Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My humble theory re: fan dissatisfaction from last Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,922

My humble theory re: fan dissatisfaction from last Saturday

Nov 28, 2018, 4:23 PM

Most of the fear is for the future rather than concern for what's past.

Once a win is in the books, I don't think fans are really all that concerned about the final score or the shortcomings of the team on that particular night.

Once the win is in the books that game no longer matters. We won. We're 12-0!

BUT .. and it's a big one ... fans tend to extrapolate the performance from an earlier game to the next one and when we play extremely well, they assume we will play that well again in the next game.

However ... if we play poorly ... even in winning ... they assume that we will repeat that poor performance again and perhaps with devastating results "the next time" or against "stronger competition".

This is just human nature.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAKE NEWS!!!

Nov 28, 2018, 4:27 PM

It doesn’t exist.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..agree 100%...and if Clem had scored 7 more & SC 7 less...

Nov 28, 2018, 4:29 PM

...the score would have been 66-28, nary a complaint would have been heard....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...

Nov 28, 2018, 4:47 PM

if not for the dropped TD pass, the fumble by Dixon, and the bogus offensive PI call, Clemson likely scores another 21 points.

u5c played it best game of the season and still got handled by three touchdowns.

I'm good with it !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Well...

Nov 28, 2018, 5:51 PM

Not that I disagree, but I'm never a fan of playing the game where we mention what would've happened if every call or turnover that went against us went our way instead. I say this because both teams can play that game. I'm sure their fans are doing the same by saying if they scored the two times we made goal line stands that it would've been 56-49.

A big difference...our D made those two stops. Those missed

Nov 28, 2018, 6:08 PM

Tiger scores referenced by BigCUFan were taken away by the refs on two of them, and our miscue on the other.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ..agree 100%...and if Clem had scored 7 more & SC 7 less...

Nov 28, 2018, 5:42 PM [ in reply to ..agree 100%...and if Clem had scored 7 more & SC 7 less... ]

56 + 7= 66. Now I’m really confused

Re: ..agree 100%...and if Clem had scored 7 more & SC 7 less...

Nov 28, 2018, 5:57 PM

He forgot to mention the field goal that was missed... I guess

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree. Fear about our secondary

Nov 28, 2018, 4:40 PM

It was a concern preseason, and still is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reality is... The first TD drive was fueled by Ferrell

Nov 28, 2018, 5:00 PM

lining up offsides on 3rd down that they failed to convert. Would've been a FG at best for them.

So, then it's 21-3 a few possessions later.

Then, we had the big miss judged ball by Muse.
Then, the funky Deebo play.

Everything else was garbage time essentially. Now they moved the ball on that one drive in 3rd quarter where we stopped on goal line. But basically they put together 3 solid drives and 2 busted plays by us.

The busts just can't happen though because those are potential game changing plays.

I Think For Some Fans...

Nov 28, 2018, 5:42 PM

it was the number of passes to receivers that were open with nobody around them for 5 yards that got them upset . When you get used to a defense that has locked down everyone for the most part and your #1 rival comes in and scores with the pass plays like they scored on it just makes you wonder what's going wrong .

Many fans want complete domination of the Coots ( yes I want it too but mainly I just want a win) . A dominating performance in all areas like the 56-7 beatdown shuts the Coots up for year. They can brag that they put up 35 on us and that gives them a talking point this year....a beatdown shuts them up.

Re: My humble theory re: fan dissatisfaction from last Saturday

Nov 28, 2018, 5:48 PM

If Dabo had blown it off instead of blowing it up, it would not be an issue...Pressure makes the mouth move fast, sometimes... If this little bit of whining got Him upset, ALABAMA?? MMMh,MMMh,MMM..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,922
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic