Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: As the Big Ten mess escalates, there is still hope in Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

TNET: As the Big Ten mess escalates, there is still hope in Clemson

Aug 24, 2020, 8:01 AM

As the Big Ten mess escalates, there is still hope in Clemson

The closer we get to kickoff, the more hopeful I get. And thankful that Clemson isn’t in the Big Ten. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: As the Big Ten mess escalates, there is still hope in Clemson

Aug 24, 2020, 8:37 AM

:)

Are students back in campus?

Aug 24, 2020, 8:42 AM

I thought students weren't coming back for another couple of weeks. Maybe I was wrong about that.

Re: Are students back in campus?

Aug 24, 2020, 8:52 AM

Dorms don't open until Sept 11 (tell me that's not an ominous start date!), however, most off campus rental contracts began Aug 1 so you have probably have at least half the undergraduate population in Clemson already. My son is co-oping in ATL but went back last weekend and said the place is packed with students.

Aug 24, 2020, 9:33 AM

OK, thanks. Me nephew will be a freshman and I thought he was slated to go back in Sept., but have not spoken with my sister in several weeks. This makes sense.

Aug 24, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Are students back in campus? ]

Yes classes started all online - students back in full in a couple of weeks. No problem in being optimistic - just don't get your hopes up too high. As ACC schools send students home or change class format (including us having already backed off once by starting online) one by one, it is going to take LOT or resolve to continue with sports. The decision is not about what will happen to the players in the next couple of months. That would be an easy decision. I don't think anyone thinks that playing will add a lot of cases IN ADDITION to those you will see over the fall no matter what we do. Its the equity and longterm issues (aka liability) that are driving the ship - not whether a play will get COVID. People keep missing the point on that when they quote the low number of younger people who have serious immediate problems - that is irrelevant.
Hopeful - yes absolutely but that has nothing to do with with being optimistic or realistic. I don't believe there is anyone on here who doesn't HOPE there will be a season but we differ in our thinking about whether is will happen or not.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're not on campus, but there's a whole passel of 'em

Aug 24, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Are students back in campus? ]

back in town, luckily for the poor business owners in town. Traffic back to crazy levels.

No***

Aug 24, 2020, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Are students back in campus? ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is it already too late for the B1G? Even if they reverse

Aug 24, 2020, 9:12 AM

the decision, at this point is there enough time before the games to practice, tickets, organize everything etc?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

but they are safe

Aug 24, 2020, 9:37 AM

from the wuflu

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: but they are safe

Aug 24, 2020, 2:33 PM

No one is safe from COVID 19 unless they are hermits and had all the food they need for months. With proper behaviour we can mitigate the danger of COVID 19. Wear a mask in public, wash your hands if you touch something in public place, maintain social distance as much as possible.

South Carolina approved protocol for football games is 20,000 people in the stadium, which likely includes players and staff.

That's right. Still remember people on here debating mask

Aug 24, 2020, 2:54 PM

wearing and mask-debating. Although I love to mask-debate, I don't enjoying doing it in public. ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The left coast speaks

Aug 24, 2020, 5:16 PM

There is no true data supporting your mask theory but it does make a lot of people feel good, which i guess is the point.

Distance and washing hands have logical purposes but the mask theory is really weak.

But enjoy - at least at makes some folks think of themselves as super smart.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The left coast speaks

Aug 24, 2020, 5:19 PM

sbrooks® said:

There is no true data supporting your mask theory

Silly elitists, always listening to the advice of people in the medical profession.

Re: The left coast speaks

Aug 25, 2020, 7:50 AM

Nice try. Still have no data to support your position but just do exactly what you’re told by anyone who claims to be an expert.
To be clear, my wife is an intensive care nurse, my cousin has a high position in the CDC and my neighbor is a medical scientist so I guess your theory doesn’t pan out all the time.
I do hope you wear your safety mask all the time so you can sleep better and be able to point your finger at those who don’t. Your life will be fulfilled.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2020, 11:33 AM

Spot on in virtually every way, excellent write up.

Aug 24, 2020, 11:47 AM

I know that it's going to be an impossible task to get young people to just go along with the protocall and wear a mask anytime they're in site of another person, and to practice social distancing. They are still kids trying to become young adults, we've all been there and done that, and we all know about the brain farts that come with the transition of growing up and seeing the seriousness of growing up, and actually being a responsible adult. Heck, even full grown adults still have problems of being responsible, and most expect kids making that transition to get it right at the tender age of 18, 19, 20, and 21 years old, well it's not going to happen!!!

I don't know what is going to be an unacceptable outbreak number, but there will be brain farts, and a player or a coach will chance going to go against the grain, and not properly protect themselves, and bring covid-19 back into the environment of players and coaches, and the wheels will come off and destroy anything that resembles team sports!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2020, 1:11 PM

I agree that it is a long shot to think 18-22 yr olds will perfectly follow protocol. I do however think the Big10’s decision to cancel helps the ultimate reality of an ACC, SEC season stay alive. It emphasizes the precarious potential of a no-season and should encourage players in ACC and SEC to adhere to protocols more strictly, knowing there is a potential ‘or else’ consequence if they don not. Im not too concerned about the Clemsons and Alabamas of the world, but am concerned about how the less disciplined teams in the league (FSU’s and UofSC’s) progress through a season if their wildcard players act irresponsibly off the field.

Shocking the B1G thinks they’re the center of the CFB

Aug 24, 2020, 1:45 PM

Universe.

Not shocking at all actually. They’ve been left in the dust but still beat their chest every year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But wait Jim Harbaugh coaches in the Big10.

Aug 24, 2020, 2:56 PM

That makes them great right?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Between Harbaugh and Ryan day.. we get some major

Aug 24, 2020, 3:24 PM

Laughs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big elephant in the room, were the students wearing

Aug 24, 2020, 4:01 PM

masks and being somewhat socially distant?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Big elephant in the room, were the students wearing

Aug 24, 2020, 4:38 PM

We are ok as long as the football team stays away from the party animals!

Aug 24, 2020, 6:22 PM

So classes are not being held in person but there were still enough ignorant people at TD's Friday night for it to be closed and fined. Kids do not care period and I have less hope for football than 10 days ago..

As the Big 10 behaves responsibly, there is still stupidity in Clemson.

Aug 24, 2020, 8:52 PM

There...fixed it for you. A lot of spelling errors in your original headline. Perhaps a trip back to (or maybe it'll be your initial trip) to J-school is in order.

Glad I could be of service. No need to thank me.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic