Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Natty trip in 28.5 hours!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Natty trip in 28.5 hours!

Jan 12, 2019, 12:48 AM
0107191429a.jpg(144.3 K)
0107191712j.jpg(146.9 K)

I don't know if anyone else was this crazy, but my husband and I got on a plane at 6:15 AM (EST) Monday morning in Raleigh, NC and headed to San Francisco. After a quick layover in Dulles, we were taking off at 8:15 AM and landed in San Fran at 11:25 AM (PST). Got our rental car and headed to Santa Clara and Levi's Stadium. We got to see the team leave for the stadium and enjoyed some of the Tailgate area around the stadium. In our seats by 4:30 PM and watched our Tigers win a National Championship in a big way! After the trophy presentation, we were headed back to the airport for a 12:50 AM (PST) flight that landed in Houston at 6:25 AM (CST). Another quick layover and we were on a 7:30 AM (CST) flight to Raleigh that touched down at 10:45 AM (EST).
28.5 hours from take-off in Raleigh to landing in Raleigh!

What an AWESOME day and so totally worth it! We agreed that this type of trip was now off of our bucket list and will leave that kind of crazy travel to younger travelers.

By 7:30 AM Wednesday morning, we both were back to our normal lives and wearing our Orange and Purple. I was loving the looks on peoples' faces when they would congratulate me on the Tiger win and I said that I was there to see it!

Thanks for reading such a long post.

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Natty trip in 28.5 hours!

Jan 12, 2019, 12:56 AM

That’s got to be tough on your body.
Point!’

We were there Sunday 8am - Tuesday 11pm.
Flew back to Charleston on the red eye.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 2:06 AM

Wow, a quick trip, but I am sure you feel it was totally worth it and you will have those memories forever. I was a Clemson student in 1981, and drove with friends, to Miami for the National Championship game. It is something I will never forget. Go Tigers!

Jan 12, 2019, 3:07 AM

If it makes you feel any better, most of us that just stayed home and watched it on TV stayed up for longer than you anyways because we couldn't go to sleep :)

Jan 12, 2019, 3:26 AM

Awesome!!!! We debated doing the same thing the last 48 hours before the game, but stayed home. I did Phoenix and Tampa two years ago, so I kind of had fulfilled the bucket list. I knew this one would be tough. Good for you! Memories for life!

Jan 12, 2019, 4:19 AM

Wow - what a trip!! Congratulations to you and your husband! Impressed that you were back on normal track Wednesday morning..., Think by that time I would have had a hard time remembering what day it was !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 12, 2019, 4:38 AM

I applaud the stamina you two had to have bc, I have been there and done that a few times in my life and I know first hand how those types of trips can tax your body and your mental state when you take on 28 solid hours without a solid sleep break. The excitement of the trip keeps going but, when it's over, the thoughts of everything you did and saw the past hours are going back through your head, and that makes it really hard to get the much needed rest and sleep that you know you need. Congrats to you both for making that memory together, those memories stay front and center for the rest of your your life!!! Go Tigers!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2019, 5:35 AM

How did you make the 1250am return flight if you saw the trophy presentation?

Never mind plenty of time pst......game started at 5....lol

Message was edited by: truetiger1998

Jan 12, 2019, 7:20 AM

What a memory!!! Thank you for going and being there!!!!

Glad the airlines cooperated with your plans!

Jan 12, 2019, 8:20 AM

That's a lot of faith in on time or only slightly delayed flights!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Glad the airlines cooperated with your plans!

Jan 12, 2019, 9:13 AM

That was absolutely key! I was so very thankful that it all went like clockwork!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be a killer tattoo. 28.5 inside a Tiger Paw

Jan 12, 2019, 8:35 AM

Ok maybe not on second thought. Point for you!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good work

Jan 12, 2019, 8:38 AM

My dad and I considered that same day thing

We opted for coming in on Sunday and catching that red eye from SFO at 12:30 to CHS.

Kind of enjoyed it being a “day trip”

Sounds like y’all had as much fun as we did

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic