Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My top 5 after week 6
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,970

My top 5 after week 6

Oct 6, 2019, 12:13 AM

1. LSU
2. OSU
3. Clemson
4. Bama
5. OU

I think we have the best defense out of the top 5 but our offense is probably the worst right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My top 5 after week 6

Oct 6, 2019, 12:36 AM

With the caveat that the only ranking that matters is the final one after all the games have been played, mine would be this as of right now:

1 UGA
2 OSU
3 Bama
4 Wisconsin
5 Clemson
6 OU
LSU, Penn St, and Wash are in view

I expect us (Clemson) to finish in top 3, but until we can show folks that we have the Offense in gear and we can adjust in game when things are not working, we will be given a courtesy top 5 as long as we don’t lose. We have to play to a standard with a schedule we have. Close games with crappy teams is just not the standard to play to if you want to be in the top 5.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA #1? You're not fooling anyone mutt

Oct 6, 2019, 1:09 AM

Just messin with you but yeah i dont see UGA as the #1 team but thats just my opinion. What makes you put UGA at #1? I think LSU has the best offense they've had in probably 10 years and their defense is as good as it always is. Im putting us at #3 just based on potential, once TL and the offense get it going we are going to be really hard for anyone to beat.

Re: UGA #1? You're not fooling anyone mutt

Oct 6, 2019, 1:16 AM

Yeah, the fact he said “us (Clemson)” says it all.
What a fake
What a loser.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: UGA #1? You're not fooling anyone mutt

Oct 6, 2019, 2:00 AM [ in reply to UGA #1? You're not fooling anyone mutt ]

UGA D is solid. Their O is more balanced this year.

Bama D is still not where it needs to be, but their O is potent,

Our D is better this year. Our O should be at least as good, but right now not in sync. I wish we had a couple of top 25 teams to play before the playoffs to help us get prepared for what is to come in the playoffs.

LSU D has not been as elite as in years past, so far. That could change.

OSU looks like they have both O and D this year. They hit hard when you watch them. It pains me to say it, but they look like the real deal this year.

OU D is finally showing up. Combine that with their O and they look legit too if D continues.

We will be fine as long as we learn and improve. I just hope the relatively easy schedule doesn’t make us complacent.

Oct 6, 2019, 3:58 AM

1. Clemson
2. Alabama

3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. LSU

BIG gap between #2 and #3.

1. Clemson
2. Alabama

3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. LSU

1. Clemson
2. Alabama

3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. LSU

Oct 6, 2019, 6:18 AM

Georgia would have dismantled us the way we played against UNC.
And they looked pretty well last night against the Vols.
Clemson may be tops 5, but I suspect we would be in a fight with any of those 4+ Georgia.

Re: My thoughts

Oct 6, 2019, 6:52 AM

LSU - before getting so impressed. First look at who they played. People are putting wayyyy too much into eating Texas. Texas was pushed by WV this weekend. Also, before people get too excited about their offensive numbers, first consider who they played - then look at how long the first team offense and QB burrows played. Running up scores and stats. Had we left Lawrence in and let me run up stats, his would look gaudy too.

Bama - seriously strong passing game. That being said- they struggle to run the Ball and cannot stop the run. They are giving up huge numbers on defense. Clemson’s defense is the perfect defense to beat Bama.

Ga - QB makes some great throws. That being said, nobody they have played has any type of defense or pressure. UT is horrible, but held their own pretty well. The running game concerns me a bit against our d line. Even a slight injury to Fromm and dogs are in trouble.

Ohio state - I am pretty impressed thus far. The UGa defector is laying well. Hard to contain. That being said - I don’t have a lot of respect for Michigan state. Michigan is weak, Iowa can’t score. Pretty much up to Wisconsin - and I am not sure about them. Gotta contain the qb. He gets out of the pocket - he has speed.

OK - just not sure about them yet. Gaudy numbers from hurts. Same as burrows - running up stats in games with no meaning. Hard for me to believe that hurts went from being poor passer to amazing. I think it is competition. Might be wrong, too early to tell. Still not much on defense.

Wisconsin - I am just not buying yet. Just don’t think they can throw the ball well enough to become multi dimensional and really beat the better teams.

Clemson - defense is very consistent- concerned about a strong running team - some struggles getting to the passer. Probably the most versatile defense in the group. Offense - yes, not clicking. But certainly not poor. Like a lot of dabos teams - I think it will peak at the right time. Not worried about Lawrence. Wonder if Ross is a little out of position. We don’t seem to be able to break open receivers like some of the others above. I had hoped our o line would be more dominant - maybe will get there. ETN needs a bit of help. I keep hearing that defenses are playing 2 deep - well - we should be able to run the ball better in that scenario. We get etn going and I think the passing game goes crazy.

Ok - after all that - my ranking for playoff.

Ohio state
Ga
Clemson
Ok
Bama
LSU
Wisconsin

IMO anyway. This is what happens when you can’t sleep -

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I may be the wrongest I have ever been, but I still think

Oct 6, 2019, 9:38 AM

LSU and Burrow are Smoke and Mirrors. They keep surprising me week after week, as I look for the inevitable collapse which has not yet happened. I don't think it will happen next week against Florida, so it probably will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not smoke and mirrors

Oct 6, 2019, 9:51 AM

They might not win the SEC, but that team is a lot better than it's been in about 7 years. The defense is honestly the biggest concern atm.

Oct 6, 2019, 9:40 AM

1 - Clemson

2 - No

3 - One

4 - Else

5 - Matters

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2019, 10:00 AM

I agree wholeheartedly if it is about ranking who is #1 in your heart.

But being realistic based on this year’s play, there are other teams who have played better to their standard regardless of the competition than Clemson. But that is just 1 month in and 1 month does not a season make. Once everyone’s entire body of work is in, then it starts to matter.

I have a ton of confidence in Dabo and the team. Keep humble, work, strive and keep improving and learning.

What I do love though is watching the pundits jump on the disrespecting Clemson train with their crap eating grin while I know in the end, we get to watch them melt down again. Priceless! ??

GO TIGERS! ????

Oct 6, 2019, 10:32 AM

Taking off the orange tinted glasses, Clemson is the worst team top to bottom right now of the “group” everyone keeps referring to.

1. Ohio State
2. LSU
3. Georgia
4. Alabama
5. Oklahoma
6. Clemson

Then Florida, Wisconsin, Penn State

Oct 6, 2019, 10:37 AM

I would say based on body of work thus far, Clemson appears to be the worst of the group “right now”. I fully expect that will change over the course of the season. ????????

Oct 6, 2019, 11:00 AM

I would have ranked Auburn 1 or 2 heading into yesterday and we see how that worked out. It doesn’t mean a thing right now. Check back on Nov. 1st where the arguments start to change to who has the best loss or losses. Lots of real football games left to be played and winning by any score becomes more important. Clemson has been pretty good at winning the last few years. Can they do it without that core of guys that were on all of the playoff teams?

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,970
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic