Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Hunter Renfrow: They hit us in the mouth and we didn't get back up and challenge them
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Hunter Renfrow: They hit us in the mouth and we didn't get back up and challenge them

Jan 2, 2018, 2:11 AM

Hunter Renfrow: They hit us in the mouth and we didn't get back up and challenge them

Clemson got punched in the mouth and then knocked down by Alabama in Monday night’s Sugar Bowl. The fact that the Tigers didn’t get up and punch back is unacceptable to Hunter Renfrow, who said he and his teammates didn’t enter the game in the right frame of mind. Photo by Derick E. Hingle / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said something 'bout "pick me up!" lol ***

Jan 2, 2018, 2:22 AM

d

Re: New Story: Hunter Renfrow: They hit us in the mouth and we didn't get back up and challenge them

Jan 2, 2018, 2:30 AM

You know sometimes it takes a big fall to know you have fallen. This team will rebound and meet Alabama again, this time with a better outlook. Clemson, you did what you could, but next trip, have fun after the game has been won! Too much fun is never good before an important task, work first, have fun later! You have to play with a purpose. Alabama is a good team, but I think GA will win this one!Bama had not right in the playoffs. Stay Positive Tigers, prepare for Bama next year, let's be 15-0 in 2018-2019!!!!

Re: New Story: Hunter Renfrow: They hit us in the mouth and we didn't get back up and challenge them

Jan 2, 2018, 12:27 PM

Clemson had a great season & should take many positives from the season. They’ll right in the mix next year as well.
Did Clemson have too much fun leading up to the game or something? I haven’t heard of any trouble ..
GA & Bama will come down to GA’s QB. Georgia looks very talented & explosive but I’m going to roll with Bama (they’ll need to keep the score out of the 30’s.

“Bama had not right in the playoffs.”
BAMA proved they have every right to be in the playoffs.

Message was edited by: mfh22

Jan 2, 2018, 6:17 AM

Yes they did and took our lunch money!!!!

Jan 2, 2018, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Hunter Renfrow: They hit us in the mouth and we didn't get back up and challenge them ]

Well said. One game does not make a season. Take the accomplishments and build on them. Take the failures and learn from them. I am so proud to be a Clemson Tiger fan. Go Tigers!

Jan 2, 2018, 6:37 AM

I just wanted to say Clemson had a heck of a year, especially impressive considering how much they lost to the NFL on the offensive side of the ball...They went 2-1 vs the SEC (beat Auburn & South Carolina), won the Atlantic division, won the state championship, and won the ACC title...pretty amazing year imo:)

In this game against Bama, I saw it as a defensive struggle/field position gaem(Bama only had like 250 total yards) which likely wouldve come down to a field goal in the end if Clemson didn't have the huge turnovers...I dont think Clemson ends up with the huge turnovers if they utilize their running backs more to slow down the defense and take heat off the QB...The RB's got the ball very few times, but actually averaged about 4 yds a carry as a group, which is enough to move the chains...Kelly Bryant is a good runner, but hes not a RB, & imo Clemson needed to hammer away some with the RB's, but as it was, the Bama defense basically got to play kill Kelly Bryant all night, and the offensive linemen were on their heels pass blocking way too often, which is a recipe for disaster against an attacking defense of Bamas caliber...I think Clemsons defense mightve outshined Bamas defense in the end if Clemson took some heat off Bryant with the running backs, but as it was the Bama defense made the most of their opportunities and made the 2 biggest plays of the game...hats off to Bama for making the biggest plays of the game and managing field position really well in this defensive struggle...

Jan 2, 2018, 7:23 AM

Considering field position and time of possession, our defense played a good game. the offense didn't show up. Don't know if it was play calling or what. Dabo was certainly in Streeter's ear. We can't depend on KB to be the only ball carrier, and TE needs to learn to pass block. 14 points were on the offense. None of our OL looked NFL ready and Cain can't be our only receiver. They diid a good job of taking Renfroe out of the game. Congrats to Alabama, they whipped us. Go Dawgs!
Spring Practice should be interesting, ESp. at QB..Kelley did the best he could all year. No knock on him.

Jan 2, 2018, 11:33 AM

Is it just me but since streeter's arrival the qb's have regressed including watson. Kelly bryant is a awful passer and it can't be cleared up in 9 months. I think the world of him but i dont think he is a national tite type qb.

Disagree. DW all-time great. KB avg skills but did his best***

Jan 3, 2018, 12:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Hunter Renfrow: They hit us in the mouth and we didn't get back up and challenge them ]

People are going to talk about how much we missed Deshaun, but in reality? We missed Wayne Gallman more. Etienne failed miserably in blitz pickup, and Kelly Bryant paid the price.

Field position was huge, but blocking (or not blocking) the Bama front was the biggest difference in the game.

Our defense played well enough to keep us in the game, and by all rights should have been 10-6 (without the 2 INTs).

We will be back.

Jan 3, 2018, 8:53 AM

ETN barely played in the first half and got hurt on a huge block to spring Kelly on our first big play. ETN missed 2 or 3 blocks in the second half. That is it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 9:53 AM

I knew it was over on the first series. Long 3rd down, everyone in the stadium knew it was going to Hunter and he got sandwiched before the ball arrived; no call. Alabama was going to get every call, every break and to their credit, took advantage of each.

Jan 2, 2018, 12:17 PM

Poor offense execution for sure. Needed them to get mad and push Bama around but they didn't. Best as the standard was forgotten. On to next year.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2018, 12:28 PM

I think our quarterback and some others on the offense were in Syracuse

Jan 2, 2018, 12:30 PM

OL didn't show up. Simple as that. If they had, the skill guys would've had a more productive time of it. The D played well enough to win. I'm disappointed but I know what's coming, so on to spring practice.

Interesting to see HR concede soft play & no leadership

Jan 3, 2018, 12:27 AM

Without DW to lead and bolster team, Tigers were no match for current Bama team who was inferior to last year's Bama team. Just a fact but surprised to see it acknowledged by player.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bottom line

Jan 3, 2018, 8:50 AM

O-line needed more fire and Kelly needed to get them in the proper protections.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is just talking about O, as D held them to 261 yds.***

Jan 3, 2018, 12:49 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic