Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Making arrangements for Pasadena and/or NOLA & MIA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,058

Making arrangements for Pasadena and/or NOLA & MIA

Sep 6, 2020, 3:08 PM

I am trying to move my focus beyond the current state of affairs and start making travel plans for the CFP.

Four months from now, the virus will still be around, but we'll have a vaccine (maybe not widely distributed). The students will have long been back to school and the temporary uptick in cases will be a three month old memory. The Country will be six months past the peak of mid July.

The Tigers will be rolling. The biggest debate will be whether TLaw and ETN will have to split the Heisman trophy down the middle or whether one gets it one week, and then they swap custody.

Never been to LA so suggestions for things to do would be appreciated. FYI - GSP to LAX plane tix are now $400.

If we head back to NOLA, I probably won't stay in the Garden District again - done that the last two times...maybe we'll stay at the Hilton Riverside.

We will probably drive to MIA. Had a great time with the fam doing that for the Oklahoma game.

Anyway...love to hear what anyone is planning for the upcoming CFP!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it seems the farther away the playoff game

Sep 6, 2020, 3:40 PM

the easier it is for me to get tickets since greater distance = slightly less demand and I have reasons for traveling in the western US during playoff season. Thus, I have been to our last three games in AZ and to Arlington, TX and Santa Clara, CA, but neither trip to NO. This year will be no different, I plan to go to Pasadena if that is our venue. A quick look around Pasadena will show steep-priced lodging, but from Ontario, CA eastward more reasonable, about a 45 minute drive and parking around the Rose Bowl is usually ample. I still won't make it to Miami if the Tigers do, but I am not all that crazy about south Florida as a destination anyhow, so Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Nutthing here since old, broke & a-scared!

Sep 6, 2020, 3:43 PM

But you go for it augusta courter since I did it for over 60 years and time for others to reciprocate.

”Happy Trails” as Roy Rogers would say!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Making arrangements for Pasadena and/or NOLA & MIA

Sep 6, 2020, 4:39 PM

RT from gsp to Lax was $206. yesterday . Maybe diff dates

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Making arrangements for Pasadena and/or NOLA & MIA

Sep 7, 2020, 12:12 AM

Will try for Miami. Can probably stay with ex-sister-in-law in Melbourne on the way and 1 night in Ft Lauderdale like 2015. Also went to Miami 1982, Tampa 2017, Santa Clara 2019 and NO 2020 (broke my streak so can't do GoFundMe to pay for this year)!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,058
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic