.

My son got his offers thanks to camps because he wasn't on any recruiting radars. The big programs will promote their kids and they'll get their offers, but there's a heap of other kids who won't get theirs until some eyeballs get on them.

The camps traditionally are only open to players who still are in high school. Because of this, I'd open the next ones up to anybody who still has an interest in college ball because a lot of kids aren't going to get found this year and a lot of seniors are going to get missed.

The big losers are going to be the kids without name recognition...and also, because coaches aren't going to get a chance to work with the "name" kids in these camps they're not going to know as much about even the ones whose names they do know. Everybody loses because of this.

Re: No Summer camps

Apr 28, 2020, 10:38 AM

The good news is that all schools will face the same problem. Dabo and staff will navigate it better than most.

Message was edited by: gatigerbc®

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic