Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Marlboro County vs AC Flora SC Mens high school hoops lower state championship
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Marlboro County vs AC Flora SC Mens high school hoops lower state championship

Feb 23, 2020, 4:16 PM

I’m from MC, and the pee dee of course, but was wondering if there were any people on this board that went to or played against AC Flora in sports through the years, isn’t that high school in Columbia ?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes it’s in Columbia***

Feb 23, 2020, 4:23 PM

It’s not the lower state championship yet

Feb 23, 2020, 4:57 PM

Still 4 teams in the upper state and 4 in the lower state left. AC/Marlboro will play the winner of the Myrtle/North Myrtle game in the lower state championship. Greenville/Lower Richland/Ridge View/Wren are still alive in the upper state

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Marlboro County vs AC Flora SC Mens high school hoops lower state championship

Feb 23, 2020, 5:05 PM

A little bit of history for you. In 1981, Bennettsville High School (which Marlboro County now primarly consists of) and AC Flora played for the state title, which AC Flora won. Xavier McDaniel and Tyrone Corbin (both future NBA players) were on the the AC Flora team. Cozell McQueen, who went onto start for the NC State national championship team in 1983, played for Bennettsville.

Re: Marlboro County vs AC Flora SC Mens high school hoops lower state championship

Feb 23, 2020, 5:13 PM

Ok thanks, Owens, I was misunderstood on how many teams were left from each part of the state.

And cool history fact gmansdad, I’ve heard a lot about Cozell McQueen throughout the years and how he stood on the rim after State won in ‘83 !

Feb 23, 2020, 10:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Marlboro County vs AC Flora SC Mens high school hoops lower state championship ]

A little history for you...my dad was the AD amd head football coach at Bennettsville the year you are referencing...I was in the 7th grade and went to every game with dad obviously...Cozelles brother was a year younger and was a 6’8 forward and went to George Mason... the other forward on that B’ville team was a 6’6 240 guy named Dwayne Grace...they called him amazing grace...he was the best of all of them...he was offered by Maryland and Lefty but slow played them and Lefty pulled the scholly...Grace broke two backboards during games in his career at B ‘vile...dude was a McDonalds AA but also ended up at George Mason...

That court was loaded with talent that night in the state championship game with B’ville Amd AC Florence...the X man and Tyron Corbin won Amd were awesome...the game was actually played at the Irmo gym!!! Anyway...lots of talent on the floor that night!!!

Feb 23, 2020, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Marlboro County vs AC Flora SC Mens high school hoops lower state championship ]

A little history for you...my dad was the AD amd head football coach at Bennettsville the year you are referencing...I was in the 7th grade and went to every game with dad obviously...Cozelles brother was a year younger and was a 6’8 forward and went to George Mason... the other forward on that B’ville team was a 6’6 240 guy named Dwayne Grace...they called him amazing grace...he was the best of all of them...he was offered by Maryland and Lefty but slow played them and Lefty pulled the scholly...Grace broke two backboards during games in his career at B ‘vile...dude was a McDonalds AA but also ended up at George Mason...

That court was loaded with talent that night in the state championship game with B’ville Amd AC Florence...the X man and Tyron Corbin won Amd were awesome...the game was actually played at the Irmo gym!!! Anyway...lots of talent on the floor that night!!!

Feb 24, 2020, 12:43 PM

Awesome story, OIB, I had no idea about any of this! I guess because it was before my time, but this is so interesting, I'll have to ask my dad and uncle about this tonight !

Feb 23, 2020, 9:53 PM

Nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marlborocountycoot = fromdapeedeeswamp = tigerclaw1819

Feb 24, 2020, 7:00 AM

Re: Marlborocountycoot = fromdapeedeeswamp = tigerclaw1819

Feb 24, 2020, 2:47 PM

I thought Dwayne Grace went to the College of Charleston if I’m not mistaken, also I believe they beat North Charleston high school in the semi‘s who had a future Clemson Tigers football player on that team name Rodney Quick!

Re: Marlborocountycoot = fromdapeedeeswamp = tigerclaw1819

Feb 24, 2020, 3:03 PM

He did but also George Mason...he went to a few different places...and yes about the semis...I think they beat North Charleston-Chicora??? On a last second shot if I’m not mistaken. Also another caveat is that Bennettsvile was in the same conference as Cheraw, which had future Clemson punter Dale Hatcher at the time also Winnsboro was in that conference and their QB at that time was future Clemson great Terry Mack (Terrance Mack) ... he was a heckuva basketball player too and B’ville and Winnsboro has some great conference games!!!

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic