Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Myles Murphy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Myles Murphy

Mar 24, 2019, 10:17 AM

Gets another CB to Clemson

Luke Stampini

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/Myles-Murphy-at-Hillgrove-195382/CurrentExpertPredictions/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Myles Murphy

Mar 24, 2019, 1:00 PM

Im becoming very confused on what happens if we get Bryan bresee, Murphy, AND Jordan Burch. In any other year that would excite me, but then you have to consider the players we currently have.

Xavier Thomas 5* Soph #3 overall player last year

Kj Henry 5* rs Fresh top 15 player last year

Justin Mascoll High ranking 4* rs Fresh Was the scout team defensive player of the year last year.

Thats 6 top ranked players for 2 positions. I think if Murphy comes someone or multiple someone's transfers and I really don't want to go through that like we did at QB last year. We lost 4 QBs over a summer and a half.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bresee will play DT

Mar 24, 2019, 1:01 PM

Recruiting sites already list him as DT

Re: Bresee will play DT

Mar 24, 2019, 1:09 PM

He has the size to but everything ive heard from him says that although he wants to move all over the line he still wants his main position to be DE. Even if he does you still have 5 players for 2 DE spots. I know Xavier Thomas probably leaves as a junior but if Foster starts over Kj. (I hope he doesn't) Then Kj will be a starter or a transfer that next year. Same with Mascoll potentially. If Murphy comes we may potentially have 3 of our top 5 DE transfer over the next 2 years.

Re: Bresee will play DT

Mar 24, 2019, 5:09 PM

Well the starters aren’t going to transfer, so if these guys start over KJ or Mascoll it’s because they are better. Either way I think you want them on the team.

Mar 24, 2019, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Myles Murphy ]

I can think of worse problems to have but I am sure the coaches has a plan for if we do somehow land all three of them. Not all of them will be to the level to be a day one college starter despite their high recruiting ranking. Plus we rotate players better than any other college program in the land so if they put in the work and deserve to be on the field, they will get their opportunities.

In the world of college football which is increasingly just seen as a springboard to nfl, players are becoming smarter and don’t see less plays overall as a bad thing. So I personally don’t see this as anything other than a postive. I’m sure the coaches are being as up front as possible with them all and judging from the momentum of them heading our way it looks to be working.

Mar 24, 2019, 3:09 PM

We literally just went through this problem last year at QB. We seem to so quickly forget having 4 players at the same position transfer in 1 summer. I would love to have ALL the 5 stars but I don't think its the best for long term success if you're seen as a school that players leave.

Mar 25, 2019, 9:22 PM

Negative Nancies

They all will work out to perfection

We’ve got the best coaches in football and they know what they’re doing

Mar 24, 2019, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Myles Murphy ]

QB position is a different animal where players do not need to rotate. D line is completely different. The better / deeper the rotation the fresher the guys are to perform at a high level when they get snaps.

They appreciate being spelled, saving their bodies and being fresh to rack up tackles etc.

It will not be an issue.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 5:25 PM

Maybe so...but I can't help but believe all of them plan on being college starters. So it worries me. WR's rotate every 2-3 plays so thats a different situation, but Defenses don't have the same luxuries because they don't control tempo...but bring em on I guess

Mar 24, 2019, 9:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Myles Murphy ]

Just throwing a random idea out there. What about moving KJ Henry to LB and make him this monster rush/run stopping MLB. Most of these guys could drop in to coverage for a short period of time. I would move them all over the field. I love when venables had Austin Bryant out on wr with the quick screens

Mar 24, 2019, 11:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Myles Murphy ]

brrntaylor said:

Im becoming very confused on what happens if we get Bryan bresee, Murphy, AND Jordan Burch. In any other year that would excite me, but then you have to consider the players we currently have.

Xavier Thomas 5* Soph #3 overall player last year

Kj Henry 5* rs Fresh top 15 player last year

Justin Mascoll High ranking 4* rs Fresh Was the scout team defensive player of the year last year.

Thats 6 top ranked players for 2 positions. I think if Murphy comes someone or multiple someone's transfers and I really don't want to go through that like we did at QB last year. We lost 4 QBs over a summer and a half.

Yes, we went through the issue last year of too much talent at one position. We had to deal with transfers. Solid point.
Counter point: We won the freaking National Championship.

Mar 25, 2019, 6:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Myles Murphy ]

We need every one of these studs. DL (and OL) players are fighting off injuries all the time. We were fortunate last year that the most dibilitating injury was an attack of ostarine. You can't guess how serious the injury bug will be from year to year.

Elliott (247 National guy) has alos flipped him to Clemson

Mar 24, 2019, 1:02 PM

since you started this. GREAT !

Mar 24, 2019, 1:08 PM

Noticed on 247 site that there are two DE prospects named Myles Murphy. One is 5* and 60% CBed to us and ranked #2 at his position. The other is a 4* and is 100% CBed to the coots and is ranked #10 at his position.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 1:16 PM

Also note all three CB predictions for Clemson are (1) dated 3/20/19 and (2) today 3/24/19. Both CBs for Georgia are dated in late 2017.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THose UGA CB's are also from UGA Reporters Joe.

Mar 24, 2019, 1:17 PM

The Clemson ones are from 247's National guys.

Re: THose UGA CB's are also from UGA Reporters Joe.

Mar 24, 2019, 1:58 PM

I want Burch as bad as any of the others,can't stand to give South Carolina another 5 star instate lineman for 2 consecutive years

Re: THose UGA CB's are also from UGA Reporters Joe.

Mar 25, 2019, 9:03 PM

Not too worried about the coots with Burch. Georgia is the one I’m watching after speaking with some parents at a track meet at Hammond. Plus he and their highly rated DT were both wearing Ga gear, which I know doesn’t mean a whole lot but still.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 4:58 PM

And another CB for Clemson from Bud Elliott! I wish we could take 6 DL: Burch (who I want the most so the coots don’t get him), Bresee, Murphy, Capehart, Williams and Smith.

Smith is odd man out,UF is picking up a few CB's for him

Mar 24, 2019, 5:06 PM

Mar 24, 2019, 5:29 PM

Big difference between QB position and DE. Guys on the defensive line can rotate depending on who deserves to play. You can get 4 to 5 guys more than enough reps to keep happy.

Mar 24, 2019, 9:39 PM

If we land all of them, and they all stay, it'll at some point be like this past year where we have 4 good starters and a really good backup (huggins). Eventually they will all get their shot if their patient enough. If 1-2 do end up transferring, then at least we kept them away from another team for a few years while also realizing that we must have some studs playing if a 5 star is transferring.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic