Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Modern-day gladiators: Swinney describes running down the hill
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,829

TNET: Modern-day gladiators: Swinney describes running down the hill

Jun 1, 2020, 8:30 AM

Modern-day gladiators: Swinney describes running down the hill

When Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney steps off the bus at the top of the Hill and walks through the gates, he’s met with an explosion of sight and sound that not many people get to experience. In his eyes, it’s like modern-day gladiators entering the arena to do battle. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Modern-day gladiators: Swinney describes running down the hill

Jun 1, 2020, 8:43 AM

:)

Jun 1, 2020, 9:35 AM

“The reality is a lot of these coaches have been able to create generational wealth,” Moton said Sunday on ESPN Radio’s Sunday Morning. “Their grandkids’ kids are gonna be able to live a prosperous life because athletes who were the complexion of George Floyd were able to run a football, throw a football, shoot a basketball or whatever have you, so they have been able to benefit from athletes that look like George Floyd and many more. But whenever people [who are] the complexion of George Floyd are killed, assassinated, murdered in the street in broad daylight, they’re silent.”

Jun 1, 2020, 11:31 AM

This has nothing to do with the article.

Jun 2, 2020, 5:47 PM

So true, If someone wants to be a jerk they will always find a way.

Jun 1, 2020, 9:41 AM

“I have a problem with [their silence] because it seems as if black lives matter to them whenever they can benefit from it or whenever they're getting them first downs, catching an alley-oop or shooting a [3-pointer] or whatever," Moton said. "When it's time for humanity to speak up on behalf of the student-athlete, it's silent. It's crickets. And my problem is if the murdering of black Americans is too risky of an issue for you to stand up as a leader, then who are they really playing for?"

no need to post that crap here. Dabo speaks out on

Jun 1, 2020, 10:16 AM

most social situations, including this one, it’s usually followed by people complaining that he “won’t shut up and just coach football”. Go complain about some other coach, or take 2 minutes and do some research. If your angle is that Dabo uses is players and discards them, you have to be the most ill informed person on here.

Jun 1, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Modern-day gladiators: Swinney describes running down the hill ]

Apparently you have had your eyes closed, and your ears covered bc, whites have been speaking out, and they have been in the protest around the country. If you think for a second that whites enjoy seeing bad white cops demonstrating their hatred against our black society, then think again bc I absolutely hate it, and I believe they should be made an example of in our courts of law, even for any cops that stands looking and does nothing to stop the brutality!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 2, 2020, 5:37 PM

Well said. I agree. I hate what has been happening. If a cop (regardless of color) brutalizes someone (regardless of color), then that cop should be punished, plain and simple. But, it should be done legally, not by a lynch mob. If said cop is not legally punished, then there is something terribly wrong with our legal/justice system. And Dabo has absolutely nothing to do with this. As far as I can tell, Dabo has given countless players, regardless of color, opportunities to play at Clemson, graduate and then either move on to the NFL, Canadian League, some other league or to another profession. If some of his players do not use what he has given them as a platform for their careers, it is on them, not him. He coaches them, loves them, helps them win, and helps to develop not only their athletic skills, but their emotional maturity as well. I'd say a guy like Dabo should make mucho dollero. I don't see any of the big mouth whiners doing any of this. All they do is complain. Let me see them lift a finger to help someone. Too busy running their mouths. 'Nuff said.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,829
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic