Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lutz. “We are living in an Orwellian World:”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 788

Lutz. “We are living in an Orwellian World:”

Sep 16, 2020, 12:09 AM

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/bob-woodward-calls-out-trump-now-claiming-he-up-played-covid-we-are-living-in-an-orwellian-world/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lutz. “We are living in an Orwellian World:”

Sep 16, 2020, 12:26 AM

trump is king of lies, and confusion.
He has the ability to lie and muddy the waters so much that its hard to keep track. His followers (cult) don't even care

I once had a business partner like this, to a lesser degree of course. He would lie sometimes for no obvious reason, then lie about the lie, and on and on, til he eventually spun it into actually being someone else’s fault altogether

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Re: Lutz. “We are living in an Orwellian World:”

Sep 16, 2020, 1:22 AM

What you're saying sounds like a bunch of BS to me, in fact, people like you who keep spreading this craps are the main problem.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What was your business

Sep 16, 2020, 6:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Lutz. “We are living in an Orwellian World:” ]

was this a 50/50 partner?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What was your business

Sep 16, 2020, 7:43 AM

I think that is a picture of them he place Trump and Barr's picture onto.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s easy to keep up if you’re rational and intelligent, but his supporters

Sep 16, 2020, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Lutz. “We are living in an Orwellian World:” ]

(the ones who worship him like many on this board, not the ones who will vote for him because they support Repub policies more than Dem policies) are not able to keep up with him, which is why they think he is their savior.

And there you have the Tarp

Sep 16, 2020, 6:20 AM

Kinda surprised that was the best they could come up with.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup.....Trump lies people died!

Sep 16, 2020, 7:54 AM

But in my estimation the releasing of information that I thought would save lives wasn't quite as important as timing the release of my book 50 days before the election.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of more concern is Trump's enthusiasm to even talk to that

Sep 16, 2020, 8:34 AM

guy. I mean he got played, and there are leaders around the world just as good or better at playing people like Trump. I mean Trump lied, idiots died. That happens. Trump gets played, and wars start and nations crumble.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not the first pol to be hit hard by hubris, but

Sep 16, 2020, 8:40 AM

he may be the most chronically affected by it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a worser look than lying IMO. You can expect the lies.

Sep 16, 2020, 8:55 AM

They make sense. Who the heck says "Yeah, I got a blowie in the Oral Orifice and cheated on my wife, and I'd do it again too!"?

Getting played? That's flat out dangerous. Like with Clinton, he lied. So whatever. Had we found Monica was suddenly driving a Ferrari, and her bank account had swelled into the millions, and she'd been placed on a dozen corporate and philanthropic boards, then that would look much worse for Clinton, as he got played. Lies are far less damaging.

LOL, before it ever got to that point, she would have

Sep 16, 2020, 8:57 AM

met a tragic and untimely demise.

Clinton gets a pass on Monica in my book.

Sep 16, 2020, 9:36 AM

And it has absolutely nothing to do with Clinton, and everything to do with Hillary. See, the guys who cheat, the best thing that can happen (for the man) always seems to happen, the wife either goes public, or launches into the public light. The smart woman who wants to sink a man after infidelity, dips OUT of the spotlight. But all too often the scorned wife comes out, enters the public spotlight, and it usually takes very little time to see why the guy cheated. Then the guy gets a pass. This happened with Mark Sanford with the Argentine woman and the whole Appalachian Trail thing. He was busted. He fessed up (credit there). He left office. Surely the end of his political career. What can he do to recover from that? Nothing. BUT......Jenny Sanford then comes out into the public eye, goes on The View and some other TV talk shows, and watching her coldness you start to understand Sanford was just a good guy, but a very lonely man. FFWD a few years, and he's right back in office. Had Jenny Sanford not gone on a national TV tour, Mark Sanford would be selling real estate in Beaufort or something right now. And of course Hillary launched a political career that was doomed to fail for the exact same reason Bill got a pass in the public eye.

It's like 1984 or Animal House

Sep 16, 2020, 8:39 AM

*that line I saw on Twitter got a chuckle from me

And I am an Orwellian girl.***

Sep 16, 2020, 9:40 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Underrated POTD***

Sep 16, 2020, 12:26 PM

A totally different take but listen to Snowden on Rogan...***

Sep 16, 2020, 12:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowden still trying to hold on to his 15 minutes of fame.

Sep 16, 2020, 12:07 PM

The guy is no prophet; He was a low level sysadmin that stole access to some classified documents.

I've been in IT for more than 20 years, and nothing he initially released was surprising to me at all. I always thought most of that stuff was common knowledge; turns out people just weren't really paying attention.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Common Knowledge" to an IT guy, but not the general

Sep 16, 2020, 12:31 PM

public. I guess that huge NSA facility in Utah needed to be 'justified'...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 788
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic