Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
met karen this evening. it wasn't raining for the first time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

met karen this evening. it wasn't raining for the first time

Feb 8, 2021, 8:41 PM

in forever so is rode my harley to get a sammich at firehouse. as i was backing into a parking space she stepped out of her prius in the adjacent space. she stopped in front of my bike and putting her greasy paw on my headlight says: you do know this is a "hev" parking space.

me: yes mam!

karen: so are you going to park that thing here?

me: yes mam, are you going to park that thing there? (as i wiped her smudge off my chrome.)

karen: my priass (she really said it like that!) gets about 36 mpg!

me: well my hog gets 42 mpg when i'm not running from the law, have a nice evening!

predictably she went into the nearby penera bread. i fully expected to find more than a smudge on my bike when i got back but it was fine and she was long gone.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did she think for some dumb reason motorcycles guzzle gas?***

Feb 8, 2021, 9:26 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did she think for some dumb reason motorcycles guzzle gas?***

Feb 8, 2021, 10:10 PM

apparently

Time for you to look less like an accountant and more like

Feb 8, 2021, 9:44 PM

a biker that scares that lady while also making her melt a little.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well i'm an engineer and i took my mechanical pencil out

Feb 8, 2021, 10:09 PM

of my pocket. maybe i need to leave my slide rule at home.

Bring the slide rule and abacus. You can do some damage in

Feb 9, 2021, 8:18 AM

a fight with those.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I could meet her. I would have parked

Feb 9, 2021, 8:27 AM

there and told here I get 10mpg in town and about 13 on highway. Got my sub and left. Just cause you have a soy boy car doesn't mean you get a special parking space.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HEV spaces are typically for hybrid-electric vehicles...

Feb 9, 2021, 8:33 AM

Pretty sure your hog isn't a hybrid-electric.

Not a fan of Karen's but she isn't wrong.

Fun fact:

Feb 9, 2021, 8:43 AM

The life expectancy of people that mind their own business is far greater than the people that don't. Karen may not be wrong...but corpses are rarely able to enjoy their "I told you so" moment.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMHO, they are both douches...

Feb 9, 2021, 8:56 AM

Look at me, i'm parking my hog in an HEV space. #### the man!

Look at me, i'm the PC police, you can't park your bike there.

The world would be a better place if everyone just #### and went back to being decent human beings.

Re: HEV spaces are typically for hybrid-electric vehicles...

Feb 9, 2021, 8:45 AM [ in reply to HEV spaces are typically for hybrid-electric vehicles... ]

I cannot believe that there are people on this board that are this soft. Always amazes me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is why we shouldn't even HAVE those spaces

Feb 9, 2021, 8:35 AM

If you can walk, park your ### in a parking space. If it's a busy store, park your ### in a space and walk further. If you can't walk, use a handicapped space. It's that simple.

I mean there are already people with PTSD who can run a marathon and know 27 ways to kill you using only their left hand, who park in handicapped spaces. I mean you have the pregnant woman parking spots. The veteran parking spots. The handicapped parking spots. The environmentalist parking spots. It's all ########. You can halve the handicapped parking, make it only for people WHO CAN'T WALK, and then leave the rest IMO. This virtue signaling PC crap with parking spots is just a reflection of everything else wrong with the world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you take my HD Pro spot from me.

Feb 9, 2021, 8:39 AM

Also, the parking lot should be done by weight. The fatter you are, the further you have to park.

It should be done by first come first serve.

Feb 9, 2021, 8:48 AM

If I shop on Saturday I fully expect to walk across the entire parking lot. If I shop at 7am on a Wednesday morning, I expect I'll walk right in. Doesn't matter.

What really irks me more than the parking x20 are the people who stand in the store reading labels, or grabbing and analyzing every single tomato in the produce section. I can shop in literally 50% less time when there are less people in the store. If it's busy, the idiots who stand there in front of what you want to spend 3 seconds grabbing, those people make it so aggravating.

I have learned, park your buggy next to the healthiest food you can find (won't block anyone there), then walk solo grabbing the things where the idiots are standing around analyzing the produce and reading the nutritional value and ingredients on the twinkies box.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It should be done by first come first serve.

Feb 9, 2021, 8:49 AM

A Hybrid-Electric Harley seems like a weird bike, but you

Feb 9, 2021, 8:44 AM

do you.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Hybrid-Electric Harley seems like a weird bike, but you

Feb 9, 2021, 8:49 AM

https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/motorcycles/livewire.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I assumed there was one when I posted that, just

Feb 9, 2021, 8:50 AM

didn't care to look it up.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No you didn't. You ain't gots to front.***

Feb 9, 2021, 8:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, it's a weird bike, so I was right.***

Feb 9, 2021, 8:52 AM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic