Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Spring 2020 Outlook: Offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,305

My Spring 2020 Outlook: Offense

Feb 11, 2020, 12:09 PM

Yesterday I posted my thoughts on the defensive side of the ball and today I figured I'd do offense.

QB: The spring game will be a lot of fun. I expect it to be Trevor playing on both teams (limited) with Taisun and DJU as the head guys for each team just to make it even. The pecking order is obviously Trevor, Taisun, DJU but something to monitor is how quickly DJ picks up on the playbook. I'm expecting Taisun to have a big spring and make his name heard. These guys know what's at stake.

RB: Probably the best position group on the team. Getting Travis back is obviously huge but keeping Lyn-J is just as crucial. Behind them two are Chez and Mikey Dukes, along with a vet in Rencher who I really trust. This group gets even better in the summer when Kobe Pryor and Bowman arrive. Bowman might carve out a similar role to what Travis had his freshman year (5-10 touches a game) just because he's too explosive to keep off the field. I expect Pryor to get a redshirt and go crazy in the weight room. I never thought in my life I'd see a RB at Clemson be better than CJ Spiller....but Travis has passed that point for me and he may go down as one of the best ever in NCAA with another great season.

WR: Does Justyn Ross take the next step and become the alpha? Tee Higgins did and he will be rewarded with a 1st round-high 2nd round selection. We need to see Ross become "the guy" in order to not miss a beat. Hopefully he gets healthy this offseason, as well as Amari Rodgers who I'm expecting to have a monster year. Also important is the development of Ngata, Spector and Ladson. All will see advanced roles now. Does the light finally come on for Cornell Powell? There are plenty of snaps to be had with the losses of Overton, Higgins and Chase. Who steps up to the plate and takes advantage? EJ Williams has an opportunity in the spring as well, and Ajou doesnt arrive until the summer.

TE: Once a liability, I expect this unit to be a strength. Galloway showed tremendous potential in the CFP last year and he'll be the head guy. The others are more situational players for blocking such as Chalk, Luke Price, and Davis Allen. I am comfortable with all 3 in the game for that purpose and I think Allen is the best out of all of them. Sage Ennis arrives in the spring to add depth. Also, what will happen to Jaelyn Lay? This seems to be a big spring for him in terms of his development. All the other TE's got reps last year so he's trying to squeeze himself in there somehow. Maybe it could be a backup receiving TE role behind Galloway? I think Galloway and Allen are our top bets with Chalk, Price and Lay fighting for snaps. I expect Ennis to RS just because of the numbers.

OL: Carman + Bockhorst on one side will be dominate but what about the other 3 spots? I have no confidence in Cade Stewart at center and I hope someone takes over that spot. Maybe Hunter Rayburn? The other guard spot seems to be Will Putnam, who I enjoyed watching play last year. And then at RT, it seems to be Jordan McFadden's spot to lose. After that, there's not much there so hopefully the freshmen come in and are ready to go. I like Parks and Tchio to get on the depth chart sooner rather than later. Hopefully Blake Vinson gets 100% healthy and provides depth. Maybe Mason Trotter and Kaleb Boateng surprise some folks.

Bottom line: the skill position players are legit and we'll once again have a dynamic offense. How quickly does the OL progress and develop quality depth? Does Tony change up our philosophy to get Amari the ball more? Do we stop trying to attack the sidelines vertically and attack the middle? Does he limit Travis at all and/or do we run the ball more with our stable of backs? In general, does the offense look any different with Jeff Scott being gone?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Spring 2020 Outlook: Offense

Feb 11, 2020, 12:28 PM

He needs to expand the offense and attack the whole field.Would love to see some pro passing concepts.Offense needs refreshing

I agree 100%

Feb 11, 2020, 1:03 PM

This offense depends on the tall WRs winning their matchups on the outside. It is not creative really. Hopefully there is some self-reflection going on this offseason and things are tweaked in order to put our guys in the best position to succeed, just like BV did with the defense last year. Adjustments are needed.

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,305
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic