Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Masks DO reduce the spread of Covid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Masks DO reduce the spread of Covid

Mar 15, 2021, 9:55 AM

I know some of you reactionaries will refuse to recognize scientific facts, but for the reasonable people on this board, here are the facts from a widely misinterpreted (One America News) study.

“Over the course of the pandemic, the scientific evidence and our understanding of masks have grown. The data we now have conclusively show that widespread use of masks is a very effective way to reduce the spread of COVID-19,” CDC spokeswoman Jasmine Reed wrote in an email to USA TODAY.

Here's the whole article:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fact-check-cdc-study-links-mask-mandates-to-slowing-covid-19-infections-and-deaths/ar-BB1ewRG0?li=BBnbcA1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"www.msm.com", l0l!!84!!***

Mar 15, 2021, 9:58 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Re: Masks DO reduce the spread of Covid

Mar 15, 2021, 10:33 AM

"In fact, it doesn't study mask efficacy at all"

so it could be the 6' or washing hands

rewrite your fake news title

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2021, 11:00 AM

As I said, I know some of you reactionaries will refuse to recognize scientific facts.

Mar 15, 2021, 11:21 AM

you should have read the article that you posted

Mar 15, 2021, 2:59 PM

“Over the course of the pandemic, the scientific evidence and our understanding of masks have grown. The data we now have conclusively show that widespread use of masks is a very effective way to reduce the spread of COVID-19,” CDC spokeswoman Jasmine Reed wrote in an email to USA TODAY.

It is a bad look to be insulting people for pointing

Mar 15, 2021, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Masks DO reduce the spread of Covid ]

out that your claim is not proven by the article you posted. They specifically say that the study did not concern mask efficacy. It was a study of mask mandates and their impact, and it clearly indicates that it could not isolate dokey the impact of the mask wearing.

null

While I wear a mask, I stopped reading at MSN***

Mar 15, 2021, 10:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: While I wear a mask, I stopped reading at MSN***

Mar 15, 2021, 10:58 AM

How intelligent of you !

If you had just read the quote you would see it was straight from the CDC.

I think Dems should wear 10 masks ... just to be safe

Mar 15, 2021, 11:07 AM

Dont worry if you start to turn blue ... thats a sign its working

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Dems should wear 10 masks ... just to be safe

Mar 15, 2021, 11:22 AM

maybe they should use 100 meters, cut their hands off, just to be sure

Re: I think Dems should wear 10 masks ... just to be safe

Mar 15, 2021, 7:07 PM

100 meters from you sounds about right.

LOL. Oh the corrupt CDC, who sent out virus-spiked test kits

Mar 15, 2021, 11:24 AM

now says "oh trust us guys, seriously, it seriously is the truth. We would never lie."

Right. Take that computer model ######## out of here. Masks can't stop respiratory viruses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unless I missed it, it's not "Say crazy sheet...

Mar 15, 2021, 11:26 AM

with no back-up day" in here today.

You gotta put up some kind of something if you're to make crazy-arse claims like this...right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unless I missed it, it's not "Say crazy sheet...

Mar 15, 2021, 11:28 AM

https://archive.ph/EmxD6

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...you're kidding, right?....

Mar 15, 2021, 11:36 AM

did you really read that article and come away that the test kits were "virus spiked"?

Maybe I'm the crazy one here, but to me "virus spiked" seems to paint the picture that the person submitting a sample could catch COVID from the test kit.

The negative control part of the test may have been contaminated, which could have created false positives. Sorry, but that is not "virus spiked".

I kinda think...

Mar 15, 2021, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Unless I missed it, it's not "Say crazy sheet... ]

It's that day every day for several people in here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Virus spiked test kits!?! Wow. Even for an anonymous

Mar 15, 2021, 11:27 AM [ in reply to LOL. Oh the corrupt CDC, who sent out virus-spiked test kits ]

political discussion forum, that is something.

The sheer column of aluminum foil needed is astounding.

null

Re: Virus spiked test kits!?! Wow. Even for an anonymous

Mar 15, 2021, 11:28 AM

https://archive.ph/EmxD6

Not touching the link. But the headline in no way indicates

Mar 15, 2021, 11:39 AM

that the test kits were “virus spiked”.

null

The link is legit...his characterizing of the article is not***

Mar 15, 2021, 11:40 AM

Y'all are hilarious. They ####### sent out kits with the

Mar 15, 2021, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Not touching the link. But the headline in no way indicates ]

virus already in them. Enough said.

The link is to the WaPo by the way, that bastion of QAnon conspiracies.

That's just sad man...you got an engineering degree from...

Mar 15, 2021, 12:45 PM

Clemson and you can't read a mildly-scientific article any better than that?

Did you read the article? They FUBARed the test kit, so it

Mar 15, 2021, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Y'all are hilarious. They ####### sent out kits with the ]

produced false positive tests. But they didn't spike it with COVID-19.

Interesting though - it was not aware that the CDC had acknowledged crappy test kits...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you believe everything you see?***

Mar 15, 2021, 4:26 PM

Well - you referred us to that article to espouse that

Mar 15, 2021, 4:54 PM

the tests were tainted with COVID-19. And now you're saying don't believe the article.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it's not even the 1st time he's said it on here!***

Mar 15, 2021, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Virus spiked test kits!?! Wow. Even for an anonymous ]

You believe Qanon theories, don't you?***

Mar 15, 2021, 11:41 AM [ in reply to LOL. Oh the corrupt CDC, who sent out virus-spiked test kits ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RTFA.***

Mar 15, 2021, 12:25 PM

Mar 15, 2021, 11:27 AM

on the box of masks available at Sams Club

"This product is not recommended for use in a clinical setting where the infection risk level through inhalation exposure is high."

Mar 15, 2021, 2:26 PM

I agree with you. However, do you think releasing illegal COVID + immigrants into our country is reducing the spread of COVID? Do you agree that allowing illegal immigrants to be released into our country without even being tested for COVID is reducing the spread of COVID?

Biden said he would follow the science. He still is not pressuring teachers to teach. The CDC says schools can reopen without all teachers being vaccinated. Illegal immigration as far as I know has not been ok'd by the medical experts as a wise move with COVID still a major problem. Masks are just one part of the answer. In the midst of a pandemic, I'm really over hearing the need to wear a mask from Biden when he is not protecting the country from an onslaught of illegals drawn here from his policies. I still wear one when out in public to potentially protect the unvaccinated although it is highly unlikely I can even be infected without symptoms according to a recent Pfizer study out of Israel.

I'll do my part. Biden needs to do his. There's no crisis on the border per Biden. It's just a challenge, per Biden, yet he's sending FEMA to the border. Federal Emergency Management Agency--sounds like a crisis to me.

Yes, I am merging two issues. They are different issues, but both are important health care considerations. It's hard to take Biden seriously when he does not address all issues that are allowing more COVID, not less.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Masks or No Masks...

Mar 15, 2021, 3:17 PM

Today, DHEC is reporting NO new Covid deaths in SC for the first time in... what? A year?

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter my friends!

Here are some more reactionaries

Mar 15, 2021, 5:04 PM

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic