Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Daboism
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

New Daboism

Dec 29, 2019, 10:21 PM

https://twitter.com/clemsonfb/status/1211482467334590465?s=21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jessie Jackson quote. Heard him say it in an enterview back in

Dec 29, 2019, 11:23 PM

the day (70's). It was a little different. He said something like: "Our dreams must be stronger than our memories. We must be pulled by our dreams, rather than pushed by our memories."
Did not care much for his methods but thought then it was a great statement. Rev. Calvin Jean and Rev. Carroll Franklin in sermons changed the quote into what Dabo said.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Jessie Jackson is crap . . .

Dec 30, 2019, 5:24 AM

Crap intellect, crap activist, crap ideology. I love Dabo, but shame on him for the lack of discernment there. He could have done better sourcing there.

Maybe he was quoting one of the pastors. Calvin Johnson

Dec 30, 2019, 8:44 AM

preached recently several times in Atlanta. What little I know of Dabo, however, I doubt he would describe any human being the way you described Jackson. Dabo has grace and class.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Easy mrmatt

Dec 30, 2019, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Jessie Jackson is crap . . . ]

I don't agree with Rev Jackson's methods/ideology any more than you do, but one lesson I have learned in life is that we can learn something from anyone and everyone if we don't let hate cloud our judgment.

I disagree with alot of what Jesse Jackson has said and believes, but God has even used a donkey to speak his word (Balaam's donkey in Numbers), so let's not dismiss a good message due to the source of its delivery. I don't view Dabo quoting him as an endorsement of any or all of his ideas, I view it as evidence yet again that Dabo is wise enough and has enough love and tolerance (a term that has been bastardized by today's media) to be able to find the good in a sea of bad.

Jesse Jackson meant it in the context of dreaming about...

Dec 30, 2019, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Jessie Jackson quote. Heard him say it in an enterview back in ]

...taking from the "haves" and giving to the "have-nots". He was NOT talking about dreaming big and ACTUALLY EARNING what you are going to take. Jesse Jackson is a smooth talking Marxist in snake oil salesman clothes...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Precisely****

Jan 3, 2020, 3:14 AM

d

Re: Jesse Jackson meant it in the context of dreaming about...

Jan 3, 2020, 6:01 AM [ in reply to Jesse Jackson meant it in the context of dreaming about... ]

Well said.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic