Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Need help understanding
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Need help understanding

Mar 9, 2020, 8:46 PM

Can someone please explain how Trumps proposed payroll tax cut is gonna help with the issue at hand? Just not seeing how it will help those under quarantine, not traveling by air/ ship, canceled events and as a huge bonus stresses an already underfunded SS/ Medicare system. This is akin to a blind monkey chucking darts at suggestions on the wall.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need help understanding

Mar 9, 2020, 8:54 PM

I’ll explain it, just as soon as

Mar 9, 2020, 11:04 PM

You tell me who you really are. I have a couple theories but it’d be easier if you just told me. Whatta you say?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It gives the working class a little extra money to spend.

Mar 9, 2020, 11:37 PM

It delights a man to get an unexpected raise and makes him able to spend a little more on luxuries for his family.

Disclaimer: No offense to working women who enjoy the same luxury. I had no intent of dismissing your contributions to the family or our economy. It's just so easy to say 'man,' rather than 'working class Americans.'

But yo know this, maaaan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It gives the working class a little extra money to spend.

Mar 10, 2020, 7:03 AM

Does nothing to help stop a viral outbreak and SS/ Medicare is broke, other than those things it’s a wonderful idea . If you are a fan of decisions made by a blind monkey chucking darts at Post’ems on the wall I guess it works.

I also don't really get it.

Mar 10, 2020, 6:09 AM

The first question, to me, is, what problem are they trying to solve by doing this? And then, does this address that problem? Maybe if someone helped me with the first question, I could figure out the second.

Re: I also don't really get it.

Mar 10, 2020, 6:57 AM

My thoughts exactly. How does it help stop a viral outbreak by defunding programs that are broke.

Obama did the same thing.***

Mar 10, 2020, 12:20 PM

I'm always a fan of tax cuts.

Mar 10, 2020, 10:39 AM

I know, I know, what about the children..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

F'em.

Mar 10, 2020, 12:59 PM

Coronavirus gonna kill us all anyway, amiright?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need help understanding

Mar 10, 2020, 11:13 AM

Tourism industries already beginning to feel it. Others will follow if people panic. A complete quarantine of just one large US city will ripple through the economy. With a disproportionate number of Americans just one missed paycheck away from financial hardship, there has to be an economic component included in the governments response.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic