Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Martavis Bryant 2 carries for 40 yarda and 9 rec for 154...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Martavis Bryant 2 carries for 40 yarda and 9 rec for 154...

Jan 17, 2016, 7:59 PM

yards. Contrary to popular belief on tnet, Bryant leaving early didn't hurt him. And he ended up with one of the best organizations in the NFL and a great QB to catch passes from.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Martavis Bryant 2 carries for 40 yarda and 9 rec for 154...

Jan 17, 2016, 8:02 PM

And he's got what has gone down as the 5th best postseason catch of all time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was a risk that worked out well for him.

Jan 17, 2016, 8:05 PM

Let's just all be happy for him and give this topic a rest.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, I will once posters stop bashing Clemson players all the

Jan 17, 2016, 8:36 PM

time. Too much vitriol towards players that have helped us accomplish a lot over the past 5 years.

Re: Oh, I will once posters stop bashing Clemson players all the

Jan 17, 2016, 10:37 PM

self righteous much? Did you read any of your post about Cole Stoudt?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Oh, I will once posters stop bashing Clemson players all the

Jan 18, 2016, 9:29 AM

No, his hate for Cole Stoudt,in his mind is justified, he's white and that makes him fair game because everyone knows hating whites doesn't qualify as racist. It works for both queenie and Obama.

GTFO you POS. Didn't say a negative thing about Stoudt...

Jan 18, 2016, 9:51 AM

I was comparing him to another white guy you fing moron. Or do you think Ben Roethlisburger is black? Your God d@mn politics have nothing to do with this issue, you right wing rump wrangler.

He's also a racist, don't worry about him

Jan 18, 2016, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh, I will once posters stop bashing Clemson players all the ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=15658496

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

difference between telling the truth and bashing players that actually produced...

Jan 18, 2016, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh, I will once posters stop bashing Clemson players all the ]

I didn't bash Stoudt. It's a fact he wasn't good enough to be a starter. That's not the same case with Bryant. Bryant was talented and produced in more than one game. Not every player that gets to start is good.

Never was any risk, he was faster and 4" taller than Sammy

Jan 17, 2016, 9:22 PM [ in reply to It was a risk that worked out well for him. ]

He was legit and Clemson coaches and Tajh wasted his talent ... and it cost us games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never was any risk, he was faster and 4" taller than Sammy

Jan 17, 2016, 9:26 PM

No risk ? He has always loved smoking WEED .

"The four-game suspension for Bryant suggests he’s been caught breaking the league’s policy more than once. If he fails another test, he’ll be suspended for 10 games"

Jan 17, 2016, 9:43 PM

So Usain Bolt would be the greatest wide receiver in history?

Bryant does not have very good hands and it cost him at Clemson.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 17, 2016, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Never was any risk, he was faster and 4" taller than Sammy ]

Yes Tajh Boyd, who holds pretty much every ACC record and threw the prettiest deep ball, wasted his talent because of his terrible route running.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

that's not true, Bryant had some minor focus issues his first two years...

Jan 18, 2016, 9:41 AM [ in reply to Never was any risk, he was faster and 4" taller than Sammy ]

And Tajh did spread the ball around. Sammy was uncoverable in college, so Tajh never really had to force it. Bryant was also behind Hopkins and Brown his first two seasons. Bryant just took longer to reach his potential. Not every highly rated player is going to come in and have the impact Sammy and Deshaun has had. The reason so many posters on here bash and hate Bryant was because he didn't develop as fast as Sammy.

Jan 17, 2016, 8:06 PM

Leaving early didn't hurt him you say ?

Martavis Bryant 4th round pick CONTRACT:4 yr(s) / $2,659,220

Sammy Watkins 1st round CONTRACT:4 yr(s) / $19,935,603

DeAndre Hopkins 1st round CONTRACT:4 yr(s) / $7,626,702

Oh he will being getting paid good very soon....

Jan 17, 2016, 8:37 PM

and then what will be your argument.

The argument is he lost at least $7mil

Jan 18, 2016, 9:36 AM

I know you're normally dumb, but stop being so dumb to realize you're simply wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

So which benefited him more playing with Roethlisburger...

Jan 17, 2016, 8:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Martavis Bryant 2 carries for 40 yarda and 9 rec for 154... ]

last season, or playing with Cole Stoudt as the starting QB for most of last season?

Re: So which benefited him more playing with Roethlisburger...

Jan 17, 2016, 8:45 PM

Is that why Mike Williams had 1030 yards & 6 TD and projected for the 1st round in 2016 Draft or no ?

If..IF... IF.. bryant staid. Cole stout is all American

Jan 18, 2016, 8:48 AM [ in reply to So which benefited him more playing with Roethlisburger... ]

And Clemson wins the nc.

Meanwhile up in Pitt. Rothumburger rapes another woman.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Leaving early...

Jan 17, 2016, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Martavis Bryant 2 carries for 40 yarda and 9 rec for 154... ]

probably cost MB a few $M, but he will end up making it back by and by if he can stay off the ganj long enough and Big Ben can stay healthy a few more seasons. As we've seen with Sammy in Buffalo, having a good QB dealing makes a world of difference along with staying healthy. With Brown out, MB was the go-to guy.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think most people were talking about his draft status

Jan 17, 2016, 8:09 PM

when they said he was leaving too early. No one doubted he has the physical tools to be a great pro WR. But he could've been a first rounder if he had stuck around one more year and been the featured WR at Clemson.

At any rate, he'd have been drafted higher than the 4th and be making a lot more money doing exactly as well as he's doing now.

Re: I think most people were talking about his draft status

Jan 17, 2016, 8:29 PM

Yeah a year with the prolific Cole Stoudt would have rocketed him up!! With the career he's building, he's bout to get paid!! If he came back and got injured, who knows?

^^^exactly^^^***

Jan 17, 2016, 8:39 PM

NOW to get DW4

Jan 17, 2016, 8:46 PM

To Pittsburgh Steelers. Big Ben doesn't have a lot of time left.

That would certainly be better fortune...

Jan 17, 2016, 9:12 PM

for MB than what Sammy has had to deal with in Buffalo. Manuel is a bust and Crankcase Taylor ain't much better.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2016, 8:18 PM

Proud of #10. He had a great season. Glad to see him step up in Browns absence today. Hope the coaches took notice

Jan 17, 2016, 8:55 PM

Ben threw a lot of crappy passes too though... If he could have dialed in half of them, they would have won that game. Bryant had an incredible game.

Ummm, what?! Crappy passes?

Jan 17, 2016, 9:21 PM

You're joking. I get it.

Re: Ummm, what?! Crappy passes?

Jan 17, 2016, 10:26 PM

Did we watch the same game? He threw 64%. And Bryant, Heyward-Bey, Coates & Wheaton make a lot of those catches look a lot better than they are. That last drive? 2nd & 5, 3rd & 5, 4th & 5 - he threw the same crappy dump over the middle for zero yards. I hope he wasn't the one calling all the plays.

Big Ben was off pretty bad today bc of his shoulder injury

Jan 17, 2016, 11:36 PM [ in reply to Ummm, what?! Crappy passes? ]

He wasn't even supposed to play today, but they gave him a shot to numb his arm so that he could go out and play.

Maybe his passes didn't look quite as bad because Peyton Manning was throwing passes for the Broncos with an arm that has been even deader all year long than Ben's was today.

Back when I gave Martavis love on T-Net, very few did ...

Jan 17, 2016, 9:17 PM

He was regularly ripped on T-Net. Too many drops. Tajh could not trust him. etc.

What I saw was Clemson lose at least 2 TD's a game through Martavis running 10 yds in the open on multiple plays each game, and Tajh forcing it to Sammy or elsewhere. Yes, in those days, Tajh was a star and Martavis was lucky to be on the team to hear T-Net wisdom. Turns out T-Net was very wrong. In fact, Tajh was a good player and Martavis was a very underutilized superstar whose lack of use cost us games. And as it turned out in the NFL, Martavis became a Steeler star and Tajh could not make the team or any team as a 3rd stringer.

Do not get them all right, but this one was a no-brainer. Really looking forward to Mike Williams' healthy return next season ... Deshaun will utilize him and put touch on those pinpoint bombs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so to counter Bryant bashing, you bash Tajh....

Jan 18, 2016, 9:43 AM

Whole point of my post was how ridiculous it is to bash players who have helped us win a lot of games over the past 5 years

I'm with you on this one. Would he have made more money

Jan 17, 2016, 10:45 PM

if he'd come back for another year? Maybe, if he'd stayed healthy, and if he'd had a big year. In the end though, there was more than that going into that decision for Martavis, and it may very well have been the right thing for him, at that time. While it could possibly have worked out better money-wise, he's done very, very well, and will do very well in that department going forward. I doubt he has any regrets.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic