Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else hoping we revive our rivalry
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Anyone else hoping we revive our rivalry

Dec 22, 2017, 1:04 AM

With UGA? I loved those games back when I was younger, mostly because I hate UGA, but man do I love to hate them. We are rivals in everything else and Clemson and Athens are closer to each other than either is to Atlanta or Columbia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone else hoping we revive our rivalry

Dec 22, 2017, 7:04 AM

Yup, hope we renew it in a couple of weeks!

It will be fun watching us dismantle them on national television.

Seriously, I'd love to renew the rivalry but their fans are turds so I have reservations.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, it was always Smash Mouf Football. And because of

Dec 22, 2017, 7:07 AM

their fanbase behavior before, during, and after games, even easier to hate them than the Lamecocks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, crazy as that sounds, but no

Dec 22, 2017, 9:03 AM

I'd love to get a regular schedule with them...like maybe a home and home every 8-10 years or so. It should certainly be more than 8 times in 30+ years and not another game scheduled as far as the eye can see. And I'd much rather play them than all these times that we've played Auburn.

But playing Georgia for supremacy of that region doesn't do us as much good as playing a more regional/national rotation. We have a solid brand in Georgia and get a great deal of talent from there. But unless it becomes a perennial top 10 matchup, it won't have the national flair. And we've proven that we are recruiting more broadly now. We want to expand our brand and thats inter-regional games. Play Penn St home/home. Play ND more. Play Texas A&M/Tennessee/LSU etc. We don't need to go west of the Mississippi and make the same mistake that UGA did 10 years ago. But we should have a presence close to just about everywhere on the East Coast through near Texas.

Long post summed up....Unless that Clemson/UGA game was the season opener like it was the last 2 times, I think it would just get lost nationally as just another local ACC/SEC game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic