Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA moving ACC title game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 56
| visibility 1

NCAA moving ACC title game?

Sep 12, 2016, 7:30 PM

Brett McMurphy from ESPN just tweeted NCAA is moving all previously awarded championships. I guess due to the bathroom law. Wondering if that impacts the ACC championship. If so where would they move it to?

https://twitter.com/mcmurphyespn/status/775471344091795457

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA moving ACC title game?

Sep 12, 2016, 7:36 PM

good, you know I can't think of a more pressing issue than this for us to worry about.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2016, 8:53 PM

I worry because I have 8 tickets to the ACC championship game for my whole family. Some of that family would not be able to afford any significant travel. Impacts me quite a bit if they decide to relocate it further from Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No need to fear.

Sep 13, 2016, 3:06 AM

This pertains to NCAA championship events, not ACC events. While the ACC might in the future decide to move its events out of N.C., there will be no move for any championship events scheduled for the 2016-17 academic year (this according to the Charlotte Observer). So the football ACC Championship Game in Charlotte is safe for now.

Re: No need to fear.

Sep 13, 2016, 6:44 AM

Thanks for the info! I figured it might trickle down to all events.

Sep 13, 2016, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: NCAA moving ACC title game? ]

What is happening to our country?

at least you had sense enough to sense the sarcasm

Sep 13, 2016, 8:43 AM

You just about have to put an Emoji on every post to keep a pulse alive

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As of now, it's not listed:
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/ncaa-relocate-championships-north-carolina-2016-17

Lawd

Sep 12, 2016, 7:44 PM

You guys do know that some people bought tickets pre-season, and it moving alone (not counting whether the team makes it or not) could impact a ton....including ability to re-sell. It's a valid concern for any ticket holders.

####...I mean love...wins again.***

Sep 12, 2016, 7:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

if one abnormal person doesn't have xiz or zer feelings hurt

Sep 12, 2016, 8:06 PM

it's worth it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

NCAA has no say in where any ACC championships are played

Sep 12, 2016, 7:49 PM

Those are all NCAA sponsored championships/tournaments.

Sep 12, 2016, 7:57 PM

Serves them right two faced ########.
Swofford is the real no leader. He has no balls. But he sure did ban our state of championship games because of the confederate flag. Screw them all in NC.

doesnt impact ACC football championsjip

Sep 12, 2016, 7:59 PM

Nc will lose some basketball tourney games(ha, ha). Women's soccer, other Olympic sports

Sep 12, 2016, 8:03 PM

The ACC is owned by tobacco road in North Carolina and can tell the the PC pandering NCAA to get bent when it comes to internal conference game locations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC is in A Pickle

Sep 12, 2016, 8:08 PM

The conference is no longer state of North Carolina-centric with the added northern schools.

Just remember the ACC Baseball Tournament was headed to Myrtle Beach after the Confederate Flag came down from the Dome and the ACC backed out over an objection from Te NAACP.

Swoffy on The Hot Seat!!!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

because this is much worse than not going to class

Sep 12, 2016, 8:13 PM

i think their priorities are a bit twisted

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: because this is much worse than not going to class

Sep 12, 2016, 8:23 PM

Never thought I would see so much concern over where you pee pee / do do **** I have found out as a senior citizen (AKA Ol' Cogger** ) If I got to go, I'm gona' go as quick as I can ,anywhere I can**

NCAA has the authority to move championship

Sep 12, 2016, 8:20 PM

games but has no control over UNCheat and their non classes. However, they set the minimum academic standards in order to play D1 football, otherwise you go JUCO.

Would to be the attorney representing the schools that are challenging UNCheat and the NCAA.

vintage liberal morons..

Sep 12, 2016, 8:47 PM

angry because men cant use the womens restroom..i swear they are mental

Re: vintage liberal morons..

Sep 12, 2016, 10:44 PM

Exactly.

No, angry because . . .

Sep 13, 2016, 1:36 AM [ in reply to vintage liberal morons.. ]

the state of North Carolina moved to strip LGBT people of all legal protections (by preempting all county/municipal ordinances that established sexual orientation as a protected class) under the false pretext of "bathroom safety". In other words, this law expressly declares it legal to discriminate against gay people; & prohibits any city or county from making it illegal. It overturned the recently passed anti-discrimination law in Charlotte, as well as the anti-discrimination laws in Asheville, Greensboro, Durham, Chapel Hill, Carrboro & a few other cities. This N.C. law cited a (non-existent) boogeyman - a pervert dressing up as a woman to assault children in public restrooms - to conceal its real intent as a broad counter-attack against LGBT rights in the aftermath of the Supreme Court legalizing same-sex marriage nationwide.

No, actually angry because under false prentense

Sep 13, 2016, 6:29 AM

the Charlottte LGBT ran up a sex offender as a president to their chapter to ramrod this through the back door (pun intended) the representative government and constituents of NC spoke up and passed a law to stop it.

http://sexoffender.ncsbi.gov/details.aspx?SRN=008345S1

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article64943682.html

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hardly, anyone supporting this piece of nonsense bill..

Sep 13, 2016, 7:48 AM [ in reply to vintage liberal morons.. ]

has obviously not read this piece of moronic stupidity. I don't believe that the NC Legislature read it before passing it. It accomplishes exactly the OPPOSITE of what you believe. It states "gender on your BIRTH CERTIFICATE" which means that any MALE who has had a sex change from FEMALE must, by law, use the WOMEN'S REST ROOM. In short it is legally putting men in the ladies' room, not keeping them out. And the defense that they are using is patently hypocritical. To suggest that the Federal government is overriding the will of elected officials by forcing them to adopt a ruling that they oppose is exactly thhe same thing that they are doing to Charlotte, Asheville, Durham. and other cities elected officials.

pc crying is why someone like trump rose up***

Sep 12, 2016, 8:49 PM

The sole reason Trump rose up

Sep 13, 2016, 1:49 AM

. . . is that he appealed directly to white people's anger & prejudices rather than obliquely as most other Republicans were always wont to do. Rather than blowing it thru the dog whistle he rang it over the dinner bell, & all the rubes went flocking to him. He's the most unqualified & unfit person ever nominated for president by a major political party, a wannabee dictator, an embarrassment & disgrace to our country.

Re: The sole reason Trump rose up

Sep 13, 2016, 7:02 AM

^^^^Posters that still believe the lies that flow continuously from Hillary's mouth. Sad, but true. If only liberals could learn to think for themselves instead of listening to their Pied Piper.

Sep 13, 2016, 7:13 AM [ in reply to The sole reason Trump rose up ]

so, you like where our country is right now huh. please tell us what your boy barry has done for this country. please.

Obama is not a great President..

Sep 13, 2016, 7:32 AM

but I like him SO MUCH better than the disaster that proceeded him. That was far and away the WORST President of my 60+ years on this earth. And I'm happy to see businesses hiring instead of laying workers. I like him because my brother(an Army helicopter pilot) had his fourth trip to the Middle East cancelled because of downsizing our commitment. I love him because I am paying less than $2 for a gallon of gas instead of almost $5, not because of a shortage but because of Bush's ties to big oil and the Saudi's and allowing them obscene profits off the American public. And speaking of the Saudi's, I like Obama because he is not allowing them to dictate our Middle East policy after their citizens attacked us on 9/11. I think Obama may be judged by history as a better President than he was because of how terrible his predecessor.

Re: Obama is not a great President..

Sep 13, 2016, 7:36 AM

I hate him because he has divided this country more than any previous president, he instituted a health care bill that will make me pay $1500 a month, so worthless ### people can sit on their lazy ##### and get health care free. People need to get off their ##### and go to work. period

You have your for-profit insurance company to blame for that

Sep 13, 2016, 7:46 AM

not the ACA. Your insurance provider has been taking you behind the woodshed for years. Now they have found a way (excuse) to hit you harder.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You have your for-profit insurance company to blame for that

Sep 13, 2016, 7:49 AM

wrong again mental midget. My insurance premium was $400 beforer the ACA. How does that translate, Einstein?

I'm certain both of the numbers you stated were exaggerated

Sep 13, 2016, 8:04 AM

but, nonetheless, it is still your for-profit insurance provider's fault.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm certain you are

Sep 13, 2016, 8:50 AM

asn idiot if you believe that muslim has done a good job as our president. PERIOD. and yes, the numbers I gave you are correct. I could give a rat's ### if you don't believe it.People needs to get off their ##### and go to work to support their families, rather than sit and get a check from the government, while doing drugs.

Sep 13, 2016, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Obama is not a great President.. ]

Although I have a different view on Obamacare. My wife is a HR person who specializes in insurance for a company with many low paid employees and came home with horror stories before ACA about employees having to allow their parents on Medicare and Medicaid to adopt their children to get them insurance, and part of the problem in SC is the GOP refusing to adopt the full ACA to help control costs, I agree that it is majorly flawed. However my question is, how has Obama divided this country more than any other President?

Sep 13, 2016, 8:08 AM

WOW, JUST WOW.

Sep 13, 2016, 7:43 AM [ in reply to Obama is not a great President.. ]

You think Obama has anything to do with oil being 2$ a gallon? Seriously?

Sep 13, 2016, 7:57 AM

Yep! Not in the pocket of BIG OIL or the Saudis. There is a reason gas prices go down under Democrats and up under Republicans. It is called 70% of big oil political contributions going to the GOP. That actually was exceeded in the 2008 elections(after Bush allowed those obscene profits) and the GOP got 88%(source Fed Election Commission and Open Secrets). The fact is, that in the last two Presidential elections with Obama, the second place Republican finisher in the primaries got more oil company money than Obama.

Sep 13, 2016, 8:14 AM

Typical liberal spinning everything.

Obama had nothing to do with oil prices dropping, and Bush had very little to do with it as well. Maybe the Energy Policy Act of 2005 that passed during one of his terms; but even that just loosened laws on pollution entering the water from fracking(at that time for natural gas).

That bill allowed small private companies in the US to start removing domestic oil at a high price, but prices were high so they made a profit. It worked so well that we started to become more and more energy dependent while driving down the demand of foreign oil. The Saudis saw this as a threat and said ok we're not letting this happen so they took the gamble to keep the supply high and demand low(for foreign oil) and cause oil prices to plummet. They knew they had enough money to sustain low prices for a long enough time to drive the high cost to drill, small us oil companies out of business.
Get it? That started the drop, Saudi refusing to lower production. The reason it has stayed this long is much more complicated.

Here is an article from your own liberal news that breaks it down
http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/28/news/economy/obama-oil-boom/

Sep 13, 2016, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Obama is not a great President.. ]

IF IT WASNT FOR BARRY WE COULD BE OIL INDEPENDENT WITH ALL THE RESOURCES IN OUR OWN GROUND HE WILL NOT LET US GET.

Sep 13, 2016, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Obama is not a great President.. ]

On re-reading I wrote brother, that should be BROTHER-IN-LAW. He is the Army MedEvac pilot.

Ok . . . I'll take the bait.

Sep 13, 2016, 6:25 PM [ in reply to Re: The sole reason Trump rose up ]

Right now our country is doing better than just about every other country in the world. We have peace, a growing economy, relative prosperity, & functioning government (in spite of the best efforts of Tea Party Republicans). Under the leadership of President Obama and a Democratic Congress, the U.S. opted for expansionary policies & economic stimulus rather than the harsh austerity that was imposed on Europe, & the comparative results speak for themselves. Under Obama's presidency we've now had 77 consecutive months of private-sector job growth. Unemployment has fallen & remains below 5%. His administration's changes to overtime-pay rules have put more money into the pockets of many middle-income families. The automaker bailout saved GM & Chrysler (along with thousands of good-paying jobs) from bankruptcy & then was repaid in full. The Dodd-Frank law - which Republicans & Donald Trump have pledged to repeal - has succeeded in reining in the worst practices of the financial sector that led to economic collapse in 2007-08. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - which Republicans have fiercely opposed & pledged to abolish - has slapped fines on banks & credit-card lenders that defraud consumers. Unlike under the George W. Bush administration, FEMA is treated as a crucial agency with a critical mission, rather than a cushy reward for donors & cronies. (Every time there is a natural disaster, Republicans bloviate that this will be "Obama's Katrina"; but it never sticks because this president has competent emergency-management people working in his administration.

While President Obama took a while to come around on same-sex marriage, he has given crucial support to LGBT Americans when their rights have been threatened or revoked, as North Carolina Republicans have done there. He signed the law that repealed "don't ask don't tell", & there hasn't been a single issue with it among our armed forces. He has supported equal pay for equal work. His Justice Department has shone a harsh light on unconstitutional police practices in cities & counties across America. President Obama has also used his power of pardon to release people serving unjustly long prison sentences for non-violent offenses. His Justice Department has also taken a relatively hands-off approach to states that have chosen to legalize/tax/regulate marijuana; a stance at odds with 30+ years of drug war & zero-tolerance policies.

Under President Obama's leadership, the U.S. has played a crucial role in the global effort to reduce carbon emissions & cope with the effects of climate change. Our country is making steady progress toward energy independence. He has protected critical marine habitats from overexploitation & destruction, & enhanced protections for rivers, forests & wilderness lands.

In foreign affairs, President Obama has wound down our misguided, costly adventure in Iraq. He has bravely resisted the stampede to war that would have had us neck-deep in the Syrian civil war. His ground-breaking nuclear agreement with Iran holds the promise of reintegrating Iran into the world community while keeping the lid on regional nuclear proliferation. This agreement also holds the long-term potential to free us of our costly alliance/dependence on Saudi Arabia & all the toxic effects that it has produced over the years.

So yes, on balance I'd have to say that I like where our country is right now. Under Obama's presidency our country has changed so much for the better that it's hard to understand why so many people would want to go backwards.

Sep 13, 2016, 7:40 AM [ in reply to The sole reason Trump rose up ]

Actually he was edged out for that title by the candidate from the other major party. Sorry!

JOHNSON HAGOOD ! JOHNSON HAGOOD !

Sep 12, 2016, 8:56 PM

just once I would like to drive 5 minutes to , and 5 minutes from ...a Clemson football victory .

DB23

Sep 12, 2016, 9:08 PM

If they move it that is not good for us. We can make Charlotte a home game like last year but if they move it up north and or to Florida then we will not have that advantage.

This country has truly fallen.

Sep 12, 2016, 11:36 PM

Like Rome we (USA) are headed for destruction. Nowadays it's cool to dishonor the flag but not cool to expect men to use the men's room? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for anyone to have a place to go, perhaps a unisex single serve restrooms. But come on. We have must more serious causes that are being ignored.

Fallen? Because the NCAA decided to boycott N.C.?

Sep 13, 2016, 2:18 AM

Really? We have the largest economy in the world, the highest per-capita income of any large country, the most powerful & competent military in the world by far, the strongest protections in the world for freedom of speech & freedom of religion, the best colleges & universities in the world. We've come out of the global economic downturn better than just about every other country. We're making huge strides toward energy independence.

So how, precisely, have we "fallen"? How, precisely, are we headed for destruction "like Rome"? (The Roman/Byzantine Empire lasted 22 centuries!) Is Mexico going to invade & retake Texas? Is ISIS going to infiltrate the country by way of Syrian refugees in Canada & spread Ebola? Or maybe Trump's wall will save us all?

Perhaps its the demographic changes, or perhaps its the tolerance & rights for the gays that one just can't abide. Or perhaps one is spending too much time watching Fox News.

Re: Fallen? Because the NCAA decided to boycott N.C.?

Sep 13, 2016, 7:43 AM

You missed it.......global warming will get us all.

This will not impact the ACCCG in Charlotte.***

Sep 12, 2016, 11:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sep 13, 2016, 7:26 AM

Trannies psssh

No, the ACC champ game was not awarded by the NCAA.

Sep 13, 2016, 8:07 AM

Reading is fundamental.

Re: No, the ACC champ game was not awarded by the NCAA.

Sep 13, 2016, 8:55 AM

WHY SHOULD THE ACC NOT THEN TAKE AWAY THAT GAME.

It should be moved out of that redneck state and played in

Sep 13, 2016, 8:33 AM

It should be moved out of that redneck state and played in Clemson.

Play it in Willy B. Give them a chance to see some real

Sep 13, 2016, 9:34 AM

football there? Now, it only happens every other year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC shot themselves in the foot.

Sep 13, 2016, 6:29 PM

Backwards

North Carolina is a terrible poker player

Sep 13, 2016, 6:30 PM

NCAA holds all the cards, and they tried to call a bluff.

Replies: 56
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic