Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris following the Clemson model even more...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Chad Morris following the Clemson model even more...

Feb 8, 2019, 8:33 AM

Just signed FOUR 4* WR's 6'3" or taller... #WRUjr

https://n.rivals.com/news/five-programs-that-jumped-up-the-recruiting-rankings-this-cycle

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Morris following the Clemson model even more...

Feb 8, 2019, 9:08 AM

Dabo hired him for a reason and he helped in recruiting at Clemson and establishing WRU with his offense. It will be interesting to see if the Hogs can eventually play the Tigers in the CFP.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2019, 9:43 AM

I don't expect that he will make the CFP at Arkansas but if he can get them to be competitive with and occasionally beat LSU and A&M then he can stay there as long as he would like.

Many said...

Feb 8, 2019, 10:37 AM

I don't expect that Dabo will make the CFP at Clemson, but if he can get them to be competitive with...'fill in the blank'....

Of course, many more didn't think even that highly of Dabo.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Many said...

Feb 8, 2019, 10:47 AM

My comment is not to say that Morris is not able.

That's why I said "with Arkansas".

I just don't think they are able to reach those heights as a program, even with the best of coaches.

If he were to somehow end up at A&M or Texas, then watch out!

Mar 22, 2019, 12:07 PM

TigersO said:

My comment is not to say that Morris is not able.

That's why I said "with Arkansas".

I just don't think they are able to reach those heights as a program, even with the best of coaches.

If he were to somehow end up at A&M or Texas, then watch out!

Arkansas and A&M are pretty similar programs historically. Of course, A&M in the SEC may be a different animal now who knows. Petrino had Arkansas finishing in the top 5 before he wrecked his bike in the ditch and Nutt won the SEC West a couple of times but it's definitely a brutal division to try to win in if you're not Alabama, LSU or Auburn.

Mar 22, 2019, 1:32 PM

^ This

Morris will have a harder road to travel, but looking at the landscape, he has a good shot a Arky.

With Mullen at UF now, there is a gap to see who will topple Saban (from within the SEC West).

I don't think ED at LSU can do it. He will be good but always a bridesmaid. Gus is kinda outagas. We will see on that, you never know with the lakeless Clemson. They can give up 12 sacks and still win the West.

Then there is Jimbo. A couple of 2nd banana runs against Saban and he will turn cold quick. He left the ACC because a better, younger coach emerged... and that every tennis instructor kept running into his wife. Does A&M have the patience to wait for Saban to retire? How long can Jimbo get good talent when Herman might be building the better program.

Chad might be in the best place with a building time of 2-3 more years before the "win now" expectations happen. He is making progress and that time might just be enough.

Mar 22, 2019, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Many said... ]

It's not like Arkansas is not getting about $30M per year. That doesn't hurt the program and will give him the opportunity to turn it around there.

The folks that didn't think highly of Dabo were folks that

Mar 22, 2019, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Many said... ]

didn't even know him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad Morris following the Clemson model even more... ]

Really hope Chad does well with the Razorbacks.........Go Tigers!!!!!

Mar 22, 2019, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad Morris following the Clemson model even more... ]

Chad would have to win the Sec. He would drive 80 plus yards and throw a wide receiver pass for an interception. He was not the brain behind our offense. That’s why it got better when he left.

Mar 22, 2019, 3:08 PM

Chad Morris threw an interception at Clemson? Wow!

German - Virginia's recruiting class that is...***

Feb 8, 2019, 10:33 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Re: Chad Morris was a rung on the ladder for Clemson.

Feb 8, 2019, 10:54 AM

We were also a rung on his ladder too. It worked well to get us by until Dabo had Jeff and Tony ready for the job. I do not think putting them in place was a reaction to Chad leaving. Imo, Chad would have left previously had those two been ready.

I think it was Dabo's plan when he hired Chad. He just needed a fill in until he got his boys right. I soured on Chad after he ended up on the second coaching search list. Obviously, he wanted everyone to know he was looking which reminded me of Tommy.

I'm not saying a man shouldn't follow his dream and find the job he wants where he can make the most money and captain his own ship. I'm saying he was a woar who didn't give a chit about anything but what he wanted.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was harsh!!***

Feb 8, 2019, 11:40 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2019, 2:54 PM

Thats cool. I would like to see him do well.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic