Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Teams has become like texting now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

Teams has become like texting now

Mar 24, 2021, 2:34 PM

no one wants to call anyone, they just want to teams chat.....and I hate to say this, but especially these freaking god forsaken millenials. If I say, "just call me", that doesn't mean to keep on sending me 400 messages. It means to pick up the phone and call me or heck I am fine with the Team call.

Seems like the younger group 25-35 are the culprit 99% of the time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey salesman

Mar 24, 2021, 2:37 PM

SHUT UP.

People don't like having phone calls because there is no paper trail. When you tell me something you want changed and then later come back and tell me you didn't say that, with a chat or email I can easily pull up the convo and put that hard evidence right up your rectum.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^This

Mar 24, 2021, 2:40 PM

I only call someone if they report to me or I report to them.

I can understand that.....but, that isnt the

Mar 24, 2021, 2:42 PM [ in reply to Hey salesman ]

case cause 90% of the time we have to do so much in advance and there are papertrails for months.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What ####### good does that do?

Mar 24, 2021, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Hey salesman ]

It’s less efficient and solves nothing.

When people consistently change their minds, it's the most

Mar 24, 2021, 3:20 PM

important thing to have. Without hard evidence or a contract or whatever, it's meaningless. People throw out #### all the time but until its on record, it won't stick.

Yep. I've got some customers I won't even talk to on the

Mar 24, 2021, 3:27 PM

phone, always make them put everything in writing. I aint got time for your games.

pRe:ach!***

Mar 24, 2021, 3:30 PM

Hole up. My assumption is we are talking about internal

Mar 24, 2021, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Yep. I've got some customers I won't even talk to on the ]

meetings. Why would anyone give a customer an open invite to ping them on Teams?

For internal stuff, everyone should be working towards a common goal. Can't understand creating a digital paper trail for GOTCHYA type stuff.

Well, true. I don't communicate with customers on teams. I'm

Mar 24, 2021, 4:07 PM

just saying some folks need to put that shiz in writing.

if people I work with are that skeptical of my integrity

Mar 24, 2021, 3:41 PM [ in reply to When people consistently change their minds, it's the most ]

then there are a lot of other issues. I always put sensitive or more important things in writing, but we can hash out how to start the meeting tomorrow over the phone.

At every company, there are what is know as "doers"

Mar 24, 2021, 3:46 PM

the people that take your idears and words and make it work. You go sell the ####. Great! But we gotta figure out how to get the order in the system, get the right price, right shipping, oops, they want a custom label, OK. Oh you need to add a special price to that now and more units, no problem. This promotion is good for how long now? Who gets commission for this, do you know how commission is even calculated (of course you do you're a salesman)...but do you know what it takes for a computer to calculate it or how to program any of this.

It has to be in writing, otherwise there's no way anyone can remember what 5K customers ordered from our 7K different parts with 30K different exceptions.

Hey, my shat isn't that complicated.

Mar 24, 2021, 4:01 PM

Nobody needs a paper trail to figure out a couple versions of tacos. Make the GD things and do it right else redo it. At the end of the day we need to deliver to the customer what they order.

We can chat by phone and sort it out much quicker than two way messaging through teams.

And what if I'm not sitting in front of my computer? ANSWER THE PHONE SON.

you work/ed with some really bad

Mar 24, 2021, 4:05 PM [ in reply to At every company, there are what is know as "doers" ]

sales guys that should be on a used car lot

5K customers and 7K parts

Mar 24, 2021, 4:12 PM

the possibilities for prices are endless. Butt yes, they sit on their ### and let the sales reps do the work and then just ok anything coming through.

Never Follow Verbal Orders.

Mar 24, 2021, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Hey salesman ]

Even if whomever you're working with gives you direction in a phone call - follow it up with an email back. "Just so I'm clear and understand, this is what you want ... "

It's all about CYA and sometimes you have to do it yourself, don't count on the other guy to do it for you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_majors_champ.jpg2008_nascar_champ.gif2015_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we drink, we get drunk.
When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

I hate a phone call. I don't want that #### headset on

Mar 24, 2021, 2:40 PM

and back when I had a normal phone I was limited on what I could do anyway. It also makes it really had to hide how pissed off I am at the person for making me be on a phone call.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Teams has become like texting now

Mar 24, 2021, 3:17 PM

Dude.,..you wanted to attack the capitol. The fact that anyone you gives you a TU or respects anything about you is pathetic. It's hard to believe you can even ever have any support with your values. I guess it shows who some peeps are.

Woah

Mar 24, 2021, 3:19 PM

Way to bring the P&R into the Jounge.

I don't swim in your terlit, so don't pee in my pool.

He's pizsed at the world

Mar 24, 2021, 3:20 PM

ignore it....

OR mock him unmercifully for taking a

perfectly good jolly funtimes rant into that ########.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's pizsed at the world

Mar 24, 2021, 3:29 PM [ in reply to He's pizsed at the world ]

I love the world. The world is great. My life is awesome. I just go racist bigoted scumbags who send me tmails wanting to fight. Yeah, i don't like that shockingly. The real question is...why are you so hateful to the human race? By the way? Why still the fake pic of yourself? You're so old and yet you want to to put that fake pic on. Just be yourself.

Wait people are putting fake pigs of themselves as avatars?

Mar 24, 2021, 3:31 PM

I thought they were supposed to be real??? ####, now everyone knows what I look like.

i'm a cartoon tiger.

Mar 24, 2021, 3:35 PM

there. I said it.

Do you have any Regrets? I cannot tell.***

Mar 24, 2021, 4:00 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nary a regret to be had

Mar 24, 2021, 4:05 PM

in the past 15 minutes

Re: Wait people are putting fake pigs of themselves as avatars?

Mar 24, 2021, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Wait people are putting fake pigs of themselves as avatars? ]

yep...Bengaline is.

Re: Woah

Mar 24, 2021, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Woah ]

I will bring it wherever I want,and I do respect your opinion, but anyone who wants to attack our capitol should be marginalized wherever possible imo. He is a clown.

Carlsbad, this seems unnecessarily aggressive.

Mar 24, 2021, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Teams has become like texting now ]

And petty. Calm yourself.

we're making a company-wide switch to Teams / MS 365

Mar 24, 2021, 3:22 PM

(coming from IBM Notes, so I'm thrilled, and i know generally nothing about Teams)

they're rolling it out kinda slowly, and a select few people have already transitioned (lol)...I don't until April 5....but now I'm getting EMAILS that people are trying to contacts me over Teams...sorry, can't do anything about that til 4/5

You can do funny shizz

Mar 24, 2021, 3:24 PM

like putting on Emu faces....

Yes, the ability to gif has changed how I business***

Mar 24, 2021, 3:25 PM

I has a sad that I can't

put "cumfart" in the searchbox and nothing good comes up

like, a web based gif search (like phone apps?)

Mar 24, 2021, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Yes, the ability to gif has changed how I business*** ]

or u need your own gif 'library' like Notes do

(i don't yet know to what extent we'll have mobile access, tho it seems likely)

It's connected to GIPHY or some similar library.

Mar 24, 2021, 3:32 PM

You don't have to have your own

To be honest, Greenr hasn't figured out GIFs in TEAMS yet

Mar 24, 2021, 3:59 PM

and doesn't want to embarrass himself anymore trying.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be honest, Greenr hasn't figured out GIFs in TEAMS yet

Mar 24, 2021, 4:01 PM

Below the message compose field, there's an icon that says "GIF"

If you don't see it, your'e either:

1) a cuckfag with butt aids
2) your IT department has it disabled

Hey man, either that is new or I am a cuckfag with buttaids

Mar 24, 2021, 4:05 PM

cause I swear it wasn't there this past summer when I was actively using TEAMS more.

I still use Skype and will hang on to it until they remove it from my cold dead hands.

It's alright fam, I got you

Mar 24, 2021, 4:06 PM [ in reply to To be honest, Greenr hasn't figured out GIFs in TEAMS yet ]
teams gif.png(47.2 K)

Made some ad hoc work instructions for you. Check out the MS paint instrucshuns.

After you find the gif you want just click that sumbitch.

"two dudes kissing" mml everytime***

Mar 24, 2021, 4:12 PM

super worried about the chat I was in, and me accidentally

Mar 24, 2021, 4:15 PM

hitting enter for some reason. Then again that chat had so many cuss words in it that's the least of my concerns. We were debating on what naming convention to use for some files to be uploaded. Possible choices were

-butthole.repcode.fuk
-Goatse.repcode
-yourmom.repcode

wow...butthole.repcode.fuk and goatse.repcode***

Mar 24, 2021, 4:16 PM

First of all, use

Mar 24, 2021, 4:18 PM [ in reply to super worried about the chat I was in, and me accidentally ]

PascalCaseToNameYourFiles

Do you not like to read things?

We do use it. Ended up going with SalesRepCode

Mar 24, 2021, 4:21 PM

####### gay. Goat-C should have been the winner. ####### reps woudla been like what's a goat-c.

Other suggestion was GrabAnklesRepCode. pronouced Gra-bank-less.

y'ever accidentally type in your gif search query into the

Mar 24, 2021, 4:19 PM [ in reply to super worried about the chat I was in, and me accidentally ]

message field and hit enter?

yeah..me neider

Look, it's a double edged sword. Be careful when using

Mar 24, 2021, 4:22 PM

just like with a double edged deal dough.

Calls are a waste of time.***

Mar 24, 2021, 3:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a back an forth conversation takes hours instead of minutes***

Mar 24, 2021, 3:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow, my experience is just the opposite... a quick call will

Mar 24, 2021, 7:45 PM

eliminate hours of back and forth emails, as people forward and CC a half dozen other people in, and all they do is complicate the process... they all feel the need to chime in and just muddy the water further...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

F*ck a phone call for THREE reasons

Mar 24, 2021, 3:57 PM

One. If you call me with instructions on a bunch of crap for me to do, I am furiously scribbling notes trying to get everything written down so I can take care of everything. Sometimes things get lost. Emails are easier for this.

Two. If I call the guy under me and ask him to do something, he aint going to do it right. It happens every time. If I email him a list of what I need done, with screenshots, etc, he still isn't going to do it right, BUT I can forward him the previous email I sent him to remind him of how incompetent he is and be passive aggressive as hell.

Three. I want what you tell me to be in writing so when you change your mind on Tuesday 30 minutes before meeting with the client, I have a paper trail of what you told me and I don't have to fall on the sword for your last minute whims. I worked with a guy at the City that returned emails with phone calls so that nothing was ever in writing. He was shady like that so he could deny it to his department head later.

This really only pertains to certain people though, calls work for most others. That paper trail is REALLY nice though sometimes.

Amen.

Mar 24, 2021, 4:19 PM

If you send an email to someone and they come over to your desk to reply verbally, do not trust that MFer.

You might even go so far as to follow his email with his own verbal instructions to capture what he said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic