Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Monte lee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,032

Monte lee

Apr 15, 2019, 10:38 AM

I still believe he’s the coach to win a national championship at Clemson. Our pitching this year is actually a upgrade from last year. Good starting pitching with Davis Sharpe and Matt Clark. Askew isn’t that great and I’d like to see holt Jones get a Sunday start. But overall good pitching and a strong bullpen. Hitting is inconsistent but when there hot there hot. My hope is to get a favorable regional draw. And to win a regional got to show progress. But I think Monte done a great job here at Clemson so far. Just we got to make it out of a regional

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Monte lee

Apr 15, 2019, 10:56 AM

Swings at non-strikes and over swinging seems to be our problem right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 15, 2019, 2:39 PM

I don't think Jones has the stamina to be a starter which is why he will probably never be. Also he is inconsistent. He doesn't have great control. Yeah he can throw hard but he seems to be a cockit and throwit kind of guy. Don't get me wrong he is a good reliever but you use him in spurts because it doesn't take long for college guys to catch up to his fastball then start sending them over the fence.

Apr 15, 2019, 7:20 PM

Sam Weatherly deserves the Sunday start versus Duke this week.

I think we were all pretty happy this time last week.

Apr 15, 2019, 4:52 PM

Not real sure how the entire staff forgot how to throw strikes at FSU though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think we were all pretty happy this time last week.

Apr 15, 2019, 5:08 PM

It’s Frank Martins MO to teach patience at the plate .
FSU walks a lot and doesn’t swing at balls .
These young pitchers were not getting the calls and when they came over the plate , FSU hit some bombs. They are also young and especially sharpe and Clark , racking up the innings. It could be some tired arms or teams have more film on them.
What ever the reason they will have to forget about last weekend and hopefully grow from it.
Our biggest problem is basically fundamental baseball. Some little things need to be fixed and def
Need to stop striking out 10-12 times every game.
We are still in good position for the postseason but need to get back to winning.

The Tigers made 81

Apr 15, 2019, 6:47 PM

Outs in the FSU series. How many of those 81 were strikeouts! Not a championship number I assure you!

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,032
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic