Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mack Brown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Mack Brown

Oct 8, 2016, 7:42 AM

My wife and I were in a loud bar/restaurant for the first half, so I didn't get to hear the commentating. We Ubered home and I saw the entire second half and listened. Here's my take:

Mack has a high-pitched raspy/nasally voice with an irritating twang. That is not easy hear. But, I thought he was mostly complimentary of Dabo and Clemson and even seemed to be pulling for our D to make another stop in the second half when we were clearly already going to win. With the rediculous Boulware "targeting" call, he stood up for Boulware and said that Towles needed to learn to slide and "take the field goal."

I much prefer Mack to a lot of the ESPN or other network's commentators, including vest/skinny tie boy or Mr. Hurtin Buckaroo, just to name two.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate when an announcer mispronounces a name

Oct 8, 2016, 8:01 AM

he said coach Venerbles all night long lol

Comes from his time at UNCheat

Oct 8, 2016, 8:05 AM

He never had to attend class, so didn't learn proper phonetic pronunciation!

I know, he was there a little ahead of the "nothing to see here, folks" scandal, but hey...

He did a good job on the game, surprisingly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate when an announcer mispronounces a name

Oct 8, 2016, 8:24 AM [ in reply to I hate when an announcer mispronounces a name ]

He probably warshes his clothes.

another funny one was Tavien Foster***

Oct 8, 2016, 8:26 AM [ in reply to I hate when an announcer mispronounces a name ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice guy, real complementary of Dabo and Clemson program

Oct 8, 2016, 8:03 AM

but not a good live commentator.

Re: Mack Brown

Oct 8, 2016, 8:13 AM

Mack has a Tennessee Twang!

Terrible voice, but he knows the game

Oct 8, 2016, 8:17 AM

I prefer him to a lot of the hacks on ESPN.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Found it funny when Jabril Robinson got a sack and they gave

Oct 8, 2016, 8:18 AM

credit to Big Dex. Then they kept going on and on about what an outstanding freshman season Big Dex is having and apparently the producers didn't signal to them they were giving credit to the wrong guy. Big Dex, clean cut and listed at 340 lb. Robinson with hair hanging out the back of his helmet and listed at 280 lb. 60 lb delta. Pretty obvious.

He also clearly explained why Clemson needed to keep

Oct 8, 2016, 8:18 AM

scoring if they could. That the "eye test" does exist and how it impacts the fact the fact that teams have to go after lopsided wins and it is not running the score up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Mack Brown Appears after Dabo

Oct 8, 2016, 9:21 AM

Was hired he contacted some successful programs at that time for a visit. Was welcomed by coach Brown. Was spurned by others. Brown was highly impressed. Very helpful to staff. He told his staff to give them anything yhey needed. Thanks to coach Brown for the welcome. Prefer him to SEC trolls. Not a polished announcer but knowledgeable. He can do our games
anytime

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mack Brown Appears after Dabo

Oct 8, 2016, 9:21 AM

Was hired he contacted some successful programs at that time for a visit. Was welcomed by coach Brown. Was spurned by others. Brown was highly impressed. Very helpful to staff. He told his staff to give them anything yhey needed. Thanks to coach Brown for the welcome. Prefer him to SEC trolls. Not a polished announcer but knowledgeable. He can do our games
anytime

Sorry for double post. Tech challenged oldtimer***

Oct 8, 2016, 9:23 AM

perfectly acceptable to double-post

Oct 8, 2016, 9:32 AM

when the first post is good. +1

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Re: Mack Brown

Oct 8, 2016, 9:38 AM

Coach Brown has been a mentor to Dabo for years. Dabo models the success of our program after UT win 10 a year mantra. I know Dabo and coaches joined Brown in Austin at least once to learn about their program and facilities. Coach Brown will always speak well about Dabo. Neat relationship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i got no problems with him. i've in SC for roughly 45 years

Oct 8, 2016, 9:48 AM

and if I can stand upstate twang, nothing Mack Brown does is gonna put me off :)

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic