Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Move the kickoff to Noon. Clemson forecast shows heavy rain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Move the kickoff to Noon. Clemson forecast shows heavy rain

Sep 12, 2018, 9:04 AM

not starting until late Sat. nite. Everyone can be home by then.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Move the kickoff to Noon. Clemson forecast shows heavy rain

Sep 12, 2018, 9:07 AM

That's not heavy rain, maybe a few showers. Heavy rain wouldn't start until Sunday night at earliest.

Would be absurd for this game to not be played. The Hurricane is weakening and stalling. For the upstate, this is nothing more than 2 days of hesvy rain.

yep. It looks weaker and weaker with Each projection***

Sep 12, 2018, 9:13 AM

Noon kickoff - Great idea said few of the low country Tigers!***

Sep 12, 2018, 9:08 AM

Re: Noon kickoff - Great idea said few of the low country Tigers!***

Sep 12, 2018, 9:37 AM

Better yet would be to move the game to Friday night. ??????

That wood please Swoffy to no end - we might even get a

Sep 12, 2018, 9:50 AM

point or too with him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That wood please Swoffy to no end - we might even get a

Sep 12, 2018, 10:03 AM

Yeah he would given the rating numbers our televised games put up.

Re: That wood please Swoffy to no end - we might even get a

Sep 12, 2018, 10:05 AM

Oh, i forgot to add bless his heart.

I know a bunch of Low Country Tigers already in the upstate***

Sep 12, 2018, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Noon kickoff - Great idea said few of the low country Tigers!*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I know a bunch of Low Country Tigers already in the upstate***

Sep 12, 2018, 11:11 AM

Must be nice to have $$ and no family responsibilities in the Lowcountry.

Think it has to do with impending weather***

Sep 12, 2018, 12:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 12, 2018, 11:14 AM

With the newest forecast, it looks like there will be no impact on Saturday in Clemson. The storm could still be off the coast of North or South Carolina.

For everyone in the upstate, this is easy. The problem is that many Tiger fans travel from all parts of the state so even if the game is fine, can they get home?

I haven't missed a home game in so many years that I cannot count. I made the Norte Dame game even when I couldn't get home for two days afterwards. This time, that might not be an option as many hotels are already filled.

Living in Sumter, I think this will be the first time where the weather in Sumter will prevent me from traveling on Saturday.

Traffic support is going to be limited since state troopers are working the storm but there have been games in the past without that support.

Hotel rooms are probably not available, but some people may have left the coast and staying in hotels in the upstate hoping to go to the game. I think attendance will be impacted.

My major concern is that some Tiger fans will try to come regardless. It might be unsafe to travel from some parts of the state.

Bottom line is that this is going to be tough call and we may not even know until Friday as this crazy storm keeps changing where it is going and when.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2018, 12:12 PM

tshark® said:

With the newest forecast, it looks like there will be no impact on Saturday in Clemson. The storm could still be off the coast of North or South Carolina.

For everyone in the upstate, this is easy. The problem is that many Tiger fans travel from all parts of the state so even if the game is fine, can they get home?

I haven't missed a home game in so many years that I cannot count. I made the Norte Dame game even when I couldn't get home for two days afterwards. This time, that might not be an option as many hotels are already filled.

Living in Sumter, I think this will be the first time where the weather in Sumter will prevent me from traveling on Saturday.

Traffic support is going to be limited since state troopers are working the storm but there have been games in the past without that support.

Hotel rooms are probably not available, but some people may have left the coast and staying in hotels in the upstate hoping to go to the game. I think attendance will be impacted.

My major concern is that some Tiger fans will try to come regardless. It might be unsafe to travel from some parts of the state.

Bottom line is that this is going to be tough call and we may not even know until Friday as this crazy storm keeps changing where it is going and when.

Rain and wind better for GSUs ground attack.

Sep 12, 2018, 5:18 PM

Get back with us on that scenerio when you see our 4 D linemen push the 6 little birdie O linemen back into the qb and however many rbs y'all have. If this is gsu's gameplan they will be losing 3/5 yards per play. That's our game plan if gsu runs the ball in the rain.

Let's just play Thursday afternoon...

Sep 12, 2018, 11:14 AM

like Wake and BC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Let's just play Thursday afternoon... I’m All In!

Sep 12, 2018, 11:56 AM

Spot Da Ball!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic