Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LOve Tajh..but think Stoudt & Kelly kick it up a notch in a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

LOve Tajh..but think Stoudt & Kelly kick it up a notch in a

Dec 18, 2013, 6:55 PM

different way..both being sharp, competitive (Kelly unreal), good passers, good runners (Kelly better that Stoudt or Boyd)..

saying, we are in very good hands at Clemson for awhile..and Watson adds a ton of icing to the cake (RS or not).

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOve Tajh..but think Stoudt & Kelly kick it up a notch in a

Dec 18, 2013, 6:58 PM

if you think Kelly and Stoudt will surpass what Boyd did at Clemson, you're in for a big disappointment

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2013, 7:11 PM

What were the lottery numbers yesterday? Wait, that's not how this works.

Anyway, you don't know that.

Dec 18, 2013, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Re: LOve Tajh..but think Stoudt & Kelly kick it up a notch in a ]

No you are the one totally wrong, Boyd is not a pocket passer and not as good at running as Kelly for sure. I do think stoudt is the better pocket passer but I think you will be surprised next year at qb whoever it is and think the online will be much improved( not only from experience but the fact we will have a qb that can step up in the pocket like stoudt and not run into sacks like Boyd) also Kelly is a hell of a read option type qb I think Morris needs for this offense with an accurate arm.

And yes don't forget about Watson! This kid is for real. Can see him competing for some pt with him enrolling early this year and could be starter by mid season.
Would love to redshirt him and have a Winston type season but this kid could def avoid that redshirt

Dec 18, 2013, 7:57 PM

RUDETIGER3 You are a #### genius! i mean that seriously too! You are SPOT ON in everything you said in my opinion! Stoudt will def start next yr and right on he will not run into sacks like boyd has! and i dont believe in kelly at all. dont know how u feel ab him. i think stoudt next yr then watson til he goes 12 the draft hes def 4real

Dec 19, 2013, 1:48 AM

Right on. Stoudt will surprise everyone next year. Just look at his stats this year and how accurate he was.
I know I know it's against 2nd team defenses but honestly if that's anyones argument, then i def think Stoudt will have much more success ( would have had more success) under our first string oline than Boyd.

Dude is underrated bc he was a 3 star or something like that out of high school and has performed way beyond that star indication in limited action.

Dec 18, 2013, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: LOve Tajh..but think Stoudt & Kelly kick it up a notch in a ]

well no #### they want surpass what he did. stoudts a senior so how's that even possible idiot? But Stoudt will be more efficient and stand in the pocket longer than Boyd. And i do not believe in Kelly at all. Stoudt next yr then Watson til he leaves for the draft

Best case scenario is D Watson beats them both out***

Dec 18, 2013, 7:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best case scenario is D Watson beats them both out***

Dec 18, 2013, 7:11 PM

if a true freshman wins the starting job.. Clemson will have a bigger problem... when's the last time a TRUE freshman started and had success on a BCS team.

I mean it in a sense that I hope he's that good

Dec 18, 2013, 7:48 PM

Next year likely a rebuilding year for us anyway. Might as well get him in here. Real NFL QB's rarely play more than 3 years anyway, so we might as well get it underway...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even if Watson does a solid job during the spring

Dec 18, 2013, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Best case scenario is D Watson beats them both out*** ]

Kelly and Stoudt would have to really bomb for Dabo and Morris to decide to hold back the RS for Watson. You go for the best, sure. But if you've got at least two that you think can do the job, you start the non-freshman and give the freshman a chance to develop. That is, if you are looking at the long view of the program.

Some think Morris will start Watson just so he has some hands on time to coach him. Suggests Morris expects he is a short timer also. I don't think that will happen and less for that reason.

Stoudt next year with Kelly getting lots of time

Dec 18, 2013, 7:40 PM

Watson redshirts and then pairs with Kelly the next year - all will be high draft picks! Stoudt has already earned at least the co-starter next year - 5th year Senior. I think in 2 games this year he would have been the better qb - cooler with more accurate arm than Boyd!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't he have over 90% pass completion?***

Dec 18, 2013, 7:52 PM

Watson to me seems mature and intelligent enough to

Dec 18, 2013, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Stoudt next year with Kelly getting lots of time ]

see how he benefits by red shirting. Need to fatten him up a bit and a yr to settle him in. Too impatient to wait that long to see him but I'll make do =)

Dec 18, 2013, 7:53 PM

Amen.. been saying this for a while. But i think Stoudt is goiung too shock all Clemson fans next yr. So yes i DEF think he will start his senior season. Also think he will stand in the pocket longer than Boyd and is more accurate and is no doubt smarter and will go through all his progressions and isn't scared to check down to the RB or tight end!

"CTigerz514" with your post ideas on QB 110% as Frank said!*

Dec 18, 2013, 7:56 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "CTigerz514" with your post ideas on QB 110% as Frank said!*

Dec 18, 2013, 8:02 PM

Thanks! i think your the 1st non troll on here that hasnt had something negative 2 say lol. #TigerGang #GoTigers

Hope Boyd plays like he did against Lsu and Ga, if not, then

Dec 18, 2013, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: LOve Tajh..but think Stoudt & Kelly kick it up a notch in a ]

Stoudt ought to get a chance, seeing he is from OSU and is a lot calmer than Tajh. I do hope to see the determined focused Boyd redeem himself though! And then Stoudt next year may "SHOCK" Tiger fans - hope so!

from Ohio***

Dec 18, 2013, 8:01 PM

Re: Hope Boyd plays like he did against Lsu and Ga, if not, then

Dec 18, 2013, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Hope Boyd plays like he did against Lsu and Ga, if not, then ]

Right on #GoTigers

I am reassured knowing

Dec 18, 2013, 8:06 PM

that we will have a reliable backup and not have to worry about having an untested, or freshman QB to back up the starter. whoever it may be

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic