Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Miss USA Pageant: Very sad to see this pageant reach an
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Miss USA Pageant: Very sad to see this pageant reach an

Jul 12, 2015, 11:01 PM

all time low. I have watched this pageant almost every year since I was a little boy and it slowly went downhill under Trump's ownership. Tonight is the saddest moment as it is really done now. It looks like low budget production and doesn't even feel like the Miss USA Pageant. It doesn't have the same feel at all and it looks small. I guarantee you it will never make it back to major network tv again. It was never as prestigious as the Miss America Pageant even though more people around the world keep up with the Miss Universe/USA system. The big league pageant here has always been the Miss America Pageant, but the Miss USA took the lead for a few years I think. After tonight, thank goodness the Miss America Pageant is back in Atlantic City and back on network tv. It is the one I will put more stock in from now on.

Really amazing Trump drove this one completely into the ground. He was doing so for a long time by being so greedy he didn't even show the recent winners take their full crowning runway walk before cutting away to make a few more bucks on quick commercials to end the program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is very hard for me to wrap my mind around

Jul 13, 2015, 7:35 AM

how anything could be more stupid than beauty pageants. A bunch of women who are only beautiful with 5 lbs of makeup on, have zero talent to display in the talent portion, and are dumber than a box of rocks in the interview portion. Amazing display.

Hopefully they all go away.

ramen.***

Jul 13, 2015, 7:51 AM

Re: It is very hard for me to wrap my mind around

Jul 13, 2015, 7:52 AM [ in reply to It is very hard for me to wrap my mind around ]

IDK, this one is ok.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBQn-oPqdrA

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That movie is epic!***

Jul 13, 2015, 8:41 AM

Re: It is very hard for me to wrap my mind around

Jul 13, 2015, 8:19 AM [ in reply to It is very hard for me to wrap my mind around ]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very surprised pageants haven't been banned by the

Jul 13, 2015, 8:28 AM [ in reply to It is very hard for me to wrap my mind around ]

hyper-offended PC crowd by now for being sexist, misogynistic, racist, and those other catchwords they like to use. C'mon wackos - go flail your arms at this "injustice" for awhile. Sure wouldn't affect my life one iota if they disappeared forever.

In my life I've only watched beauty pageants where I have actually known one the contestants personally. Even those were a struggle to get through.

Banning them would be equally as offensive

Jul 13, 2015, 8:45 AM

The adult pageants may be stereotyped by having beautiful, stupid women, but that stereotype is offensive to good looking women who are characterized as being stupid b/c their hot. I have become a little more open minded to them since my wife she did them for years and watches them all... which subsequently means I lift my head from Tnet to catch the swimsuit portion. Last night, I was pretty surprised that pretty much all of the finalist were were top students and some top athletes. One was NCAA volleyball POTY. One went to Oxford or something. They pretty much all had full academic scholarships. Most of these women are extremely ambitious to be the best they can be in school, work, the community and even more importantly, in a bikini. My wife runs circles around me in public speaking, interviewing and entertaining a crowd b/c her experience with pageants.

I say let them go on. Of course the less ambitious, hairy armpit feminazi crowd would call for them to be banned though.

Message was edited by: hleapha®: If this isn't arguing for the sake of arguing than I don't know what is

I agree. I have always enjoyed going to and watching

Jul 13, 2015, 10:40 AM

pageants. I have really had a dream of working in the pageant system. I guess I am hard to figure as a die-hard sports fan, beauty pageant fan and animal conservationist and political liberal. Maybe it is the enjoyment of a live event, I don't know. But these women, and particularly the Miss America Pageant system, are some of the best and brightest this country has. It goes much more than looks. When they screw up the interview portion, it is usually just on the spot nerves and not a lack of intelligence. I think they do much better in the, much more extensive preliminary interview portion of the pageant which is usually at the very first of pageant week.

As for the girls last night, I feel bad for them. They have sacrificed a lot of time, energy, exercise, not being able to eat all they want, to work for this title and Trump almost killed it for all of them. They actually had some wonderful stories about many of them being the children of immigrants, etc.

I don't think anyone's surprised that a political liberal is

Jul 13, 2015, 10:41 AM

into beauty pageants.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump did them no harm

Jul 13, 2015, 10:54 AM [ in reply to I agree. I have always enjoyed going to and watching ]

it was the people bent on punishing Trump for whatever reason who did the contestants harm. They obviously didn't care who else was harmed in the wake, which is typical from those whose emotions, not brains, control their lives and actions. I'm not even sure what Trump did to make people angry this time. I don't keep up with him day to day.

You think Trump was hurt emotionally or financially? Do you think he cares?

Now NBC will fund Trump's campaign

Jul 13, 2015, 1:11 PM

b/c he will sue the crap of them. How ironic.

They're some of the most self righteous individuals out

Jul 13, 2015, 9:38 AM [ in reply to It is very hard for me to wrap my mind around ]

there, too. They typically think they're a lot more important than they are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I surely would not want to live in a society where you made

Jul 13, 2015, 11:51 AM [ in reply to It is very hard for me to wrap my mind around ]

the rules. I'd even bet that you are opposed to strong drink (tongue firmly posted in cheek as I post), and beer tastings. Gee what a dull life you must live.

Go all Tigers, don't be straight laced.

I wouldn't want to live in a society where

Jul 13, 2015, 12:09 PM

I made the rules, either.

REKT***

Jul 13, 2015, 4:48 PM [ in reply to It is very hard for me to wrap my mind around ]

In the laundry list of reasons I don't like Donald Trump...

Jul 13, 2015, 9:07 AM

"The decline of the Miss USA pageant under his leadership" is way...waaaaaaaay down on the list.

null

You seem overly concerned about something as dumb as

Jul 13, 2015, 9:14 AM

a beauty pagent. Weird.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You seem overly concerned about something as dumb as

Jul 13, 2015, 9:19 AM

He Is just looking for reasons to hate on Trump or any R's.

My guess is if Hillary owned it, that pageant would be must see tv in his eyes ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scok error?***

Jul 13, 2015, 9:20 AM

haha, BUSTED***

Jul 13, 2015, 9:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scok error?***

Jul 13, 2015, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Scok error?*** ]

What do you mean?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

scok profiling,your name is too close to the original poster***

Jul 13, 2015, 9:47 AM

Oh, never mind. I thought they were the same username***

Jul 13, 2015, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Scok error?*** ]

it's bc it's run by the current object of the 15-minute hate***

Jul 13, 2015, 11:42 AM [ in reply to You seem overly concerned about something as dumb as ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a scholarship program!!!! . . . . At least that's what

Jul 13, 2015, 11:55 AM [ in reply to You seem overly concerned about something as dumb as ]

Sandra Bullock taught me.

If you're concerned about the pageant

Jul 13, 2015, 9:55 AM

Wouldn't you consider NBC and all the other judges/guests abandoning the pageant at the last minute the bigger #### move? That was the more spineless, political move that ended up ruining it for the contestants. Trump might be over the pageant, but he didn't actually abandon the pageant.

I do agree with the other comments though... who cares?

Re: If you're concerned about the pageant

Jul 13, 2015, 10:49 AM

done. The advertisers, networks, entertainers and judges made the right call in pulling out. Some things can not be tolerated. Just like Mexico has pulled out of the Miss Universe Pageant this year. This really hurts Mexico and they have a very beautiful entrant this year. That young lady won the Miss Mexico pageant and she will not be able to fulfill her dream of participating. Panama and Costa Rica Have pulled out as well. Here she is. The link is below.

http://www.goldenicons.com/donald-trumps-outburst-mexico-pulls-miss-universe-pageant/

You know what really hurts Mexico?

Jul 13, 2015, 11:02 AM

Drug cartels.

You sure this isn't just about disliking Trump?

Jul 13, 2015, 11:41 AM

Personally, I don't care about Trump or the pageant. Still, it's been kind of hilarious the way the left has taken him seriously and tried to shut him up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I put Trump in the same category as Paris Hilton.

Jul 13, 2015, 12:24 PM

Famous for being famous.

So we got Paris Hilton running for President, and getting lots of support for some reason. Great.

*Famous for being rich****

Jul 13, 2015, 12:36 PM

This^^^

Jul 13, 2015, 12:27 PM [ in reply to You sure this isn't just about disliking Trump? ]

With in the last few election cycles there have been more attacks on republicans than on the enemy.

Had the left's focus been more about fixing problems and curtailing the growth of isis than controlling government, we'd all be living in a better and peaceful situation.

It seems to be all about control.

He's 2nd in polls right now. Which is a story in itself...

Jul 13, 2015, 4:48 PM [ in reply to You sure this isn't just about disliking Trump? ]

but that's also why he's being taken seriously. And who is trying to shut him up? He's been a guest on every news channel and is covered nonstop (possibly fueling his poll numbers, which is a fair point).

From a more political strategy standpoint, the left would be stupid not to try to use Trump's crazed ramblings and high polling to better their own campaigns. Heck, Trump is even pulling the Republican candidates into even more divisive rhetoric as they see the success he's having with being a blowhard.

So if anything, it's hilarious to see the way the right has taken him seriously and tried to copy his style. A style that, hilariously, is being embraced by the Republican base.

Bernie Sanders is polling 1st in some states

Jul 13, 2015, 4:53 PM

That should be enough to tell you that what's going on right now isn't worth taking seriously.

as a thing to currently talk about? I think it is.

Jul 13, 2015, 5:18 PM

But I'd agree that most news/voters aren't taking Trump or Bernie seriously in terms of winning 2016. To me, it's being covered because it mirrors the circus the republicans are and how boring the dems are in terms of nominations.

Have you told your parents yet?***

Jul 13, 2015, 4:50 PM

We always watched pageants and sports together. Most of the

Jul 14, 2015, 11:47 PM

time I could talk them into watching or going to pageants with me even though they were more into sports. I loved sports as much as anyone. Over the years, there have been many exciting times. They know I just love any kind of competition and live event. They fully expect that I am going to want to go an attend something of that nature as well.

Plus you can now legally get married, so that helps!***

Jul 15, 2015, 3:37 AM

oh, I've been legally married for a long time.***

Jul 16, 2015, 8:34 PM

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic