Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No one booed the service people they boo the man
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 90
| visibility 1

No one booed the service people they boo the man

Oct 20, 2012, 8:21 PM

that has gotten us in debt we'll never get out of. No one booed till they mentioned Obama. I am a veteran and had no problem and new who everyone was booing

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No one booed the service people they boo the man

Oct 20, 2012, 8:23 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I boo the loser in your avatar

Oct 20, 2012, 8:26 PM

Did you fight for your country? I did and I say BOO to Obama, I fought for America, not Obama

Obama treats us veterans and troops like crap***

Oct 20, 2012, 8:26 PM

###?Make up another lie why don't you?***

Oct 20, 2012, 10:18 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Conservatives live in a fantasy world.

Oct 20, 2012, 10:27 PM

It'd be sad if there weren't so many of them.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now that is funny

Oct 20, 2012, 11:43 PM

also know it isn't a lie that guy froze our pay at one time. Guy is not a good prez for the troops. Let me know when you're a veteran and you can see my point

Explain why the Republicans blocked a Bill, President Obama

Oct 21, 2012, 11:49 AM

tried to get passed to help Veterans to get jobs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because it was a bogus piece of election year grandstanding?***

Oct 21, 2012, 11:50 AM

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

No, it wasn't. The bill would have passed if Republicans...

Oct 21, 2012, 11:53 AM

didn't block it. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion.

You just made my point for me. Thanks.***

Oct 21, 2012, 11:54 AM

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

No, I just proved you wrong***

Oct 21, 2012, 11:59 AM

I hesitate to get in this discussion, but it's important to

Oct 21, 2012, 12:51 PM [ in reply to Explain why the Republicans blocked a Bill, President Obama ]

realize that bills don't get passed because of the other things tied to them. Sometimes it's noble stuff the other side doesn't like...sometimes it not. It's easy to draw conclusions that make it look like the other side doesn't want something without doing a little research.

I'm sure there were plenty of conservatives booing when

Oct 21, 2012, 12:43 AM [ in reply to Conservatives live in a fantasy world. ]

Bush Junior got us into two wars, paid for off the books, and then ran up a trillion dollars on a Medicare prescription program that the government was prohibited from negotiating prices on.....hypocrites.

Re: I'm sure there were plenty of conservatives booing when

Oct 21, 2012, 2:16 AM

Enough already! I have consciously tried to stay out of political crap on this board except to condemn it, but this is getting silly. CLEMSON is NOT Bob Jones U. Being a Clemson fan does not mean you have to be a conservative Republican, many fans are LIBERALS and many fans are MODERATES like me, and we have a right to say we thought it was rude, selfish, and unnecessary to cheapen those young people's moment with your political booing. I could CARE less about your views about the President, but I do care about politeness and honor to the young people who are going to serve our country and you lessened their moment. All right, I've said my piece, have a nice night.

How much less could you care?***

Oct 21, 2012, 7:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obama tried to pass a bill to help Veterans get jobs….

Oct 21, 2012, 11:47 AM [ in reply to Obama treats us veterans and troops like crap*** ]

and the Republicans blocked it. Obama really cares about the veterans. Republicans just want to use Veterans for photo op moments and jingoism to promote their policies.

Yeah, because it's so hard already for vets to sign on

Oct 21, 2012, 11:54 AM

with police and fire departments. This was an election year ploy.

Dude you are out of touch with whats going on with...

Oct 21, 2012, 12:03 PM

our Veterans coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan. There is high unemployment among Veterans of these two wars. There are young Veterans that are homeless. Many of these young men and women are suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Sorry but the police department and fire department aren't keeping Veterans from having a higher unemployment rate. But, I understand you. You see Veterans as nothing more than something to promote your own political opinion.

What are you talking about? Any facts?***

Oct 22, 2012, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Obama treats us veterans and troops like crap*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I boo the loser in your avatar

Oct 20, 2012, 8:32 PM [ in reply to I boo the loser in your avatar ]

run and fetch your gun then, make sure you are ready to pull the trigger on one of your own brothers.

LOL, let me guess you're against guns?

Oct 20, 2012, 9:46 PM

Also I fought beside my brothers, did you?

Re: LOL, let me guess you're against guns?

Oct 21, 2012, 9:45 AM

I too am calling you out as a liar, you did not serve in the military.

Bush increased the debt, would it have been OK to boo him?

Oct 20, 2012, 8:24 PM

Or are you filtering this through your partisan glasses?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, if you want to. No one will pay any attention

Oct 20, 2012, 8:25 PM

to you.

I wouldn't boo either.

Oct 20, 2012, 8:29 PM

Don't see the point, or what difference it makes.

Just trying to understand why people think it 1) matters or 2) makes a difference?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bush increased the debt, would it have been OK to boo him?

Oct 20, 2012, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Bush increased the debt, would it have been OK to boo him? ]

Sure, you have that right

Just because one has the right, doesn't make it right.***

Oct 20, 2012, 8:30 PM

Bush has not been president for nearly 4 years....

Oct 20, 2012, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Bush increased the debt, would it have been OK to boo him? ]

...you may as well start taking about Carter...you effing d-bag.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excuse me.

Oct 20, 2012, 8:32 PM

I'm not an Obama supporter. Just asking questions on a message board. Didn't call anyone any names.

Until now.

##########.

very intelligent response***

Oct 21, 2012, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Bush has not been president for nearly 4 years.... ]

Re: Bush increased the debt, would it have been OK to boo him?

Oct 20, 2012, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Bush increased the debt, would it have been OK to boo him? ]

he got plenty of boos...

a greater example of a media and citizens "disrespecting the office" will never be found

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. It's a never ending cycle.***

Oct 20, 2012, 8:37 PM

BHO doubled it in three years on crap like Porkulus, QE2,3,

Oct 20, 2012, 8:43 PM [ in reply to Bush increased the debt, would it have been OK to boo him? ]

Cash4Clunkers, etc...it's not even close in comparison

Re: BHO doubled it in three years on crap like Porkulus, QE2,3,

Oct 20, 2012, 10:58 PM

This is based on numbers from the CBO (you know, that place with career employees that serves both democratic and republican politicians).

Cash 4 clunkers cost $1 billion.

I see someone doesn't know the dif between deficit and debt

Oct 20, 2012, 11:22 PM

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/ftpdocs/108xx/doc10871/01-26-outlook.pdf

Heres some CBO 4 u
Note the start of 2008...

Re: I see someone doesn't know the dif between deficit and debt

Oct 20, 2012, 11:33 PM

What exactly are you pointing out in the 182 page report?

Last I checked, the deficit adds to the debt each year. When you figure that the majority of the deficit EACH YEAR that Obama has been in office has been becuase of commitments made by his predecessor (or from the economic catastrophe), it's pretty asinine to blame him 100% for either the debt or deficit.

It's even more stupid to blame him 100% when you figure that it's congress, not the president, that authorizes funding or ends those bush-era tax cuts.

Not to mention Nazi Pelosi held Bush's last year hostage

Oct 20, 2012, 11:52 PM

Vis-a-vis the budget...So in actuallity the Dems own it back to 2007

Re: Not to mention Nazi Pelosi held Bush's last year hostage

Oct 21, 2012, 12:41 AM

Given his previous spending, it's probably a good thing she did that (and to think you people complain about Obama's spending). Besides, the Bush tax cuts began in 2001, and we invaded Iraq and Afghanistan in 2001 in 2003. Per that nifty graph above, those account/ed for half of the deficit each year.

Republicans effectively owned the house AND senate from 1995 through 2006, when the dems got a 51-seat majority in the senate and pelosi became speaker in the house. And that only lasted 2 years.

Oct 21, 2012, 7:49 AM

What changed in 2006 that coincided with our economy being destroyed?

What were the best economic years for our county in the last 20?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2012, 11:42 AM

The last years where the US ran a surplus were Clinton's, so I'd say you could argue those were pretty good years for both the populace and the country-as-a-whole. The mid 2000's through the bubble leading up to the crash was also very good for some people, though devastatingly crushing in the amount of unpaid-for debt it saddled us with.

Nothing changed "in 2006" to cause the economic shitstorm; there was plenty of blame to go around. Wall street, often vilified by the left (and praised by the right) was making a killing off of various "complex financial instruments" that they barely understood, such as CDOs (collateralized debt obligations) and credit default swaps. The different credit-rating organizations were also to blame; it is their stated job to properly warn both investors, the government, and the public about the risk involved in financial trading; they failed miserably. Homeowners biting off more than they could chew were a big underlying cause, though I figure that's the same as giving a kid a gun and saying "here, go play with this and see what happens". Alan Greenspan is worth mentioning as well. He encouraged buyers to use riskier mortgages even after the fed substantially lowered interest rates during the dot-com boom and bust. It definitely includes predatory lenders that signed up people who likely didn't know better (as well as companies like Countrywide who have since been sued for corrupt bait-and-switch lending practices).

However last, and certainly not least, you have politicians that did not properly regulate wall streets' risky bets (CDOs, Default Swaps, the derivatives market as a whole, etc). The SEC, who is the regulatory body for most of what occurred, was heavily lobbied by Wall Street to look the other way in regards to most of what was occuring in the run-up to the disaster. Congress failed to act on that problem as well (of course, those same companies were lobbying congress).

I definitely wouldn't point a finger at any one person or group. The fact that republicans were in charge of most of the government for the 8 years leading up to the disaster is indesputable, but the democrats were just as culpable in their general silence. However all this aside, nothing has been fixed. With the crisis in Europe continuing, and Wall Street basically back to their old shenanigans, I figure we're due for another implosion in the not-to-distant future. And I don't think either option for president is going to do much about it.

------

I fully expect this entire thread to be deleted (### why are politics in a football forum), but just in case it isn't:
Go Tigers! Kick some Deacon ###!

The Clinton years were the best economically in the last 20***

Oct 21, 2012, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Not to mention Nazi Pelosi held Bush's last year hostage ]

Come on now everybody knows reality has a well known...

Oct 21, 2012, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: BHO doubled it in three years on crap like Porkulus, QE2,3, ]

liberal bias.

Barry extended Bush's tax cuts thus making them his tax cuts

Oct 22, 2012, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: BHO doubled it in three years on crap like Porkulus, QE2,3, ]

also the deficit is annual, debt in cumulative. That chart is wrong and has been debunked. Every fact check organization has said Barry was completely false saying 90% of his deficit and debt was Bush's fault. In fact, according to the fact checkers Barry's numbers are backwards. Bush's legacy only accounts for about 12% of Barry's debt, not 90%.

FACT: Barry 2x more new debt in 4 years than Bush in 8.

Interesting math you got there.***

Oct 22, 2012, 3:27 PM [ in reply to BHO doubled it in three years on crap like Porkulus, QE2,3, ]

see video

Oct 20, 2012, 8:46 PM [ in reply to Bush increased the debt, would it have been OK to boo him? ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bAdmwsF8T4

That's actually booing the person.

Oct 20, 2012, 8:51 PM

Not a reference in an oath. Not really the same thing.

The Oath said president not Obama

its been the same oath for decades always said to follow the commands of the president. It was booing the chain of command

Trivia question,

When was the last time this country wasn't in debt?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you know what each person was booing?***

Oct 20, 2012, 8:27 PM

Don't act that ignorant. There was nothing else happening..

Oct 21, 2012, 11:55 AM

that people could have booed for. Once the statement was made about following the President's orders a number of people started booing or said no really loud.

Well, there's debt and then there's $1,000,000,000,000+ deficits every year

Oct 20, 2012, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Trivia question, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

When Bill Clinton was President***

Oct 21, 2012, 11:54 AM [ in reply to Trivia question, ]

^^ Can't tell if this is a joke...hope it's a joke ^^***

Oct 22, 2012, 3:58 PM

NO POLITICS ON THIS BOARD.***

Oct 20, 2012, 8:29 PM

That makes no sense

Oct 20, 2012, 8:42 PM

The President of the United States of America

The oath did not, and has not ever

Oct 20, 2012, 10:53 PM

mentioned the name of the president. It is the office the president holds. These young men and women are, in effect, offering their lives by taking that oath and booing was totally uncalled for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Made Clemson look like ignorant, backwoods, rednecks that

Oct 20, 2012, 11:51 PM

our opponents like to say we are. Just pathetic.

We've been in debt since 1812***

Oct 20, 2012, 11:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Bush took us...

Oct 20, 2012, 11:40 PM

From a great surplus under Clinton to huge deficit in record time...I don't recall fans booing EVER in any previous military appreciation day at CU. disgraceful, biased, and it just has a "redneck" feel to it.

surplus...LOL

Oct 20, 2012, 11:42 PM

you do realize there wasn't money sitting in DC...right?

of course 9-11, hurricane, war had nothing to do with that deficit, it was only tax cuts for the rich...right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: surplus...LOL

Oct 20, 2012, 11:49 PM

My young grandson asked me why are people booing the "soldiers?"

How could I explain that. As low a class thing as I have seen in our stadium.

you tell him they're not booing the military, they're boing

Oct 20, 2012, 11:54 PM

the current president who's leaving him with trillions of dollors in debt he'll have to pay

also a healthcare system that will not help him or his family in yrs to come

see that was easy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Having tax cuts carrying out two wars, creates a deficit...

Oct 21, 2012, 12:05 PM [ in reply to surplus...LOL ]

it's simple mathematics. You can't cut taxes, borrow money from China to carry out two wars, and not have a huge deficit.

And could literally cost us many, many recruits***

Oct 20, 2012, 11:48 PM [ in reply to Bush took us... ]

Re: And could literally cost us many, many recruits***

Oct 21, 2012, 5:50 AM

Recruits or Freedom
Don't think from the left or right, just check on what's going on
The current President and his Adm. are in talks with the UN that will change and affect everyone.
One of which will affect everyone on T-net because if it gets worked out on the amount the UN will be given the right to tax all of us every time we use the net.
No matter where you stand Left--Middle--Right who you like or don't like being an American and supporting what's the best for America should be most important

IMO, republican or democrat has nothing to do with it.

Oct 21, 2012, 5:09 AM [ in reply to Bush took us... ]

The lack of a system of checks and balances by the Security and Exchange Commission between the credit rating agencies and investment banks as well as other financial institutions, is what caused the housing market crash (which I think many would agree was an instrumental factor for the lousy economy). Seeing as how the CRA's were being paid by the investment banks to give "acceptable" credit rating's to potential home buyers, there's definitely going to be a problem. Sorry, usually don't post on political stuff on a sports board. I'll head to the lunge with my head held in shame. :(

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO, republican or democrat has nothing to do with it.

Oct 21, 2012, 11:59 AM

You get a point for an insightful yet non-partisan statement.

The 9/11 hijackers were unavailable for comment***

Oct 21, 2012, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Bush took us... ]

Do you seriiously believe that everyone is stupid enough to

Oct 20, 2012, 11:47 PM

believe that Obama created all this debt. Bush passed a stimulus right before he left office because the economy was about to collapse. Obamma had to pass one right away because the economic situation he inherited was so severe. Bush also got this country into the very expensive Iraq war. It cost a lot of money and lives. Unlike the Afghan war, which was in direct response to 9/11, the Irag was was not needed. Please take your politics to the lounge and don't assume that everyone buys that malarky about Obama sinking the economy and causing all the debt. Bush did a great job of accomplishing both before he left office and you #### well know it.

not as stupid as anyone that still blames Bush for the debt

Oct 21, 2012, 7:10 AM

now THAT is stupid.

So you really believe that having massive tax cuts….

Oct 21, 2012, 12:09 PM

during two wars, and borrowing money from China to pay for those wars didn't create a huge deficit?

Barry extended those tax cuts, he owns them now. And the CBO

Oct 22, 2012, 3:17 PM

says they need to be extended again to help prevent the fiscal cliff in January. You do NOT make massive tax increases during a recession.

Or anyone that glorifies a double murderer on their sig.

Oct 22, 2012, 3:03 PM [ in reply to not as stupid as anyone that still blames Bush for the debt ]

Leslie Van Houten is causing as much debt for the State of California as anyone. She went into a couple's home, brutally stabbed them to death, used their blood to smear messages on the walls, ate food out of their fridge, stole their clothes to wear out of the house, and left the bodies for the children to find.

And you think she's neat! Now, how STUPID is that. Instead of being executed as she should have been, the California taxpayers have had to foot her bill since 1969.

quit trying to send this to the lounge***

Oct 21, 2012, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Do you seriiously believe that everyone is stupid enough to ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All 3 fact check groups have debunked Obama. Bush's legacy

Oct 22, 2012, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Do you seriiously believe that everyone is stupid enough to ]

is 12% of Obama's debt, not 90% as Obama claims. That comes from all 3 fact check groups.

I don't care...

Oct 20, 2012, 11:51 PM

Where money "was sitting", 2 wars on a credit card and corrupt government contracts that put money in politicians pockets while troops were dieing over seas will not be easily forgotten, or his general ignorance and terrible approval rating at home and abroad. Not even going into tax cuts for wealthy elite or loopholes.

Is this really a can of worms you want to reopen? Bush is the reason Obama is in office. Pubs have made their bed yet don't want to lay in it.

If you booed, you are a joke.

As I understand it the booing was done during

Oct 20, 2012, 11:54 PM

several kids'enlistment oaths or re-enlistment oaths for current service members. I swore the oath of enlistment twice, the first to commander in chief Ronald Reagan and six years later to George H. Bush. I was in the Army and Coast Guard and completed each service's eight-week basic training. Those oaths of enlistment were among my proudest memories. Fortunately I made my oaths twice in that big red-carpet room at the MEPPS station at Fort Jackson. My memories weren't tainted by a bunch of rednecks booing as I swore my allegiance to God and country and to uphold the orders of my commander in chief.

No offence but RR & GHWB didn't turn us into a third world

Oct 21, 2012, 12:04 AM

economy...
Btw they also didn't try and prevent our front line troops absentee ballots from getting counted either.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/15/romney-campaign-files-federal-suit-to-ensure-all-military-ballots-count-in-wisconsin/

A suggestion, stay away from conspiracy theories when...

Oct 21, 2012, 12:07 PM

debating politics. It's just makes you look like a nutjob.

LOL. I just got back from Nicaragua. Have you ever even

Oct 22, 2012, 9:39 AM [ in reply to No offence but RR & GHWB didn't turn us into a third world ]

been to a third world country buddy? Using hyperbole like that only serves as red flag to immediately disregard the rest of your post as conservative talk radio fox news propaganda garbage. Please, think for yourself. Lay off the conservative media outlets and try to be objective.

Thank you. The military was honored all day & some choose

Oct 21, 2012, 9:39 AM

To focus on this one issue. They also fail to acknowledge 80,000 gave the oath takers a standing ovation at the end of the ceremony.

Nobody mentioned Obama

Oct 21, 2012, 9:57 AM

Nor did they mention the President. The oath is to obey the OFFICE of the President. So yeah, it was pretty shameful and extremely humiliating.

The vets sitting next to me laughed

Oct 21, 2012, 10:06 AM

It was all good....the half time show was emotional...my favorite part was the guns going off in the cemetery.....could hear the stands echo. The fans were so quiet, could hear a pin drop. Very moving day.

Uh, get your facts straight President Bush got us in this...

Oct 21, 2012, 11:46 AM

debt crisis, Obama inherited it. President Bush and the Republican Congress passed huge tax cuts while carrying out two wars, that's why we have the deficit we have now. And the Republicans still want to have massive tax cuts, during a huge deficit. You may not like Obama, but please don't lie about how this country got in this debt crisis.

Barry 2x more debt in 4 yrs than Bush in 8 and ALL 3 fact

Oct 22, 2012, 3:21 PM

check organizations have debunked Obama. Bush accounts for about 12% of Barry's debt, not 90%. Barry lied, again!!! Per the fact checkers!!

Just because you are a veteran doesn't mean you represent

Oct 21, 2012, 12:08 PM

all veterans.

The most disappointed my grandfather ever was in me was when I made some comment mocking Clinton on tv during some military ceremony on vet/memorial day (was in Elem. school, so don't remember which). He was a man that earned his bronze star in the battle of the bulge, and voted conservative since my parents where born.

If I had booed yesterday, I'm sure he would've risen from the grave just to smack me upside my head.

I'm a Conservative

Oct 21, 2012, 12:53 PM

But the Republican circle-jerk on this forum gets really tiresome to read.

As opposed to the blatant liberal lies?***

Oct 22, 2012, 3:22 PM

Re: No one booed the service people they boo the man

Oct 21, 2012, 1:07 PM

I too am a veteran Army and Navy, I think that there is a place for political statements.
That place is not during a ceremony at a college football game.

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Did they boo W(tf) for war and debt?***

Oct 22, 2012, 3:17 PM

Replies: 90
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic