Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
mechanic net....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 416

mechanic net....

Jan 22, 2021, 9:03 AM

ok. I noticed something weird going on with my car. At least, i think it's weird. It makes me nervous so i'm asking what might be wrong.

I have a 2008 Armada. Runs good, doesnt overheat, doesnt seem to show any leaks.

But, the other day, i noticed when the truck is turned off, the coolant level in the reservoir shows right at the 'max' line. As soon as I crank the crank the car, the coolant level immediately goes down below the 'min' line. When i shut it off, it gradually fills back up to the 'max' line.

Is this normal? i'm mainly asking because my wife's car doesnt do this at all... her's stays at the same level regardless.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No you have an air bubble in the line

Jan 22, 2021, 9:05 AM

and if it gets near the thermostat it'll shut it causing your car to overheat quickly and possibly crack your block.

What you're going to need to do is take all of the hoses off of the engine and find the bubble. Make sure you do drive it around the block a few times first before pulling hoses off so that the bubble is in a hose.

You're whalecum

yes it's normal as long as the water level is at max when the car engine is cold.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Not a problem. Maybe an air bubble... but I've seen this

Jan 22, 2021, 9:09 AM

in cars that have been properly burped.

As long as the coolant is not below the lower mark on the overflow bottle when the engine is cold, everything is good.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

It's a pretty common issue in vehicles actually.

Jan 22, 2021, 9:20 AM

The vehicle is possessed by an otherworldly demon and needs to be exorcised by an authentic tribal priest or priestess. The hard part is dismantling the entire car so that every part can be expunged of the satanic presence, but hey....the weekend is here so you have time to do it so as not to waste the valuable time of a tribal priest or priestess when they arrive to perform the ceremonial exorcism. Make sure and spread all of the parts out across the lawn to allow said aforementioned priest or priestess to move freely between all of the parts to cleanse the foul beast from your Nissan. And, make sure they bless every screw and every bolt. Demonic entities can hide in the smaller parts and render the entire process null and void if you aren't cautious and thorough. Sure, it could be an air bubble...but are you REALLY willing to take that chance?

GOOD LUCK!

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably nothing but

Jan 22, 2021, 9:24 AM

There should be a bleeder screw on top of the radiator. Park the car with the front of the car angled higher than the back, open the bleeder screw (when the car is COLD not hot or warm), and start the car. When coolant starts coming out the bleeder hole, close it back up. Boom, system bled.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 416
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic