Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ND game depth chart
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

ND game depth chart

Dec 14, 2020, 7:05 PM

So, looking over the depth charts for the championship game (all coots just got very jealous, since they never play in those), I came up with these tidbits:
Number of players that are underclassmen (freshmen or sophomore)

Clemson offense, 16 with three starters
ND offense, 13 with 2 starters

Clemson Defense, 23 with 7 starters
ND Defense, 14 with 2 starters

It has been like this with just about every game for the last several years! This is what leads to the kind of teams we have been having the decade or so.

It also has to be very demoralizing to other teams to know that we keep reloading, so the next year it will be the same!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ND game depth chart

Dec 14, 2020, 7:34 PM

This is how ND has to win. Strong offensive lines, developed upper class, and disciplined play. It’s produced two undefeated regular seasons and 6 total losses in the last (almost) four seasons. Zero losses to teams outside of the top 20. Only Bama can say that other part with us.

Clemson, Ohio State, and Alabama are going to be loaded with more talent, including players that can leave early for the NFL. Just a matter of how it rolls. Whether ND can actually beat one of those teams at full strength (or in a miracle, all three of them) is yet to be seen, but this is how we would have to do it. I do like that Clemson is becoming an ally/healthy rivalry for Notre Dame. It can only push us to get better. It’s like playing USC with Pete Carroll, except we have a more disciplined team now than Weis did.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic