Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Love ESPN bias towards SEC being exposed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Love ESPN bias towards SEC being exposed

Dec 31, 2014, 4:47 AM

https://medium.com/@jordanburchette/bias-is-just-good-business-15873e703d00

Sorry if Germans.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very good article***

Dec 31, 2014, 5:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Very good article***

Dec 31, 2014, 7:49 AM

The Fowler inlay...ugh...so disturbingly funny! The listening to Cowherd description: solid gold! Good article.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, some truth to power here!***

Dec 31, 2014, 8:37 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He lost it all with his climate change analogy

Dec 31, 2014, 9:12 AM

Since there has been no warming for over 18 years who is denying the facts.Seems ESPN is biased, but he isn't? I won't hijack the thread by responding to any debate about AGM.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love ESPN bias towards SEC being exposed

Dec 31, 2014, 9:43 AM

Great article and thanks for posting.

Here is the most telling paragraph from the article...

The result is the perpetuation of the idea that any win in the SEC is a marquis victory justifying the kind of towering rankings that have seen four of the conference’s teams make appearances in this year’s College Football Playoff top four (no other conference has placed more than one). But the SEC’s 0–for–4 performance against its rivals from little brother the ACC on the final weekend of the regular season and its subsequent 5–6 record against Power Five teams contradict the prevailing narrative of superiority that has afforded the SEC benefit of the doubt on all matters subjective?—?chiefly the rankings that decide college football’s playoff participants.

Dec 31, 2014, 1:37 PM

Either way, ESPN’s deal with the SEC is reportedly the longest in all of television, with the SEC Network alone potentially accounting for 12 percent of ESPN’s profits this fiscal year. That, combined with the possible preference enjoyed by SEC teams in the form of more favorable coverage… which begets higher rankings… which lead to better bowl bids with higher payouts, amounts to a redistribution of wealth that will only further widen an income inequality gap in college football.

Common is the rebuttal that ESPN has a vested interest in all of the Power Five conferences, with which they have broadcast deals as well. But ESPN doesn’t have a deal with any other conference that’s anywhere near approaching the one it has with the SEC.

That bit right there too...spot on!

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 31, 2014, 10:05 AM

Great article although kinda technical I did enjoy his use of vocabulary,
Now if a true 16 team Play off were in place I think that would help off set some of the bias!

Dec 31, 2014, 11:21 AM

Did I just read a subtle reference to Fight Club near the end? Mind caves? Power animals?

Daddy likes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great article. I love his point about the SEC being inserted

Dec 31, 2014, 12:51 PM

Into things they have nothing to do with ("Clemson has SEC speed.") and how great college teams used to be compared to the NFL and are now compared to the SEC.

null

It really does turn my stomach

Dec 31, 2014, 12:58 PM

As it should even teams like Alabama, Auburn, LSU and TAM. It is degrading to all of the individual programs out there that are paying the price and putting forth the $ and effort.

Dec 31, 2014, 1:33 PM

D@mn good article...

Its a revolving door...

ESPN makes money off SEC by promoting and loving the conference--SEC gets better coverage, rankings, bowls, and money--ESPN's promotion and love fest brings in recruits for SEC schools to make money

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

another great article from this guy

Dec 31, 2014, 2:12 PM

Hope he keeps it up

todays peach bowl backs what he is saying***

Dec 31, 2014, 3:14 PM

Re: todays peach bowl backs what he is saying***

Dec 31, 2014, 3:34 PM

Agreed. Hope Ga Tech and OSU can show the same as TCU and Notre Dame did.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic