Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Monte and Tiger Baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 3,078

Monte and Tiger Baseball

Apr 29, 2018, 10:19 PM

I give a huge shoutout to the coach and the entire team for two road weekend sweeps and 2 tough road wins these past 10 days. I mean think about it, 8 wins in 10 days.

I read a few comments about Monte’s decision today but he didn’t have much options. The starters haven’t taken us very deep in many games this year... especially this past weekend. Got 5 innings Friday, 5 innings Saturday, and only 3.2 innings today. We had two midweek games in which we won both. A lot of pitching in those games as well.

Yeah Monte shouldn’t have let Miller come back in the 8th but he was just trying to get all he could.

Out of 27 innings and your starters only give you 12+ innings. That’s pretty tough on any team. I’m sure Monte was hoping to not have to bring in Ryley today. That being said, our bullpen was thin and I personally feel they deserved a HUGE shoutout what they accomplished this week.

Very proud of our Tiger baseball team!!! Keep it up guys, great week of exams, and come back swinging the bats.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he pulls them early

Apr 29, 2018, 10:38 PM

on purpose. Our bullpen is deep and he is taking advantage of that

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: he pulls them early

Apr 30, 2018, 3:04 AM

Most definitely, and by all means I wasn’t pointing any fingers. It was a tough week and had a lot of that bullpen played out. Monte won’t sacrifice an arms health to win a game, nor should he.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Monte and Tiger Baseball

Apr 29, 2018, 10:56 PM

My biggest concerns are getting picked off, taking too many called third strikes and the passed balls. If we can get better control of those we can increase our average runs/runs given up by about 1 per game or at least it seems that way. With the lower batting average we have, we cannot afford to give up baserunners and we forfeit any chance to advance a runner with the called 3rd strikes.Much rather they just try to put the ball into play instead of trying to get a walk sometimes. I suppose Wilkie is doing the best he can. Fortunately his hitting has come around or it would be an even bigger issue. I think we have the right man in charge. Hopefully Beer continues to warm up and Kier is back soon. We do need a starter to get a few more innings on the weekends. Doesn't have to be all 3. Just need one to step up and go 7 innings to give relievers a bit of a rest. I think we are 60-40 to win ACC and regional and 50-50 to win a super if things continue as is. But as we face better pitching, the HRs will go down. Unless the BA can go up, we have to get a better handle on baserunning, manufacture a few runs and tighten up on the passed balls.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Monte has a FEEL for the game, his boys, and the other team

Apr 29, 2018, 11:13 PM

that many coaches simply don't. His decisions are not always perfect [like all other mortals], but he's earned my respect and trust for trying to give us the best chance to win day in and day out.

Re: Monte has a FEEL for the game, his boys, and the other team

Apr 30, 2018, 3:13 AM

I like that BengalBilly. I really appreciate following y’alls comments on Tiger baseball. You, foresttiger, HumbleServant, lextiger etc... the regular baseball posters. I’ve learned a lot about baseball just from you guys posts.

I guess I should say you summed up my main point and that’s the future looks bright and the youngsters are getting er done!!!

Apr 29, 2018, 11:14 PM

Fire Jack!!!

Apr 30, 2018, 4:47 AM

Great points on the number of innings pitched. I sort of overlooked having two midweek games which really stressed the bullpen.

Teo getting picked off was pretty bad especially given the probable run taken off the board with the following double. However, a centerielder that erases runs with defense is worth an occasional pickoff and a low batting average. For what it’s worth he seems to be getting more patient at the plate and even laying off a low offspeed once or twice now. I think things may be peaking at the right time. With a little luck and our great bullpen that is a recipe for post season success.

Apr 30, 2018, 7:19 AM

YOU MEAN THE PLAY WHERE TEO WAS OBVIOUSLY SAFE FOR ANYONE WITH EYES. NOTICE THAT CREW DID NOT CHANGE ANY OF THE 4 PLAYS THEY REVIEWED.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2018, 7:26 AM

Not sure where you were watching but WatchESPN app was absolutely terrible. There was only one view that was even close and it wasn’t centered. They basically called him out bc they didn’t have another view to go on which is crazy in the tv world we live in. Either way, shouldn’t be that close.

Apr 30, 2018, 7:44 AM

WAS WATCHING WHERE YOU WERE. THESE PRODUCTIONS ARE DONE BY THE SCHOOLS. DID YOU SEE WHAT NOTRE DAME PUT OUT. IT WAS PATHETIC AT BEST. WE SHOULD BE PROUD OF WHAT THE GUYS AT CLEMSON PUT OUT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 30, 2018, 8:43 AM

At least is wasn’t Notre dame lol worst broadcast ever

Replies: 11
| visibility 3,078
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic