Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Men's tennis @ #5 Virginia today at 1, preview
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 884

Men's tennis @ #5 Virginia today at 1, preview

Mar 24, 2019, 10:30 AM

Well not much to say about this one. Virginia is #5 in the country and is back to their elite ways after 1 down season last year. They are 13-3 overall and 4-2 in the ACC.

Projected Virginia singles lineup:

1. #11 Carl Soderlund, Jr. Stockholm, Sweden
2. #63 Brandon Nakashima, Fr. San Diego, CA
3. Henrik Wiersholm, Sr. Kirkland, WA
4. Gianni Ross, So. Chicago, IL
5. Aswin Lizen, Sr. Douglas, Isle of Man
6. Matthew Lord, So. Bloomfield, CT

It's very possible that Virginia sits one of their top 6 vs us since we are one of the easier teams to play in the ACC. Gives them a chance to rest up a bit.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

T_I_P , you are one faithful Tiger!!!

Mar 24, 2019, 10:52 AM

I enjoy your tennis perspectives!!!

My Dad's sister, Aunt Sally, was once ranked 13th in the World . . . as an amateur. She even played Billy Jean King a few times, once in the US Open when Flushing Meadows had grass courts. Of course she was beaten handily and she never turned Pro, opting to enter the workforce with AT&T.

Because of her love for the sport, I follow it at a distance. Aunt Sally resides in Roswell, GA and still follows the Sport avidly.

Thanks again for your faithfulness!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's pretty cool

Mar 24, 2019, 11:24 AM

tennis was so much different back then with the wooden rackets.

And yes I do stay loyal. It's hard to see the team doing so badly because tennis is already probably at the very bottom of the Clemson sports totem pole and having a bad team certainly doesn't help. If the team was a top 25 program like it should be, maybe tennis would have a bit more presence at Clemson

Re: Men's tennis @ #5 Virginia today at 1, preview

Mar 24, 2019, 11:47 AM

I am an avid tennis player. Week before last Chuck Kreise, former Clemson tennis coach, was at my club for a week with his Citadel tennis team. I got to meet him and talk some tennis. He still believes in using American tennis players over foreign players. Neat guy. Chuck coached at Clemson when we had a REAL tennis program.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Men's tennis @ #5 Virginia today at 1, preview

Mar 24, 2019, 11:54 AM

TIP by no means do I know how you feel about it and I can't speak for you I know but myself personally I'm feeling like the head coaching hire of John Boetsch is turning out a lot like the one by Women's Basketball program at one time with Itoro Umoh.Both were great athletes at their respective sports while at Clemson but unfortunately both just don't have what it takes to be a head coach at a major university much less Clemson PERIOD.I'm sure John Boetsch can teach the game of Tennis and he knows all about the aspects of it but when it comes to recruiting you really have to wonder.And another thing,both programs have really nice facilities now so that is not an excuse any longer.Not saying that you said this but just the way I feel.The Men's Tennis program used to be a consistent winner both in the conference as well as nationally for many decades but sadly not anymore.

That's a pretty good comparison***

Mar 24, 2019, 9:12 PM

Live scoring

Mar 24, 2019, 12:56 PM

https://sidearmstats.com/uva/mten/

Looks like Dodens is sitting out again for us.

Replies: 6
| visibility 884
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic