Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mike Leach and Snowflakes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,993

Mike Leach and Snowflakes

Apr 9, 2020, 10:18 PM

Mike Leach had to apologize for this tweet. People saying the connotation of a noose in MS is racial.

But the woman in the picture is white and clearly this is just in reference to the current coronavirus situation.

You’d think a major crisis like this would teach the snowflakes what a REAL PROBLEM is.

https://images.app.goo.gl/eF7msLyPany44zHY9

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mike Leach and Snowflakes

Apr 9, 2020, 10:19 PM

Corrected link

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/ncaa-football/news/mike-leach-apologizes-offensive-tweet/d66l266cxpsu1eh0an7e2ntp5

and yet, you’re the only one on here crying

Apr 9, 2020, 10:24 PM

Someone’s triggered.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i actually thought it was insensitive as a suicide joke

Apr 9, 2020, 10:30 PM

Especially considering Tyler Hilinski being his QB.

That's a wasn't at all my interpretation***

Apr 10, 2020, 8:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 10, 2020, 7:36 AM

It was in poor taste , regardless of it's intent or interpretation .
I love coach Leach and find him to be a really cool guy who gives great interviews but we all make mistakes and he made one there , which he's admitted .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 10, 2020, 7:44 AM

He was wrong, but we have way bigger probs. Hard to believe anyone would be worried about that right now. Leach's tweets should be the least of anyone's worries.

Apr 10, 2020, 8:43 AM

We all can't worry about coronavirus and it's downstream effects (economy, etc etc) 100% of the time. I have no issue with some "normalcy b1tching". If it was an Op Ed on Leach's tweet by someone at the CDC, then I'd have an issue.

If we just focused on "bigger" things then TigerNet would just be about COVID-19 updates, debates, and LbB's daily death counts and nothing else. Hmmm, maybe not the best example.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 8:49 AM

That reminds me , LBB hasn't put out the latest " Coffee and Coffins " morning update .
I suspect he's not yet recovered from another late night of booze-boating on the Calibogue sound ?

DB23

Apr 10, 2020, 8:32 AM

Mike Leach has been flaky for a very long time. While he was in Lubbock TX and Pullman WA at backwater programs nobody paid attention to, he got away with a lot of things.

With a spotlight following him around now, I don't know if he can modify his behavior enough to succeed. We'll see.

He'll say stuff that makes people laugh. He'll say things and make decisions that nobody understands but him. He also has a nasty harshness about him that will become evident over time.

Get out ya popcorn because the show won't be boring. If he can limit his worst impulses, MSU made a good hire. Otherwise, I give him 2 years max. He's no longer at a place where alumni and leadership overlook everything because they are scared of him leaving.

If Leach was still in Lubbock or Pullman...

Apr 10, 2020, 9:07 AM

this would not have garnered NEARLY the same amount of attention, if any.

At the end of the day, it was a fairly benign incident with absolutely no ill intent, and anyone who transfers out of the program because of it was probably looking for a reason to leave anyway.

In addition, the NCAA will likely grant those who opt to transfer immediate playing time because of Mike Leach's blatantly inflammatory, insensitive, discriminatory, and racially motivated tweet (rolling eyes).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 10, 2020, 9:51 AM

I personally can't ever take someone serious when throwing around the word snowflake. It always comes across to me like a child who has just learned a new insult and can't help but throw it around all the time. What the child doesn't realize though is the insult isn't new, and if other child has already been throwing that one around over and over before they were. That, and the people who throw that word around usually fail to see the irony of how upset they're coming across.

Most of you people on this board are

Apr 10, 2020, 10:47 AM

A bunch of pansies. He was not wrong for this. It’s actually quite funny. There was no I’ll intent at all. The only problem is ####### like you all. Get a #### life

Re: Most of you people on this board are

Apr 10, 2020, 11:34 AM

Funny that I didn't offer an opinion at all about the tweet itself, only about the use of the word snowflake(or any other name calling really) when discussing something. I didn't realize the word was so important to you though.

Apr 10, 2020, 9:52 AM

The SJWs don't have time for no stinking pandemic! There are tweets out there to get upset about! You can really tell in times like these who is working their ### off and who is sitting around looking for something to do.

Apr 10, 2020, 9:58 AM

Does it really take any more time to type an upset tweet about something than it does to type an upset message about the upset tweets?

Apr 10, 2020, 10:27 AM

LOL!! "But the woman in the picture making the noose is white...." Maybe you precious darlings ought to quit while you are not further behind?

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,993
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic