Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who starts opposite Tankersley?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Who starts opposite Tankersley?

Jan 18, 2016, 8:53 PM

I'm thinking Mark Fields holds off Adrian Baker and Ryan Carter. I can even see a scenario where Tankersley plays safety in some situations due to his size and tackling ability. Either way, getting Cordrea back was huge. I can see us going the Bama route vs pass happy teams and have 4 corners out there. Something like:
CB-Fields
CB-Baker
Nickel- Carter
Safety- Johnson
Safety- Tankersley

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where would Wiggins fit in?***

Jan 18, 2016, 8:57 PM

Re: Where would Wiggins fit in?***

Jan 18, 2016, 8:59 PM

I put that lineup out there for pass happy teams only. Korrin Wiggins starts vs conventional offenses that utilize tight ends without question.

Jan 18, 2016, 9:42 PM

I also believe Muse plays a lot if he does not outgrow DB

Wiggins plays the hybrid LB position

Jan 19, 2016, 6:28 AM [ in reply to Where would Wiggins fit in?*** ]

that Blanks played

Jan 19, 2016, 6:36 AM [ in reply to Where would Wiggins fit in?*** ]

Most likely back to safety .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with Fields but Wiggins should take over starting

Jan 18, 2016, 8:58 PM

nb, I think.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree with Fields but Wiggins should take over starting

Jan 18, 2016, 11:03 PM

Don't know who will start over fields or baker but I do know that Alexander is the best corner I've seen in cfb in a long time.will be very hard to replace him.i think our d will be better at lb and dl but the DBS will be much worse.

Re: I agree with Fields but Wiggins should take over starting

Jan 19, 2016, 12:31 AM

Better at DL without Lawson and Dodd? Lol I think dt will be better but de will have some growing pains come on.

The CBS will be tank and baker but fields will find ways on the field. S all depends on Wiggins history shows venables likes guys like him at Sam. I think Johnson has one s spot locked down and that is all we know at this point. Green and Kearse will hurt more in run game than pass game but they both were notorious for blown assignments, it was awful. Alexander and the two des is what really hurts, there is just no way to spin it.

Re: Who starts opposite Tankersley?

Jan 18, 2016, 9:00 PM

Baker is better than people think. For the record, he handled Ridley and Steward against Bama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 18, 2016, 9:04 PM

but the scouting report on Baker now is gonna be run sweeps his way and take advantage of him when he is in the flats. not a great open field tackler, looked like he just didn't want to make contact at all late in the bama game. hes tremendous in coverage, but teams are always looking for a weakness.

if you noticed at the end of the bama game, Fields replaced Baker. I believe Fields will benefit tremendously from an off season. I really look for him to make his mark on the secondary this year

Jan 18, 2016, 9:25 PM

Honestly I missed that. Bama didn't run alot of sweeps, but I'd agree Baker is more of pure cover corner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 18, 2016, 9:35 PM

no they didn't, but the tight end pass to the flats where OJ Howard ran right past the first guy that fell on the ground and got away from the contact, that was Baker. Not saying that's what Bama did, im saying that would be a glaring weakness

Jan 18, 2016, 9:44 PM

Yea I did see that a few times, looked more like blanks fault on those. He froze on any PA and Howard slipped out for the short catch a few times.

null

Jan 18, 2016, 9:51 PM

I remember those plays. Blanks did blow that assignment. The play im talking about happened late in the game it was Howard's last big play that set them up for the goal line stand by Clemson that was called a touchdown.

Maybe Im basing my opinion on nothing, but I just see Fields having the same ability in the pass, but much more aggressive in the run. Fields played the last series after Baker missed the tackle on Howard, only reason I noticed is I was looking for Baker to see how he responded after missing a huge tackle that pretty much sealed the fate of the game

Jan 18, 2016, 9:55 PM

No you're right about fields being a beast who knows maybe fields ends up the Cb and Baker the nb.

null

Jan 18, 2016, 10:18 PM

I don't think we are near as bad off on depth in the secondary as people are saying.

if you don't think Dabo and co. were prepared for Kearse and Alexander to leave early, you don't watch much football. I think Tanner Muse, Van Smith, Mark Fields and Ryan Carter will all make a name for themselves this year.

Jan 18, 2016, 9:04 PM

Fs-Van Smith or Jefferie Gipson
SS- Jadar Johnson
Cb1-Tankersley
Cb2- Baker
Nb- Fields

The backups, which is why Mullen is important to get. Not as much depth in the secondary this year's unit is like 2015s LB unit. Gonna be some iron manning going down.
Fs-same as above
Ss-Muse
Cb-Mullen, Edmonds
Nb-carter

null

Jan 18, 2016, 9:06 PM

I don't think they are going to be able to keep Muse off the field. Lots of talk about him from the players and staff. When he gets the mental part down, he will be the starter. hopefully that happens this summer

What is iron manning ?

Jan 18, 2016, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Who starts opposite Tankersley? ]

Peyton's dog ?

And it's Gibson

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is iron manning ?

Jan 18, 2016, 9:43 PM

Iron man means you get no relief its a military term.

null

How did that work out for Alabama

Jan 18, 2016, 9:30 PM

Playing 4 corners??

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How did that work out for Alabama

Jan 18, 2016, 9:33 PM

They won the game vs the best dual threat QB in college football history.

Jan 18, 2016, 9:57 PM

Depending if wiggins moves (which I think he will)
Baker-van smith-wiggins-tank.
Or
Baker-van smith-jadar-tank.

My guess is Fields

Jan 19, 2016, 6:20 AM

but I'll make a bold prediction and say whoever looks the best in spring practice

Jan 19, 2016, 10:45 AM

CB - Tankersly, Chalmers/Edmonds
CB - Baker/Fields, Carter/Edmonds
NB - Wiggins,Carter/Muse
SS - V. Smith, J. Gibson, Muse?
FS - J. Johnson, J. Gibson, Muse?

This is based off of who we have right now. My best guess of how the rotation would look.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic