Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My post is to not call out anyone. I just want to point out that the last 7 years we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

My post is to not call out anyone. I just want to point out that the last 7 years we

Dec 22, 2017, 9:12 AM

have won 10 games or more, played for 2 NC’s in the last 3 years and will be playing for our third possible NC this season. We have beaten teams such as Bama, OSU, FSU, LSU, Oklahoma and many other ranked teams. We just hauled in the best recruiting class in Tigers history, we have the best coaching staff in college football, we nailed the # 1 player at 3 positions. Jimbo left FSU and the ACC so he would not have to keep explaining to FSU nation why he lost to Clemson again.

My message is let’s be thankful for what we have and where our program is. Sure I would have been elated if we had signed Mays, Salyer and White and a couple of others. We did not get them but we did kick butt in the first early signing period and they will all become 5 star talent under the coaching of Dabo and Co. We most likely will win at least 1 possibly more NC’s in the future. I am saying we have been blessed our recent success so instead focusing on who we did not get we focus on who we signed and the fact that we have one of if not the best HC’s in the country. Let’s focus on the future believe what Dabo has said “The best is yet to come”. UGA’s recruiting success could be a one time wonder. It’s hard to out recruit Dabo! He has proven success year after year. He recruits talented kids with character. Kirby Smart has had 1 successful class. Let’s see how many of his new dawgs make it through 2 years without being suspended or kicked off the team.

IMO It is one of the best times ever to be a Tiger. In fact it has always been great to be a Tiger win or lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My post is to not call out anyone. I just want to point out that the last 7 years we

Dec 22, 2017, 9:17 AM

We talking about Winthrop , or the University of Clemson ?

??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: My post is to not call out anyone. I just want to point out that the last 7 years we

Dec 22, 2017, 9:23 AM

U of C... you’re too good Doug! Rotflmao ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2017, 9:27 AM

Somebody hit me in the hoo-ha with a TD pass .

Head on a swivel , Dug ...head on a swivel !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 22, 2017, 9:45 AM

Somebody actually TD’d that poast? Must have been an error.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2017, 10:21 AM

..... or not excited about all of our good fortune!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2017, 9:20 AM

Amen to that! All I can add is +1. More if I could. Well written!!!

Agreed...

Dec 22, 2017, 9:21 AM

Also, I would like to point out that I joined tnet 7 years ago.

Interesting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

a day we all wish

B-Meist® could reverse

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that ewe Dabo?***

Dec 22, 2017, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Agreed... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agreed...

Dec 22, 2017, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Agreed... ]

Coincidence??? I think you're the lucky charm!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I realize you're just trying to be nice, but

Dec 22, 2017, 9:56 AM

please don't encourage her.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Someone doesn't.

Dec 22, 2017, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Agreed... ]

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Someone doesn't.

Dec 22, 2017, 10:02 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Someone doesn't.

Dec 22, 2017, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Someone doesn't. ]

They're just jealous they didn't make DSP's list.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well said.***

Dec 22, 2017, 9:22 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

sounds like you are calling posters out***

Dec 22, 2017, 9:22 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm going full nerd and organizational theory here

but the change at Clemson that Dabo has brought isn't about 1 recruiting class. He's finally made the overall university embrace that football and sports in general isn't diametrically opposed to the goal of having a nationally renowned academic institution. The Board has finally embraced the idea that sports, and the investment in them, might be the largest advertising opportunity for students, grants, endowments and professors.

Dabo, and other coaches, have demonstrated that they can do what it takes to be elite and not take away from the University. And unlike Oklahoma in the 80s, Nebraska in the 90s, Miami in the 80s, 90s, and to some extent Clemson in the late 80s with Danny, Dabo doesn't want to be bigger than the President and have the football program drive the school bus. As long as the school supports him, he's willing to work through the proper channels and in a sense "know his place" in the bigger picture.

Re: I'm going full nerd and organizational theory here

Dec 22, 2017, 9:27 AM

Excellent post by IPTAY FAMILY!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2017, 9:29 AM

Yes it is!

KJ Henry's announcement solidified this for me

Dec 22, 2017, 9:29 AM [ in reply to I'm going full nerd and organizational theory here ]

when even ESPN said "Clemson is getting a Clemson man" then you know the University brass had to take notice and know that the football team is bringing in the type of students that the Clemson University wants to put out as alumni.

The "Clemson man needs no introduction" brand is now nationwide.

With the exception of a very few

Dec 22, 2017, 10:35 AM

There isn’t another school that would refuse to trade places with us right now. We are at the top and all indications show that we will be there for a while! Can’t get any better than that. Let’s concentrate on making Clemson better and let the others ‘do their thing’. The less I hear about the gamecocks or dogs, the better I like it!

Dec 22, 2017, 10:35 AM [ in reply to I'm going full nerd and organizational theory here ]

Great summary of the state of things.

I agree. We’re on an incredible run.

Dec 22, 2017, 9:25 AM

I am stoked about our recruiting. We didn’t need a single number one class to beat multiple number one classes on Alabama’s roster. I could care less that Georgia got Mays. I do have fun ribbing the trolls though ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree. We’re on an incredible run.

Dec 22, 2017, 9:48 AM

I know you do and can rib with the best of them!!!

Dec 22, 2017, 9:42 AM

well said IPTAY He brings in young men of character and that is how you change lives, which change communities, which ultimately changes a nation. As Dabo says, it’s not all about the W and L ‘s.

CDS, is writing the blueprint for college football and of all places in lil ole Clemson! Who’d have thunk.
And I thank him from the bottom of my heart every day.

Couldn’t be more proud than the story about Graduation.

I don't spend one second worrying about who we didn't get

Dec 22, 2017, 9:45 AM

if they don't want to be tigers, then we both are better off without them.

Dec 22, 2017, 9:56 AM

Great post! Wear my orange with pride!

Bravo!!!!***

Dec 22, 2017, 11:17 AM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic